PDA

View Full Version : Tyria: The Age of Man 5e Wednesdays 8pm CST Homebrew

Reosoul
June 4th, 2017, 12:44
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: 5e

Time Zone: Central
Day of week and time: Wednesdays, 8:15 PM to roughly 12:00 AM.
If new game, planned start date: Been running for a few months now.
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly game, maybe skipping one session every other month on average.
Term: Long-term game, plan for level 20.

Text or Voice: Some text is allowed, but Voice with push-to-talk is required.
Voice software used: Private Mumble server.

Roleplay & Combat mix: About a 50/50 split and highly dependent on circumstances/current setting.
Number of Players in game & needed: Currently have 3 dependable players. Looking for 1-2 more dependable players.
Character starting level & equipment: Level 8 with a free starting feat that makes sense for the character's background.*
Character restrictions: Stats are determined via Point Buy, Array, or rolling stats in the presence of the DM(4d6, drop the lowest).
The following races are banned: Gnome, Genasi. Dragonborn.
The following races are reskinned or modified: Aaracokra(Valkyrian), Tiefling & variants(Fel), Half-Orc(Valari), Goliath(Ech'lun)
Sources available: Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, Elemental Evil, PHB, Unearthed Arcana*, Homebrew(DM's Guild, etc)*
Starting Equipment: Class starting equipment and 2,000 GP worth of mundane gear. No magic items/consumables.

Additional information on the Homebrew races can be found here: https://tyria-2.obsidianportal.com/forum/race-crunch#post-906541

*Upon DM approval, some classes/options simply won't fit the setting or would unbalance the game.

Details of your scenario:

The Age of Man has come. The Dragons and the Pantheon of Gods shrink before the ascension of the mortal races. Magic floods the world, birthing sorcerers with no control over a very dangerous power. Monsters and savages march from the Eastern Reaches. The race of man rebukes the very gods... and the lands are tipped further into chaos.

You are but one of many in a time of turmoil. Are you a hunter of sorcerers? A cleric who watched the Amere put your temple to the torch? Or perhaps an Ech'lun that found their way into West Tyria, by choice or by chains? A time of great change is upon the world, where is your place in it?

Expectations of Players: Show up on time, but let me know if you can't. This is a cooperative group, be whatever you want to be so long as you're not being a jerk. Everyone in this group currently is well over the age of 18- maturity is required.

Link to Gamecalendar page: Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2276)

Reosoul
June 4th, 2017, 12:50
To integrate players into the setting/group, my group will be running one-shots until we find the 1 or 2 players we're looking for that make a good fit. So I guess this is kind of like try-outs! (Don't worry, we're all very nice individuals.)

More information will be thrown up on the calendar page, but do reply here if you have any specific questions. Thank you!

drew130
June 4th, 2017, 18:24
Hey Reosoul

I've send a PM
I would like to join.

Reosoul
June 4th, 2017, 19:38
Hey Reosoul

I've send a PM
I would like to join.

Accepted you on the calendar. We'll probably be running a one-shot to see how well people mesh, so stay tuned on there, will have information on that Wednesday game very soon. :)

Reosoul
June 11th, 2017, 14:36
Bump. Still need another player. :)

Rivak
June 14th, 2017, 02:09
PMd

timmer13z
June 15th, 2017, 05:41
If there are still two open slots, my wife and I may be interested. Both are experienced D&D 5e players, and have extensive experience with Fantasy Grounds.