PDA

View Full Version : TORG - Eternity

princeearwig
May 31st, 2017, 23:01
Current Extension is found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38572-TORG-Eternity&p=508953&viewfull=1#post508953
14th May 2020

princeearwig
May 31st, 2017, 23:12
Looks like Trenloe's card table extension might deal (pun intended) with the cards side of things.

Talyn
May 31st, 2017, 23:35
I saw the KS start up and all, but looking at all the Lua scripting necessary to pull this off in FG? I'm gonna NOPE right outta that one.

vodokar
May 31st, 2017, 23:52
I'm already working on a Torg Extension for MoreCore, with some substantial work already finished and more planned on it. Search the forums for my previous posts on this topic. As I, obviously, haven't seen what the new game will bring, I am currently basing it on the old game. I'll update it to have support for the new game as well once it gets released.

Actually, here is one of the links: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37313-Newbie-question-about-creating-my-own-module-and-ruleset&highlight=masterbook and drilling down a little deeper into that thread, i posted this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18296&d=1490238910.

I plan to return to work on the extension after I finish my work on the Champions extension for MoreCore.

princeearwig
June 16th, 2017, 20:59
I suppose that the main difference between Torg Eternity and OTorg is that the drama deck is split into two.
So whatever is done needs to be able to manage "2" different card decks.
One is still the controller for combat, so doesn't need to be player interactable.
The other is the players deck, which is the whole Hand and Pool process.

There are effectively a third set of cards, but these are less random and the players only get one from that deck per scene (I think). they are essentially drama cards with a thematic link to the cosm the storm knights are currently in.
So thinking about it a little further the players get X cards from the main deck and 1 from the cosm specific deck to comprise their hand. So as there are 8 cosms (including Core earth) that is actually 9 separate drama decks :P

ShadeRaven
June 20th, 2017, 14:21
I would love to see this get some momentum. I am an ultimate license holder and run campaign in FG for 5E, AD&D, and SW:EotE, and have run campaigns in 4E and PF here, but some reuniting with my friends who I roleplayed with in the late 80s and early 90s has us looking at playing some non-fantasy based (or fantasy centric) games and someone mentioned Torg which got us hooked again on the possibility.... but we'd need to do it online.

I would (hope this doesn't sound blasphemous) consider running it over in D20 if that's the only option we really had, but would much prefer to continue to use FG as our VTT.

So count me in as someone interested in how this progresses and willing to help if possible.

vodokar
June 20th, 2017, 14:33
I am still committed to finishing both the support for original Torg and Torg Infinity. I will be getting back to the project as soon as I can.

LordEntrails
June 20th, 2017, 15:28
I would (hope this doesn't sound blasphemous) consider running it over in D20 if that's the only option we really had, but would much prefer to continue to use FG as our VTT...
Remember, just because a system does not (yet) have a dedicated ruleset does not mean that you can not play it on FG. CoreRPG can handle (without automation and without special types of die rolls) any/every rule system. MoreCore adds a great deal to CoreRPG, especially special die rolls and can also be used for any system.

ShadeRaven
June 20th, 2017, 23:53
@LordEntrails: True, but it is always a little easier to pull people in when they see the visuals to compliment the game. The efforts to bring SW: Edge of the Empire to FG is an example of how the community can really bring to life a game system that is different than the typical D20 based fantasy.

Nylanfs
June 21st, 2017, 02:40
Are you just talking about a overlay? Here's instructions on how to make one (https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Mask_Decal_Class.pdf), and here's a sample extension (https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/mydecals.ext)

ShadeRaven
June 27th, 2017, 05:47
Would typically like a good character sheet with all the pertinent information as well as the appropriate die rolling mechanics, which Torg has some unusual aspects.

Maybe this sounds odd, but as I bring people into VTT gaming and FG specifically, one of the selling points is the actual bounding dice and the results they show. Players seem to enjoy that process tremendously, and even though they aren't actually rolling dice physically, the visual control of that aspect seems to satisfy them greatly.

princeearwig
June 28th, 2017, 20:50
We were chatting about that very visceral satisfaction of dice rolling over on the Ullises Spiele forums in terms of VTT for Torg:E.
While it would be great if the dice could be automated, I would just as much like to just have the correct "looking" dice for Torg:E and to just manage the multiple rolls of the dice manually. Just like I would at the tabletop.
There is also the need to manage the expenditure of possibilities (which allow you to roll again and add) which I think would make any degree of effective automation pretty damn near impossible.

Also if you weren't aware, the Kickstarter is doing wonderfully and we recently broke the stretch goal to have a new Infiniverse (if you know what that is then you should be excited).

princeearwig
July 1st, 2017, 21:28
Well the Kickstarter finished with a final tally of $355k. Needless to say, a success.

princeearwig
July 1st, 2017, 21:31
So we need to start wondering about maintaining 2 different card decks, a hand of cards for each player and an in combat pool of cards for the same.
Everything else can be managed without much in the way of resource.

vodokar
July 1st, 2017, 22:06
While not being ideal, it can be accomplished using a combination of Trenloe's Table Card Extension, the MoreCore character sheet section that accepts drag and drop images and the hot buttons on the bottom of the FG desktop, which also accept drag and drop images.

Basically, you roll in the table to see which card is drawn. Drag that link from the chat to the character sheet (which serves as your hand), drag to the hotbar and delete from the character sheet (which serves as playing the card from your hand to the card pool in front of you), when you choose to activate the card, simply delete it off of the hotbar and it's been played.

For GM only cards, you can likely do something similar by maybe having a dummy character sheet that could hold the cards or possibly a story panel that you could drag and drop the cards onto or something.

