PDA

View Full Version : I need step by step help with skins

locustuses
January 18th, 2006, 17:40
I took the advice in some of the threads here to create a custom skin to give my desktop a different feel than the wood grain gives. However, I have been unable to display anything different than the wood desktop, even after deleting the wood.png from the FG files and calling a different picture wood.png. I am an XML retard, obviously, or this wouldn't pose a problem. If someone could walk me through what to do and why my desktop doesn't change even when i replace and rename the file itself, I would be extremely grateful.

:D

Locus

Crusader
January 18th, 2006, 18:45
Normally, the ruleset you use is a part of the resource file. To make any changes you need a custom ruleset. This means you need to copy the example folder, naming it something different and make the changes there. In your custom ruleset you can edit the base.xml and designate another image to be usd on the desktop.

locustuses
January 19th, 2006, 02:40
I was getting stuck in that my campaigns were all on the d20 base ruleset and had been saved as wood1.png even when I edited the other files...so when i went to host as dm, regardless of what was in my textures file, the wood.png was saved to my campaign. I altered the ruleset and created a new campaign and viola!

Thank you for taking the time to respond, you've helped make a happy dm...

Locus :)

Crusader
January 19th, 2006, 07:59
I'm always happy to help! :)