PDA

View Full Version : Will be looking for 2 players 5e prebuilt on Saturdays

Gunphantom
June 1st, 2017, 18:43
As the title suggest I will be looking for 2 players for one of the prebuilt modules. We haven't decided which one, I will be running that past each of my remaining group members after this next session. We will be finishing up our current campaign then taking a 1 week break so i will be interviewing people for the next 2 weeks about this game. I may run a one shot or two in the meantime to see what you are like in game.

License:I have the ultimate license

EXP: Any manner of D&D experience is welcome but not required at all. Same with experience with fantasy grounds.

Time: I host multiple people over seas for my game so trying to find a time that worked for the people I wanted to play with was difficult. We start at 10AM cst and end at 2pm CST and it is a weekly game.

Absent leniency: As long as you have a excuse as to why you can't show up thats fine. If you miss several sessions in a row you will be replaced.

Classes: entirely up in the air. I have no idea what anyone wants to be at this point. I do not allow stacked classes so if someone is a warlock then there will be no other warlocks unless multiclassed.

This will be a long campaign. to give you an idea if you havent run a prebuilt yet we are finishing mines of phandelver. SUPER short 8-12 4 hour sessions. with how much planning that went on -which did nothing btw- it has taken us 13 sessions. It is a level 1-4 campaign that ends with you hitting lvl 5. The next game will be considerably longer going from either 1-10 or 1-15 depending on which module we pick up. So if you don't think you can last the entire time plz do not apply!

Beyond that if you have any questions please feel free to msg me again I will be interviewing people, and the people I like best I will run a one shot with my other group to see who makes the cut. again sorry for the long interviewing but I get people that....... are far too interesting for my group to say in a kind way. IE palladin of fun that rings a bell everywhere he goes who got 2 other party members killed session 1.... yes that has happened to me.... never again..

The group has decided on running Princes of the Apocalypse. - Called by the Elder Elemental Eye to serve, four corrupt prophets have risen from the depths of anonymity to claim mighty weapons with direct links to the power of the elemental princes. Each of these prophets has assembled a cadre of cultists and creatures to serve them in the construction of four elemental temples of lethal design. It is up to adventurers from heroic factions such as the Emerald Enclave and the Order of the Gauntlet to discover where the true power of each prophet lay, and dismantle it before it comes boiling up to obliterate the Realms.

Kris
June 1st, 2017, 19:34
Hello There!

I´m very interested in joining your game.
Been playing D&D for close to 20, and DMing for about 10 years now.

Timeslot works well for me as its evening here in germany, and i´m looking forward for a longtime campaign.

However, regarding your "absent leniency", i sometimes have to work at weekends (i know the schedule weeks in advance) which will mean i could miss a game every now and then, or at least join you at a later time. As well, i´m on vacation in september.

As a class, i´d like to play a spellcaster, esp. a wizard.

Let me know if you consider my application :-)

bye Kris

Blood n Whiskey
June 1st, 2017, 19:37
This seems like it could be right up my alley. I sent you a PM.

terrorrize
June 1st, 2017, 21:37
Pmd

bmilley
June 1st, 2017, 23:48
Hahaha. paladin with a bell made my morning. let me guess, either a kender, or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IettWxovuGw

pm'd

Gunphantom
June 2nd, 2017, 01:18
Just a heads up to everyone you can reply to the post or pm me either is fine. IF I DO NOT GET BACK TO YOU IMMEDIATELY msg me again after this saturday. I will be interviewing all applicants through skype trhen after that if we are both interested "you and me" I might invite you into the one shot AFTER the one shot my group will have final say on who joins the game. My interviews are for who I am ok with playing in the game, then the one shot is for who the group decides on. BEYOND THAT they are interested in people who can act as to what their character knows / acts. they are fine with OOC talking and banter but super meta gamers will be removed. VOICES ARE NOT NEEDED!!!!! please for the love of god if you can't voice act please do not subjugate us to terrible voices and or accents lol. We are not voice actors, we are not opposed to you voice acting your character but if it is TERRIBLE please please please do not make us point out it is terrible lol. If you want to be a scottish half orc your character can be, you may or may not depending on your own acting capabilities lol.

MoonlitDNC
June 2nd, 2017, 01:20
I really like how serious you sound about all of this, Gun. I had played with a group a while back that did not mesh well together and it ultimately collapsed. My more recent group was stellar but nobody was able to commit the time and that collapsed. It seems insanely impossible to find a DM/party around here that likes to take the time, commit, research, and communicate & roleplay their characters.

Anyways, I have a Ranger & a Cleric set to level 1 that are pretty much ready to go. I'm in the East USA timezone so 11am on a Saturday should work well enough - I only miss sessions during power outages. I do not have a microphone and would really prefer a text game, but I'm fine typing whilst listening to everyone else on Teamspeak/Discord. I am more a fan of RP 60/ Combat 40 games, and the longer/more frequent the sessions can be, the better.

Daemar'din
June 2nd, 2017, 15:31
Hey Gun, I'm really interested and should be available every Saturday. I haven't actually played all that much D&D but love every bit of it and have been trying to find a group on FG for a bit (this would be my first time using it to actually play and not just explore the options). In my short experience, I've tried to avoid meta-gaming as much as I could and I will call you out on it if I notice you doing it. I am pretty open minded though and can adapt to fit in most groups.

I haven't played a spellcaster yet and would like to, or maybe a mix (bladelock, eldritch knight or some muticlassing). I'm not yet sure what I want to play as I have a few concepts in mind and would like to know what material would be allowed as my final choice will depend on that.

PS: I'd personally prefer using discord to Skype for its simplicity and fluidity but I'm ok using Skype.

Ellisandro
June 3rd, 2017, 17:17
Hi there,

Veteran gamer of nearly 30 years (i started young) playing Basic D&D and then 2ed AD&D. FR knowledge and can add to the ambiance of a group. I'm pretty relaxed and more into the RP than the true meta gaming principles.

Happy to interview.

Thanks,

Ellisandro

Gunphantom
June 5th, 2017, 18:36
Ok sorry about the late responses everyone. I should have pmed most if not all of you. if you didn't get a reply feel free to msg me. Again I am looking for 2 people to play in the Princes Of The Apocalypse game.

MoonlitDNC
June 5th, 2017, 23:34
I did not get a reply and especially given that I've been burned by multiple DMs over the last month that have time management & commitment issues, I'm now fairly concerned about applying.

Gunphantom
June 6th, 2017, 23:56
I did not get a reply and especially given that I've been burned by multiple DMs over the last month that have time management & commitment issues, I'm now fairly concerned about applying.

Well As I said in previous post if I do not get back to you about applying please feel free to msg me as I am very busy ending my other campaign and with other life matters. However we will be using voice chat and it will be required so re reading your previous post I don't think this will be a good fit for you. Thank you for your interest, sorry for not sending a direct reply. I sent replies to literally over 20 people that inquired about the game.

MoonlitDNC
June 7th, 2017, 07:05
Okidokie, good to know~ Isn't too bad of an idea to possibly mention that at the top.

Gunphantom
June 9th, 2017, 03:28
taking more applications by the way will be choosing people for the one shot this week

syraen
June 9th, 2017, 05:01
I PMed you with my application. Look forward to hearing from you.

Bresnod
June 11th, 2017, 21:51
Do you have room for 2 players? My roommate and I are looking for a group.