At any rate, while a bit clunky, admittedly, it is very possible to make this work using the existing functionality in FG.

princeearwig
July 2nd, 2017, 10:14
Ok, I see how that should all work.
Can you return the card from the hotbar to the character sheet? As at the end of combat all cards from the pool are returned to the hand.
The GM cards however only govern the initiative and combat organisation. So don't need to be held in a hand but DO need to be visible to all concerned.
Would the story panel fulfil that?

vodokar
July 2nd, 2017, 23:24
You can drag and drop the card image from the hotbar back onto the character sheet and then delete it from the hotbar.

As for being able to share the card images so all can see them, well, they are images, so the GM would be able to share them just like any other image. He can also drag and drop them onto the chat window and it will share the clickable link. Players don't have the capability to share images, of course, but I think that the player can use dragging and dropping onto the chat to share the link (that is what you would want to do when playing the card; drag onto chat and then delete from hotbar).

TiaMaster
July 6th, 2017, 20:47
I've seen the Roll20 implementation, I can't wait to see how multiple decks can be handled in FG.

vodokar
July 6th, 2017, 21:31
Such ability already exists. Just scan in your card images and play around with it. My ideas about how to handle it will work, but perhaps you might find a better way. As I said previously, it is possible, albeit a little clunky. However, if you are waiting for a cleaner implementation, I don't see it coming. I don't have the skill to do it, and I don't see anyone else here that might that has the time and interest to do so.

princeearwig
July 19th, 2017, 13:52
You can drag and drop the card image from the hotbar back onto the character sheet and then delete it from the hotbar.
Which area of the MoreCore character sheet allows the image to be docked? or is there an additional extension to enable that?

I have been able to drag from chat into one of the 6 areas on the front page but cannot then click the link in order to open the card image in order to view the detail.

princeearwig
July 25th, 2017, 21:34
While I am tinkering with trying to get various extensions to work with rulesets they weren't intended to work with I made a start on customising the skin.

Talen
July 25th, 2017, 22:52
love the look.

vodokar
July 26th, 2017, 02:30
Looks Great. Once I have some spare time, I will be back to work on the Torg Extension that I already had in progress. We can wrap your graphic look into the project. I'm good at functionality stuff, but not so much on the decore stuff. Be careful not to use anything that could infringe on IP rights.

Wargamer777
September 14th, 2017, 22:54
Any updates on an extension in the works? Would love to start running the Day One adventures.

vodokar
September 15th, 2017, 15:09
I am currently working on renovations to my home while the weather is still good. Then in October, I am going to Cancun for the vacation that I had to postpone when my mother died. I believe I will be able to get back to my programming projects by November or December. Winter is a great time to get some programming done because there are less life distractions.

My primary focus will be on getting Torg extension finished. After that, I will do a feature pass on my AD&D 1e ruleset.

princeearwig, if you would like to colaborate on the extension with your visuals, that would be great.

Btw, love your sig, Wargamer777. That's the way I feel also, at least when playing old school AD&D.

princeearwig
September 19th, 2017, 20:25
More than happy to assist on the visuals.
I am still trying REALLY hard to find a way to do the cards better. While the basic card table extension works, there is WAY more card activity than I was expecting :D
Plus the hand, pool and then a cosm card on top. We're using three of the sections on the more core front sheet for these but an actual designed way of handling and effectively dragging the cards is my goal.
It's that or sorting out the sheet so that when you drag the card onto it, you actually get something that you can look at an image on rather than a dialogue item.

Links to the latest game session recording below
https://youtu.be/5bDwbyJi-mI

ShadeRaven
October 11th, 2017, 15:30
Wow, prince, that looks fantastic!

Any chance you are ready to share your set-up for Torg:E? I'd love to host some games of it in the near future and that simply looks beautiful.

princeearwig
October 11th, 2017, 20:19
Wow, prince, that looks fantastic!

Any chance you are ready to share your set-up for Torg:E? I'd love to host some games of it in the near future and that simply looks beautiful.

I am getting there.. although the actual running of the game is taking precedence now :D So a lot less tweaking than I was hoping for :P

ShadeRaven
October 11th, 2017, 22:25
I am sure! Always more fun to play!

Jarvin
April 3rd, 2018, 14:25
Any news on this extension? It looks like we're not going to get any "official" support for Torg Eternity judging from this post by Deanna Gilbert(who is one of the TE designers) on the official forums.

"I'm only working on Roll20.

We approached the Fantasy Grounds folks for official support, and they said they'd send out feelers to their development cadre but haven't heard back, so I assume nobody volunteered."

Talen
April 3rd, 2018, 14:53
To the extent the forums are used as any gauge of interest level in allocating programming resources - I would love an official release as well!

This can already be done in FG with morecore as princearwig's game videos and YouTube establish....but official release support is such a time save!

damned
April 3rd, 2018, 15:15
To the extent the forums are used as any gauge of interest level in allocating programming resources - I would love an official release as well!

This can be done in FG with morecore as princearwig's game videos and YouTube establish....but official release support is such a time save!

Odds on it happening?
Slim.
The % of Torg games vs 5e games?

5e, Pathfinder, 3.5e, 4e and 1e/2e make up anywhere fro 65-75% of the entire market and number of games being played - online or offline.
The next 10 most popular games take up 15-20% of the remaining market.
The other 8,000+ games are fighting it out for the last 5-10% of the dollars and mindshare....

Talen
April 3rd, 2018, 15:23
Damn math and statistics. *grumble....grumble....*
Of course you're right, but one can hope. I had held out hope the mechanics were similar enough with savage world's (exploding die, deck use, Bennie equivalents) that it was a possibility....knowing there was a hell of alot more behind the scenes than that....

Talyn
April 3rd, 2018, 15:34
We approached the Fantasy Grounds folks for official support, and they said they'd send out feelers to their development cadre but haven't heard back, so I assume nobody volunteered."

