PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Card Question

danielhalond
June 3rd, 2017, 17:36
Hello!

I'm using FG 3.3.1 and running Savage Worlds v4.4 with the Adventure Cards extension

I'm trying to add some custom cards. I could not find the documentation of the extension, but I followed the instructions the .ext provides. Even after redoing everything many times FG returns the following message when I try to assign the card to a player "Adventure card 'Fury Attack' cannot be dealt without first being configured as part of the Adventure Deck".

The image loads correctly, at least the one I saved inside the module image folder.

I'm missing a step and I don't know which one, can someone point it please?

Thanks!

P.S.: I did find some old posts that do point to a site with the documentation but I'm getting a 404 error, so :T

danielhalond
June 3rd, 2017, 20:16
Hi!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, guys
I had some help from a person in the discord and we solved the problem.

Anyways, if someone has the link for the documentation I would still appreciate it :)

Wookiee420
June 4th, 2017, 06:11
i am glad we were able to figure it out!!! I also found the documentation its in your FG folder in the docs folder

danielhalond
June 4th, 2017, 12:49
Cool!

danielhalond
June 4th, 2017, 13:26
Now I got another problem!

I can't use the cards. Any ideas? Not even the cards that come with the extension. When I drag them into the chat window it shows a box with the card's name inside. The card doesn't disappear from the character sheet neither the description shows.

danielhalond
June 4th, 2017, 13:39
These are the errors that occurs when I turn the Adventure Cards extension when loading my campaign

Ruleset Error: windowclass: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (ps_main) does not match an existing windowclass. Skipped. File (ps/ps_main.xml)
Ruleset Warning: framedef: Could not load file (graphics/frames/characterbox.png) for resource (characterbox)
Script Error: [string "scripts/launcher.lua"]:15: attempt to call field 'registerCharOverlay' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: setIcon: Could not find icon (combobox_button) for control (language_cbbutton) in windowclass (chat)
Ruleset Warning: buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (button_dialog_cancel_down) for control (recordstate) in windowclass (rollstatistics_recorder)
Ruleset Warning: buttoncontrol: Could not find icon (button_dialog_ok_down) for control (recordstate) in windowclass (rollstatistics_recorder)

Thanks!

Trenloe
June 4th, 2017, 16:07
More than likely you have a version mismatch. Please type /version in the chat window and post the results here.

danielhalond
June 4th, 2017, 23:59
Thanks for the answer, Trenloe!

Here are the results (I turned off other extensions)
CoreRPG v3.0
SavageWorlds v4.4

[Adventure Deck Configuration]: Deck Configuration for Adventure Deck por SmiteWorks USA, LLC., 2011
[Adventure Deck]: Provides Adventure Deck features (versão 1.6) por Ben Turner

Wookiee420
June 5th, 2017, 01:47
If it worked then stopped working, then i am going to venture a guess that you accidentally edited something that broke it. It looks to me like something in the lua.

danielhalond
June 5th, 2017, 02:28
I never got to use the custom cards, I was having trouble adding them

Trenloe
June 5th, 2017, 02:30
OK. Let's clarify some information here. It looks like you've modified the base adventure card extension? If so, what changes have you made? Have you made changes to the most recent version, or are you working off an old version?

Do you get the same errors if you run just the normal, unmodified adventure deck extension?

danielhalond
June 5th, 2017, 04:05
It seems so. I just deleted the custom extensions, updated FG, it downloaded the extension again. Although there are less errors now, but I still can`t use the cards

Ruleset Error: windowclass: Defined with a merge attribute, but the name attribute (ps_main) does not match an existing windowclass. Skipped. File (ps/ps_main.xml)
Script Error: [string "scripts/launcher.lua"]:15: attempt to call field 'registerCharOverlay' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: setIcon: Could not find icon (combobox_button) for control (language_cbbutton) in windowclass (chat)

danielhalond
June 5th, 2017, 04:08
Is it compatible with Savage Worlds 4.4?

Trenloe
June 5th, 2017, 04:11
Start a new Savage Worlds campaign. Only enable the "Adventure Deck" extension - no other extensions.

Do you get any errors when the brand new campaign loads?

If no errors, activate the "Adventure Deck" module (this contains the standard card images). Does this work OK?

Trenloe
June 5th, 2017, 04:16
1) What mode are you running in? Check the mode is "live" in the main FG settings window (click the "Settings" button the FG startup screen).
2) Check that you don't have an unzipped SavageWorlds directory in your FG \rulesets directory. The error you're getting suggests you aren't running on the recent release that includes the standard party sheet.

Ikael
June 5th, 2017, 05:59
Those errors could appear if you have old version of the ruleset. Can you check that you don't have the ruleset unachieved?

Wookiee420
June 5th, 2017, 16:07
Just so everyone knows the outcome......I have been helping Daniel with this through Discord. Turns out he has a language issue with the SW elements and some of his players (like words on sheets and other issues) so he has been modifying it to work for his players. Because of this he has modified things and had an unzipped and edited ruleset, and when the update hit it did not hit him. He has since moved his edited version and re-updated to the 4.4 newness and things work again (not fully sure if he tried the Adventure Deck changes). Hopefully he can figure out what parts are safe to rename and what arent (i dont think many are that safe, but we will see). Ikael, do you have any suggestions on updating languages so that things dont break?

Trenloe
June 5th, 2017, 16:18
do you have any suggestions on updating languages so that things dont break?
The two main areas that are safe to change are:
1) the language strings in the ruleset \strings directory. That's what they're there for - to allow localization. Some background info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19849-Conversion-of-rulesets-to-use-string-resources-in-v3-0
2) Images that contain text - just change the image, don't change the filename.

Additionally, for translations, it's worth looking at the LPak translation community project: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27202-LanguagePak-(LPak)-Community-Project-Program

Wookiee420
June 5th, 2017, 16:37
thank you for the quick reply Mistah Trenloe :)

danielhalond
June 5th, 2017, 19:22
Thank you guys for the answers! Sorry I didn't answer before, I was trying to make it work.

Yeah, I had an old version and it seems some .xml files were missing too

First I made a backup and deleted the ruleset and the extension. Updated and then everything worked correctly. Then Wookie helped me figuring out what I needed to do so I could translate without messing with the game automation and stuff. Now it is working fine. I will have to create an extension in the future to prevent this to happen.

Again, thanks so much for everyones help (: