PDA

View Full Version : Proficiency Die

Zephyros
June 1st, 2017, 05:47
I tried to search the forums for a extension or something, but didn't found it.

Someone did this for 5e?
I believe that the proficiency die would make things more interesting compared to the flat bonus and would love to playtest it.

Is there a way to remove the flat bonus from the character sheet? If I put the char with lvl 0 would mess with something else?

Zacchaeus
June 1st, 2017, 11:16
See this forum entry (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30619-proficiency-dice-option) post #6

Zephyros
June 4th, 2017, 00:50
@Zacchaes I saw your reply. But if I use the effect:
ATK:[-PRF];ATK:1d4;CHECK:[-PRF];CHECK:1d4;SAVE:[-PRF];SAVE:1d4

How it would affect saves and checks that I'm not proficient? It would give the bonus too right? Or I would have to add the effect before doing saves and checks?

Zacchaeus
June 4th, 2017, 10:49
Yes, this will work properly only for things with which you have proficiency. If you are using something that you aren't proficient with then you'll need to switch off the effect (the DM can do this on the CT).

Zephyros
June 4th, 2017, 16:24
Yeahh... to much manual work. I was hopping that was a more automatized process.

Also, the [-PRF] didn't work here.

Trenloe
June 4th, 2017, 17:27
Also, the [-PRF] didn't work here.
PRF is a static value that is set when you add the effect from the actions tab of a PC to the combat tracker. It doesn't check to see if you have proficiency in what you're doing. It's a one off, static number, applied based off your current proficiency bonus at the time you apply the effect from your actions tab.

Zephyros
June 4th, 2017, 19:26
PRF is a static value that is set when you add the effect from the actions tab of a PC to the combat tracker. It doesn't check to see if you have proficiency in what you're doing. It's a one off, static number, applied based off your current proficiency bonus at the time you apply the effect from your actions tab.

That must be it. I tested the effect directly into the CT. I didn't created in the player sheet.