This is what I tell new people who desperately want such-and-such ruleset in Discord all the time. There may be 40-60-ish (depending on what time of day and the moon cycle) of us freelance DLC Developers but the number of us who are knowledgeable enough at the ruleset-level is much smaller, and the number of those actually willing to put in hundreds of man-hours to build a ruleset for very little ROI is microscopic. There's a whole list of game systems whose publishers have licensed, but no developer to actually build those rulesets.

damned
April 3rd, 2018, 15:38
This is what I tell new people who desperately want such-and-such ruleset in Discord all the time. There may be 40-60-ish (depending on what time of day and the moon cycle) of us freelance DLC Developers but the number of us who are knowledgeable enough at the ruleset-level is much smaller, and the number of those actually willing to put in hundreds of man-hours to build a ruleset for very little ROI is microscopic. There's a whole list of game systems whose publishers have licensed, but no developer to actually build those rulesets.

Wanna build a ruleset?
Build a ruleset for a game system that you love and that you play.
Dont build ruleset XYZ because someone someone else wants it.
Dont build a ruleset thinking it will make you rich.
Stick to stuff you love :)

damned
April 3rd, 2018, 15:47
Think about it this way...
While MoreCore does not do everything... it does do a lot.
If you want to play a game system and MoreCore doesnt have a dice system for it...

Write it and add it to MoreCore for everyone else to use.
Dont say - "I cant".
You know how the roll should work already so you are the best person to try it...

There are over 60 script examples so its very likely that most of what you do will be modifying a copy of an existing script.

The details of what files need changing is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42798-Example-of-coding-new-type-of-roll&p=380255&viewfull=1#post380255

damned
April 5th, 2018, 15:50
Please have a peek at this post and provide any further info on the roll mechanic...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=383816&viewfull=1#post383816

rstrahan
April 7th, 2018, 06:24
While I am tinkering with trying to get various extensions to work with rulesets they weren't intended to work with I made a start on customising the skin.

Any chance of getting that theme as an extension?

Guoccamole
April 14th, 2018, 18:10
Ditto on theme! So good... gets us halfway to full Torg ruleset in FG(C|U)!-) (Yes, that’s a cruel joke, but great background!)

Guoccamole
April 14th, 2018, 18:15
Any news on this extension? It looks like we're not going to get any "official" support for Torg Eternity judging from this post by Deanna Gilbert(who is one of the TE designers) on the official forums.

"I'm only working on Roll20.

I think Torg fans in FG(C|U) are still in the same boat as before, but Deanna was a little more optimistic today (2018-04-14) on Torg Living Land Kickstarter Livestream. Apparently, SmiteWorks has now made contact (so that puts Torg on SW radar, at least). So communications is up. The practical part (coding) seems the same, however, as that requires community support to come about. But a little more conversation is a good thing.

rstrahan
April 14th, 2018, 22:54
I've got all the dice roll scripted already, and they're going to be added to the next version of the MoreCore ruleset (thank you Damned!). There are three slash commands:

/torg: roll a d20, exploding on 10s and 20s. Look up the die total on the bonus chart and return the result. The command can be given an optional trait value ('/torg 10'), which is added to the bonus number to get an action total. By adding an optional 'reroll string' to the trait value, the roll becomes the bonus roll for and 'Up' or Possibility reroll. For example, '/torg 10u5' tells the system to roll a Torg die and add the result to 5 (the original die total) before looking it up on the chart. The resulting bonus is then added to 10. If the 'u' is replaced with 'p', then any die roll of less than 10 adds 10 to the die total (but doesn't explode). The chat message reports a Glory result if the die total is 60+, 'critical failure' on a '1', and 'possible mishap' if the initial die roll is 4 or less. Mishaps and critical failures can't occur on an Up or Possibility reroll.

/torgu: works the same as /torg, but rolls only explode on 10s.

/torgBD: Rolls a d6, adding 5 to the total and exploding when a 6 is rolled. The number of dice to be rolled is optional, defaulting to 1.

I want to put together a nice character sheet to make life easier for my players, and I have some ideas for card play. Those are more work-arounds than a real solution, though.

rstrahan
April 14th, 2018, 23:08
I suspect that the Drama Deck could be based on the code for initiative cards in the Savage Worlds ruleset, and the Destiny and Cosm decks based on the Adventure Cards extension. I'm not sure how licensing and permissions would work to make something for personal use vs. something for sharing with the community vs. something for sale. I imagine it's all more than a little complicated...even if most of base code for those elements could be used as-is or with little tweaking.

princeearwig
April 21st, 2018, 16:07
Great news on the dice scripting. I look forward to trialling that when our campaign resumes.

I already have a deck set up using the morecore card table extension.
I looked at the savage worlds stuff but hacking it was WAY above my coding pay grade!!!
Through play in this environment I can say that the main issues that remain on "that" front are on the deck shuffling aspect.
It's tough to easily keep track of what cards are still in play when it comes time to shuffle the deck.
Also the MoreCore character sheet has no facility to record the cards in such a way that the link on the character sheet shows the image of the card.
We use one of the front page elements of the morecore sheet to be the hand and another to be the pool and a third to hold the cosm card.
Players simply move the items between these areas to represent the cards current location.
My players have gotten used to it and also refer to the image in the images folder for reference, but that is going to be an issue for new players.

As far as licensing is concerned, you'd need to get in touch with Deanna at USNA. Her tag on the Torg Eternity forums is TorgHacker

princeearwig
April 21st, 2018, 23:13
I would love to get my stuff coded as a theme.. it'd make it a lot easier to use :D My current implementation is a custom hack of the image files directly within the MoreCore.pak file.
I might take a stab at reading the guides again and seeing if I can get it done.

damned
April 22nd, 2018, 02:36
Great news on the dice scripting. I look forward to trialling that when our campaign resumes.

