PDA

View Full Version : Hero Lab to Fantasy Grounds (Pathfinder) Conversion

Industrious1
June 3rd, 2017, 03:00
So, I recently purchased hero lab and have been converting characters over to FG with relative success.

My issue is that none of my casters seem to be able to get their spells converted...everything else works fine but none of my spells ever appear in my actions.

I have memorized the spells in HL and have no validation errors...what am I missing?

LordEntrails
June 3rd, 2017, 03:12
There is another thread (somewhere, maybe in the PF forums) that mentions is has something to do with the spells be listed as memorized versus known. I don't remember the details or if there was a solution etc. Maybe someone else will.

Industrious1
June 3rd, 2017, 03:16
Yeah, I read that as well, but I have memorized the spells in Hero Lab and tried exporting that version also to no avail.

I seen that people were having issues with this 4 or 5 years ago...so i'm assuming this problem has been solved between here and then.

Any idea's?

LordEntrails
June 3rd, 2017, 03:31
I don't use HL, so really don't know. Have you tried opening the XML created from HL and then comparing it to the XML of a character created in FG? Maybe it's as simple as an incorrect tag name.

Worse case, someone else with actual knowledge will probably chime in within half a day. (Given it's Friday night, might take longer than usual).

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2017, 03:56
The fix to the character converter was put in the test mode channel. I don't think it was made active with the recent v3.3.1 update.

Industrious1
June 3rd, 2017, 05:02
Ah, okay.

Thanks for the timely responses guys. Much appreciated :)