PDA

View Full Version : PF Official Race Creation issue

jljmcg
June 1st, 2017, 04:09
OK so have the FG PF official, just trying to add in a Goblin PC Race, having an issue with some adjustment not getting picked up.
I've created the traits as correctly worded as far as I can tell.
Am I missing something here: In this case you can see the Attributes and Movement speed are not being picked up.

Spin-Man
June 1st, 2017, 04:34
On the race's Other tab, create a trait called "Speed" and include the text "You have a base speed of 25 feet." These are what the parser looks for in a custom race.

Spin-Man
June 1st, 2017, 04:53
I can't figure out how to get the Attribute Adjustments to work either. In 5E, you would call the trait "Ability Score Increase" and use the text "Your Dexterity score increases by 4, your Strength score decreases by 2, and your Charisma score decreases by 2." That phrasing doesn't seem to pick up in Pathfinder.

jljmcg
June 1st, 2017, 06:15
Ahh so the Trait names seem to effect the parsing on customer races, Movement trait must be called "Speed" as you suggested, kind hinky considering the 'official' traits just for speed have all sorts of names.

And for Ability Scored it seems to be needed to be named "Ability Score Racial Traits" have it working using the following in image

Spin-Man
June 1st, 2017, 06:58
I'm glad you figured out how to get the ability scores working. I'm going to make a template so I have it for future reference, too. The official race traits must have been programmed specially, just like the official class spell progressions.

These automation tools were built for D&D 5E, which has very strict naming conventions. Since Pathfinder switches things up a lot, they are somewhat less effective in that ruleset. This is especially notable when creating a spellcasting class: In 5E, every class follows a shared chart for spells per day. (Some classes just move down a line every second or third level instead of every level.) This makes it very easy to create a spellcasting class, as you only select how often they improve. In Pathfinder, every caster class has a unique spells per day chart, and there is currently no way to automate new spell slots gained per level in a custom class.