I looked at the savage worlds stuff but hacking it was WAY above my coding pay grade!!!
Through play in this environment I can say that the main issues that remain on "that" front are on the deck shuffling aspect.
It's tough to easily keep track of what cards are still in play when it comes time to shuffle the deck.
Also the MoreCore character sheet has no facility to record the cards in such a way that the link on the character sheet shows the image of the card.
We use one of the front page elements of the morecore sheet to be the hand and another to be the pool and a third to hold the cosm card.
Players simply move the items between these areas to represent the cards current location.
My players have gotten used to it and also refer to the image in the images folder for reference, but that is going to be an issue for new players.

As far as licensing is concerned, you'd need to get in touch with Deanna at USNA. Her tag on the Torg Eternity forums is TorgHacker

Im not really sure what this means - can you elaborate - even mock up a screenshot?

princeearwig
April 22nd, 2018, 09:35
Im not really sure what this means - can you elaborate - even mock up a screenshot?

I did this on the MoreCore thread, and thanks for your immediate attention to it over there :D

rstrahan
April 27th, 2018, 20:04

I've been busy with real life lately, but I did get started on a Torg Eternity extension to use with MoreCore, but it's really bare bones and just enough for me to experiment with currently.

It has a very quick and dirty theme from the Infiniverse resources that I'm not really happy with. I've got the references and images files done, but the background image is pretty bad, and while I like the look of the sidebar buttons, the text labels need to be reworked. I haven't done anything with any of the rest of the theme, and I need to get the Torg Eternity logo set up to work properly.

I have the three Torg dice commands in the script folder, but since they are now part of Morecore the references are commented out (but they are there if you want to create a custom version). The only really finished bits are the two slash commands I added: '/torgbonus' checks a number against the bonus chart (useful for those that want to manually roll dice instead of using the /torg rolls) and '/torgdmg' takes a damage total and toughness and returns the amount of wounds and shock the target would receive.

If you want a copy of my 'in work' version, I'd be happy to share it. At the very least it'd give you those scripts and the skeleton for the theme. You'd just have to plug in your graphics to the appropriate folder and off you go.

princeearwig
April 27th, 2018, 20:54
Well, I have managed to at least get my visuals sorted into a theme now :D
Currently trying to work out the panel details that Damned spoke about. Really want to get those extra panels on the character sheet able to store image details for the cards.

Scripts would be a nice addition.

Talen
April 27th, 2018, 21:25
Great news! Can't wait to see it....will u still be streaming?

princeearwig
April 27th, 2018, 22:03
Almost definitely :D
The Thursday Night Gaming group is playing D&D at the minute but I am working on the TORG campaign.

rstrahan
April 27th, 2018, 22:34
Well, I have managed to at least get my visuals sorted into a theme now :D
Currently trying to work out the panel details that Damned spoke about. Really want to get those extra panels on the character sheet able to store image details for the cards.

Scripts would be a nice addition.

I took at look at that this morning and made a few tweaks to the MoreCore character sheet. I changed a few labels and the type of one of the frames to make it more Torg-friendly. 'Focuses' is now 'Combat' so that combat/interaction skills have their own space, 'Moves' is now 'Unskilled' as I've found that having a '/torgu' roll for each attribute is all that you need to handle unskilled tests, 'Feats' is now 'Perks', and 'Images' is now 'Card Hand'. I changed the label for 'Abilities' to 'Card Pool' and made it an image list as well. That should work as a basic Torg Eternity reference.

The way I set up the character sheet during my testing was to list Strength, Dexterity, etc. in both the 'Attributes' and 'Unskilled' frames, and to use the dice string '/torg #' (where # is the value of the specific attribute) for the Attribute frame, and '/torgu #' for the Unskilled frame. For Skills, I included the skill value in the label (for example 'Melee Weapons (2)') and used /mod for the dice string (for this example '/mod 2'). That allows me to click the skill to add the skill to the modifer box, then click the die roll on the attribute list to make my test.

This version includes the torg dice commands in the extension itself, but they can be disabled if you are using a version of MoreCore that already has them. Just remove or comment out the appropriate lines in extension.xml and /graphics/graphics_icons.xml. You'll also notice that the only 3D dice on the table are the d20 and d6. You can still get results for other dice using the /dice command in the chat window. This returns the appropriate random number, without the graphic dice.

The attached file has the scripts I mentioned, my sketchy Torg:E theme, and the changes to the character sheet. This is my first try at an extension, so you may find some issues.

UPDATED: 4/27/2018 19:16 EST (updated the extension to add Torg Eternity logos to charsheet and options menu, updated some sidebar buttons, added screenshot)

damned
April 28th, 2018, 01:42
rstrahan do an export of charsheet with the rolls setup so people can see it as an example.
princeearwig post what ou have and what you are trying to achieve and Ill give you a hand.

rstrahan
April 28th, 2018, 02:37
rstrahan do an export of charsheet with the rolls setup so people can see it as an example.
princeearwig post what ou have and what you are trying to achieve and Ill give you a hand.

Good idea. The character sheet I've been using for testing and experimenting is attached.

rstrahan
April 28th, 2018, 02:55
Is there a way to move the modifiers from a campaign into an extension? I've entered all the standard ones for Torg and would like to add it into the extension I'm working on.

damned
April 28th, 2018, 07:40
There is but a much easier way is to export them with your Rolls.

princeearwig
April 28th, 2018, 07:48
@Damned, you are too kind sir!

So far I have only really been able to get my theme successfully separated out as its own file. The appearance is in the below desktop image
I'll take a look at @rstrahan 's files for the simple stuff, like renaming the components on my character sheet the way I want them.
What I could really use help on is the switching the type of lists on the bottom three panels of the character sheet. We're using the card table extension for the Torg destiny deck cards and while we can use those panels currently to record the cards each player has, we can't click them to show the image.
So, ideally, I'd like to have each of those bottom three panels as piclist's.

damned
April 28th, 2018, 08:00
@Damned, you are too kind sir!

So far I have only really been able to get my theme successfully separated out as its own file. The appearance is in the below desktop image
I'll take a look at @rstrahan 's files for the simple stuff, like renaming the components on my character sheet the way I want them.
What I could really use help on is the switching the type of lists on the bottom three panels of the character sheet. We're using the card table extension for the Torg destiny deck cards and while we can use those panels currently to record the cards each player has, we can't click them to show the image.
So, ideally, I'd like to have each of those bottom three panels as piclist's.

Do you really need 3 panels for images?
You wouldnt find linking of Story and Notes useful?

princeearwig
April 28th, 2018, 08:09
Do you really need 3 panels for images?
You wouldn't find linking of Story and Notes useful?

That would be useful. However useful is trumped by required for game play :D
I suppose it could be reduced down to two panels for this purpose.
TORG has a card play mechanic pretty much embedded within its core.
Each player has a hand of cards that they can play to impact their actions/rolls/story etc. Outside of combat these cards are played as and when the player wants.
This is called the players "hand"
When combat starts the player needs to start building a pool from these cards. They cannot use a card in combat if it isn't already in their pool. They get to add cards once at the end of their turn.
This is called the players "pool"

Hence the need for at least two distinct picture list panels.

The third would be for something called a Cosm card. These let the player directly affect the storyline, but as there are never too many of them I suppose that keeping them in the Hand would be acceptable.

rstrahan
April 28th, 2018, 10:22
Well, I got a bit caught up in the code last night and made some changes to the Torg Extension I've been working on.

This version has updated icons that look MUCH better, as well as the character sheet frame changes (altered labels and adding a second image frame as the 'flip' of 'skills').

My next blitz at it will likely be dealing with card play. I'm thinking of just using the image frame on the character sheet for the hand (destiny and cosm cards), and having an area of the table for each players pool. I'm going to play around with it and try some ideas I've seen on the forums to figure out what works best for our group.

damned
April 28th, 2018, 15:50
Try this... just a few small tweaks.
Princeearwig I think you are probably better at working from rstrahans extension as its further along.

princeearwig
April 28th, 2018, 18:48
Princeearwig I think you are probably better at working from rstrahans extension as its further along.

I think you may be correct :D
I do like the righ thand two panels being used as pool and hand, which is what made me start thinking that two panels would be fine.

rstrahan
April 29th, 2018, 20:11

Nice! I was wondering about changing some of the window elements, but it wound up pretty far down the to do list. I've archived my other version and working from your new files now.

I've made a few changes to the character sheet and some of the strings, mostly label changes, but I also added a 'column 6' to the character sheet and to the options menu (using the same visibility/color options as the 4 and 5 columns). The combat frame now has the 3 defense skills (Melee Weapons, Unarmed Combat, and Dodge) and the 3 health related items (Shock, Wounds, and Toughness). I tweaked the frame size to make everything fit, but I'm not really happy with the final look as the frame effectively shares a border with the Skill frame now. I could probably remove the Order element and make it all fit okay, it really depends on where I go with the combat tracker.

Regarding the Combat Tracker...I made an effort to do what I thought would be some minor tweaks (changing labels and adding a column), and blew it all to hell. I started getting all sorts of errors about anchoring elements and decided to take a break and come back to it later. If Damned is willing, maybe I could get some advice on how to go about adding a new optional column to the combat tracker?

Going forward, I would like to take a look at initiative in the Combat Tracker, card decks and hands, and a more involved character sheet, but I need to really dig into the code and do more research before I mess with anything. I'm still very much learning how to hack FG, so most of my changes are pretty shallow...I get the gist of the elements I'm tweaking, but have no real insight into the thing as a whole. I likely need to back up a few steps and find some resources for 'how FG works and how to modify it' rather than the 'jump in and see what I can figure out' that I've been doing. As the most holy of IT mantras teaches: "RTFM" :D

I have an easier time with the scripting than I do unwinding the graphical elements...probably the headspace from programming as my day job.

princeearwig
April 29th, 2018, 23:17
Considering TORG's initiative mechanic, do we really need an ordered combat tracker?
It's either all the heroes then all the bad guys or the other way around.

damned
April 29th, 2018, 23:41
Nice! I was wondering about changing some of the window elements, but it wound up pretty far down the to do list. I've archived my other version and working from your new files now.

I've made a few changes to the character sheet and some of the strings, mostly label changes, but I also added a 'column 6' to the character sheet and to the options menu (using the same visibility/color options as the 4 and 5 columns). The combat frame now has the 3 defense skills (Melee Weapons, Unarmed Combat, and Dodge) and the 3 health related items (Shock, Wounds, and Toughness). I tweaked the frame size to make everything fit, but I'm not really happy with the final look as the frame effectively shares a border with the Skill frame now. I could probably remove the Order element and make it all fit okay, it really depends on where I go with the combat tracker.

Regarding the Combat Tracker...I made an effort to do what I thought would be some minor tweaks (changing labels and adding a column), and blew it all to hell. I started getting all sorts of errors about anchoring elements and decided to take a break and come back to it later. If Damned is willing, maybe I could get some advice on how to go about adding a new optional column to the combat tracker?

Going forward, I would like to take a look at initiative in the Combat Tracker, card decks and hands, and a more involved character sheet, but I need to really dig into the code and do more research before I mess with anything. I'm still very much learning how to hack FG, so most of my changes are pretty shallow...I get the gist of the elements I'm tweaking, but have no real insight into the thing as a whole. I likely need to back up a few steps and find some resources for 'how FG works and how to modify it' rather than the 'jump in and see what I can figure out' that I've been doing. As the most holy of IT mantras teaches: "RTFM" :D

I have an easier time with the scripting than I do unwinding the graphical elements...probably the headspace from programming as my day job.

There are a HUGE number of things to get right in the CT.
Everything is anchored to the thing next to it.
Many items are optional and you need to define options in the ruleset/extension too.
Keep following the errors and addressing them one at a time...

rstrahan
April 30th, 2018, 00:39
Considering TORG's initiative mechanic, do we really need an ordered combat tracker?
It's either all the heroes then all the bad guys or the other way around.

That's what I was thinking, but I've not used the program enough to know how everyone uses the CT. All you really need is an image of the drama card in play to see who has initiative, and I doubt it needs to be tracked much closer than that. The Tracker does make for a nice quick-reference for combat target numbers and tracking damage, and I was toying with the idea of using it for Destiny Pools if I can add an 'image frame' something like you can do now for effects, targets, etc.

rstrahan
May 1st, 2018, 01:27
Spent some time figuring out why the background image didn't look right, then reworked the graphics and the masking to make the image resizing more seamless. I also removed the Order input from the character sheet (it's not really needed for Torg), and started doing some additional work on the window styles. Still all a work in progress, but I'd like to get opinions on where it's going so far...especially the look/style for the characters and library windows.

If I continue down this path, I'll work on the window labels and update the other windows (for images, story, NPCs, etc.) to match.

Talen
May 1st, 2018, 02:12
I'm loving the look and to the extent you've asked for feedback, my only comment would be to ask if the font on the library descriptions can either be shrunk or extended to fit on one line (encounters and organizations run long which Im sure you already knew). The color scheme and fonts look to match pretty darn close to the books. Same isn't true of the font and font color in the chat window or the colors on the character page, but assuming that's still a mock up? Regardless, the progress is clear.

rstrahan
May 3rd, 2018, 20:55
I'm loving the look and to the extent you've asked for feedback, my only comment would be to ask if the font on the library descriptions can either be shrunk or extended to fit on one line (encounters and organizations run long which Im sure you already knew). The color scheme and fonts look to match pretty darn close to the books. Same isn't true of the font and font color in the chat window or the colors on the character page, but assuming that's still a mock up? Regardless, the progress is clear.

I don't think there's much that can be done about that part of the Library display, as it's a function of how the window is laid out. Since it's something only the GM will see, and usually only when customizing the desktop or setting a campaign up, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I don't think I'm going to really do much with fonts as the default ones look pretty good, and I kind of like having the chat text look a bit different. One thing I do need to change (and have been having a bear of a time trying to locate where and how to do it), is the color of the font for some of the window labels.

I altered the windows so they all have the blue storm background, and the inner frames to have a texture and color that matches well with the rest of the theme, but leaves the text readable. The problem is some of the labels that rest on the blue background...the font is black and just disappears into it. This can be best seen on the party sheet, but it carries on through the other windows as well. Once I can track down that specific font entry (if anyone has advice or can point me to it, please let me know!), I'm thinking of tweaking the window borders a bit so the brown/bronze frame is a bit thinner.

Once I can solve that font issue and modify the border frames, I think I'm going to be mostly done with theme/style elements (unless I discover something cool I want to add or change). There are still a couple of tweaks I want to make to the combat tracker (remove the Order field and replace it with the 'column 6' I added to the sheet), but I think I'm ready to move on to a couple of bigger challenges: a more customized and automated character sheet, and start to really take a look at card decks.

Screenshot of current testing version attached.

Torstein
May 9th, 2018, 18:01
I'm testing your extension, but I can't seem to get the rolls working. I keep getting an "attempt to index global 'Json' (a nil value)" script error in the console (e.g. "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_custom_torg.lua"]:112: attempt to index global 'Json' (a nil value)").
Is there anything specific I should do?

rstrahan
May 9th, 2018, 19:17
I'm testing your extension, but I can't seem to get the rolls working. I keep getting an "attempt to index global 'Json' (a nil value)" script error in the console (e.g. "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_custom_torg.lua"]:112: attempt to index global 'Json' (a nil value)").
Is there anything specific I should do?

That may be something I've already fixed, as there were a few similar errors I ran into related to how parameters were passed in from different areas.

How were you using the command when you got the error? I'll try to duplicate it in my development version and what I can do to fix it. I'm almost ready to post the latest work (mostly some stuff with custom dice and a few tweaks to the theme), so I want to make sure that I've squashed any bugs first.

Torstein
May 9th, 2018, 20:37
How were you using the command when you got the error?.
I just entered a "/torg" or "/torgu" command in the chat. But I've managed to solve the issue by downloading the latest version of MoreCore and removing the references to the dice scripts in the xml files.

I may be asking a bit too much here, but do you think you could add the option to pass in a DN to the function to make the rolls even faster?

Thank you and keep up the great work, it's been very helpful so far!

Medriza
May 14th, 2018, 05:14
I'm curious if anyone has gotten Trenloe's basic card table extension working with this in a way that simulates the hand/pool mechanic without being terribly time consuming? I'm looking at using these two extensions together, but so far I'm a bit stuck on a good method of handling the process.

Given that the posts over in the card extension are a bit older, I'm hoping someone has come up with a good method and wants to mention it here for the slower members of the class...? :)

Thanks!

princeearwig
August 13th, 2018, 20:02
We use two different sections on the front page of the more core sheet to handle hand and pool.
My group don't seem to find it too time consuming. Course, when it comes to shuffling the deck again :D

princeearwig
August 13th, 2018, 20:05
I'm almost ready to post the latest work (mostly some stuff with custom dice and a few tweaks to the theme), so I want to make sure that I've squashed any bugs first.

How you getting on? I'm a couple of weeks away from kicking off our campaign again and would love to springboard with a "semi" coherent ruleset.

Talen
August 14th, 2018, 00:12
I’d love to see the final result too...hoping to get a chance to give torg a spin soon.

Wargamer777
August 30th, 2018, 14:54
Excellent work! Hoping to see an update soon. Going to download this extension and give it a spin with my players.

damned
August 31st, 2018, 00:21
I just entered a "/torg" or "/torgu" command in the chat. But I've managed to solve the issue by downloading the latest version of MoreCore and removing the references to the dice scripts in the xml files.

I may be asking a bit too much here, but do you think you could add the option to pass in a DN to the function to make the rolls even faster?

Thank you and keep up the great work, it's been very helpful so far!

Please note that Rolls are not intended to be used from the Chat Window. Use them from the Character Sheet.

alfarobl
April 15th, 2019, 18:11
I have tried the Morecore ruleset and I like it a lot. Had some issues in the past but I see this ruleset works great now. Do you know if there is any new .ext file to play TORG Eternity? I have tried the ones on Page 6 and they seem to generate error on main charsheet on load. I am unable to fix it. Please, help!

damned
April 15th, 2019, 23:30
I have tried the Morecore ruleset and I like it a lot. Had some issues in the past but I see this ruleset works great now. Do you know if there is any new .ext file to play TORG Eternity? I have tried the ones on Page 6 and they seem to generate error on main charsheet on load. I am unable to fix it. Please, help!

FG Con has just finished and I have a couple of other things to wrap up.
I intend to push a new build of MoreCore, update Esoterrorists and Trail of Cthulhu and then look at some of these older extensions that did get broken by updates.
It will probably be a month...

alfarobl
April 17th, 2019, 16:17
FG Con has just finished and I have a couple of other things to wrap up.
I intend to push a new build of MoreCore, update Esoterrorists and Trail of Cthulhu and then look at some of these older extensions that did get broken by updates.
It will probably be a month...

Thank you! Will wait for it. But in the mean time to what version should I downgrade Morecore ruleset so old extension works? Can I download from somewhere that older version? Thanks again.

alfarobl
April 19th, 2019, 19:24
Ok. I was able to modify and fix the error so at least now you can play TORG with newer Morecore Rulesets. I did some reverse engineering from the Trail of Cthulhu extension as this one was updated by Damned. Hope I didn't miss anything but seems to work Ok with the test character posted on page 6. Now I need to work on those cards. I guess with the table extension. If anyone did something for the TORG decks I would appreciate some advice on it. Thank you. All the original work is from Damned I just removed the script errors with new ruleset updates (charsheet new tab).

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27114

damned
April 20th, 2019, 00:38
Ahhhh - confusion abounds - on my side at least!
vodokar was really enhancing this for Torg but he has dropped out of this space for RL reasons.
He had added some much more mechanical features and I was thinking this was that.
Mostly my version is/was a graphical extension.
Well done alfarobl for updating it!

alfarobl
April 20th, 2019, 01:24
Ahhhh - confusion abounds - on my side at least!
vodokar was really enhancing this for Torg but he has dropped out of this space for RL reasons.
He had added some much more mechanical features and I was thinking this was that.
Mostly my version is/was a graphical extension.
Well done alfarobl for updating it!

Damned, yes it was difficult to follow, as there were three different versions of the extension from different people. I used yours as it was nicer on the gfx side and seemed to had all basic stuff. I see from your Trail of Cthulhu that you could really improve on the mechanical side every detail but for now it should work. Now only the TORG decks are missing I have started with the simplest Cosm Deck (only 10 cards per cosm) and Drama Deck will be next (Initiative). The most difficult one will be Destiny Deck (60 cards) problem with this one is when you need to reshuffle deck you need to check which cards are already used on player hands. But it should work fine with that little detail that needs some manual work.
Really like what you did on Morecore thank you for your work on it! This would not work otherwise.

I use the basic card extension to handle deck of cards.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27120

damned
April 20th, 2019, 01:42
It would be great if you did the video tutorial series and added some automation/features :)
If you go that route Im happy to assist - I just dont have time to do it myself.
And then put together some shareable stuff.

alfarobl
April 20th, 2019, 17:02
It would be great if you did the video tutorial series and added some automation/features :)
If you go that route Im happy to assist - I just dont have time to do it myself.

Will do... I am currently working on simple solutions to organize a oneshot but after that test I will be able to decide what is needed and missing from it. Also moving to FGU could affect how card decks are handled so don't want to spend much time until I am able to see the beta working. Hope they allow simpler ways to generate decks like Roll20 and others... maybe even integrate that simple deck extension inside Morecore could help so you can add some Play Hands on the charsheet with some logic behind.
Thank you for your offer. Just need to learn more Morecore on the master side to see what I need to add. But Youtube tutorial is a good idea!

alfarobl
April 22nd, 2019, 22:21
Looks like I have everything ready for the Living Land quickstart and test. Next step will be pregens and verify functionality. Will let you know if it works but card decks seem decent now.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27139

damned
April 23rd, 2019, 07:52
HUzzah!

alfarobl
April 28th, 2019, 22:41
I have updated the .ext adding some more decals and modified how the /torg and /torgu rolls show their Action Total. Before the fixed skill was shown all the time on the dicebox and was really confusing. You had to see the small chat text to see the totals.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27209

presence
April 29th, 2019, 21:32
Looks great! Is there a way to modify ui elements easily to translate it to english?

alfarobl
April 29th, 2019, 22:00
Looks great! Is there a way to modify ui elements easily to translate it to english?

Sorry forgot about those icons. It should be fixed now in english.

presence
April 30th, 2019, 00:05
Poifect!

alfarobl
July 19th, 2019, 23:51
I just found a big bug on the Bonus Table that the TORG roller uses to generate those bonus on dice 4 it is using -4 instead of -6 as expected. Also when you get a 1 it should say FAIL instead of -10 even when it shows critical fail at the end. I have fixed those issues with /torg /torgu and /torgbonus.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27978

I include some tools that can help with TORG and I don't see those listed on MoreCore:

Usage: /torgbonus (or /torgbc) [dice total] [optional description]. '/torgbonus ?' for details.
GM: Die Total 4 Bonus -6
GM: Die Total 1 FAIL

Usage: /torgdmg [damage] [toughness]. '/torgdmg ?' for details.
GM: Damage 34 vs Toughness 12 Shock: 8 Wounds: 4
GM: Damage 16 vs Toughness 9 Shock: 2 Wounds: 1

alfarobl
July 20th, 2019, 00:01

I have at last tested the current extension for Morecore with a TORG gameplay. I have added some fixes to the rolls. But found some issues with current "u" and "p" options are not very usefull if you spend a Posibility "p" option it will be useful if intead of manually having to add attribute + skill and input last dice roll, it could be input from the latest chat roll to automate spending a Hero Point /Bennie/ or Posibility in TORG.
Could that be easyly implemented? My knowledge with LUA is very limited at this point.
Also Up "u" option is not useful as it should probably be its own /torgup roll where you roll 2d20s and just add both. Could /torg be changed to directly roll 2 dice and add both dice to generate the bonus?

Thank you.

alfarobl
July 20th, 2019, 00:04
Good news coming from Ulisses! There is Official Support for Fantasy Grounds coming over the next months.

damned
July 20th, 2019, 01:40
Hi pepor if you can have someone verify the changes I will roll them up.
Most of what you said went straight over my head as Im not familiar with the game at all.
You will have to provide more detail...

alfarobl
July 20th, 2019, 10:21
Most of what you said went straight over my head as Im not familiar with the game at all.

Hi damned mi alias is alfarobl, pepor is one of my players that recorded the session on his channel.

Hope we got confirmation from others but in any case the Errata.jpg picture shows clearly how there is a missmatch with the Bonus Table and the LUA code on those three files.

The only needed improvements to this wonderful Morecore implementation of TORG are the following. English is not my native language so if something is not clear don't hesitate to ask.

Possibility rolls: Those are Hero Points in TORG (you can find those in other systems like Savage Worlds Bennies) they allow you to reroll the last /torg or /torgu rolled on the chat. If you issue /torgpossibility with no parameters it just rerolls last roll on chat using same parameters like attribute + mods and takes dice from last roll to add on if it is lower that 10 it is 10 + last roll and you check bonus table. It is already implemented with /torg or /torgu with 'p' parameter but inputs should be last roll on chat instead, just LUA code should read those and roll but adding the p option. It should be straight forward if you can read last roll values and call with /torgpossibility will help make it work.

I have attached this example for you of a Possiblity roll: James does a /torg 8+1 roll (8 is DEX +1 for Melee that is a 9 + Bonus +1 on first try gives 10 that is not enough to Hit a Defense of 12 Creature for example. So he decides to Spend a Possibility Token (Hero Point) to do so he needs to grab last d20 roll 'Die Total' and use /torg 9p13 command that is too complex it would be a better implementation of Hero Points if he could just issue "/torgpossibility" and this command will issue the command for him effective /torg 9p13 (on the capture you can see it has exploded 20s two times and went up to 60 that is 13 for original roll + 47 on new that gets a +15 Bonus plus 9 DEX+Melee and gives a 24 Total that this time Hits a Defense of 12).

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27985

If you could take a look at pages 5 and 6 it is explained on this free PDF very easily:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/215400/Torg-Eternity--Free-RPG-Day-Special

Teotimus
July 22nd, 2019, 07:38
I confirm the bug stated by alfarobl: in TORG, when you roll a 4 on the d20 you should get a -6, instead of a -4.

Thank you both for your efforts!

Pepor
July 22nd, 2019, 13:44

Hi damned!
I have verified those changes and alfarobl is right. He has just given a detailed explanation.

Thanks in advance!

alfarobl
July 27th, 2019, 02:02
I was able to improve this TORG Eternity .ext further.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28124

Changelist:

Added 2 new rolls to directly allow Up Rolls: /torgup /torguup (for unskilled)
Added option to add two numbers as input on /torg rolls (example: parameter /torg 10+2). Allows Attribute+Skill function to work.
Fixed Bonus Table on 4 returns -4 instead of -6. And FAIL on 1s (latest rulebook errata)
Modifyed CT window to allow all 5 stats to be shown correctly for TORG (remove Roll Init buttons)
Fixed extra init bonus on Charsheet not needed for Unarmed.
Added example of CT Options to activate all 5 columns.
Added new example charsheet in .xml.
Several minor details like new roll icons and name changes for NPCs and PCs charsheets.
Some changes to allow Card Hand sharing via shared Notes (not fully functional, just the idea).

Please let me know if you find anything wrong during gameplay.

presence
July 27th, 2019, 02:42
Excuse my ignorance. Where do the CTOptions.jpg and RealmRunner.xml files go? I assumed the second is the char sheet? The first is maybe a table that shows up somewhere?

Talen
July 27th, 2019, 05:00
Looks great! Well done - hope to make us of it sometime soon.

alfarobl
July 27th, 2019, 09:46
Excuse my ignorance. Where do the CTOptions.jpg and RealmRunner.xml files go? I assumed the second is the char sheet? The first is maybe a table that shows up somewhere?

The Option jpeg is just an example of what options you should change on the Combat Tracker Options menu to enable 5 columns to show, by default it only shows 3 so I made that to help. The .xml is an example charsheet as you have correctly assumed. You can load it and it will show you how to make other characters with the formulas to launch all different custom rolls from the charsheet. I should warn you that it is not as easy as Plug&Play. If something doesn't make sense just roll dice and use bonus table manually.

alfarobl
July 27th, 2019, 09:52
Looks great! Well done - hope to make us of it sometime soon.

I will test it next week during my gaming session and will report how it went. We have played 2 sessions with most of the changes already and looks good. First session I found I needed a new Up Roll as I got several Up Drama Cards during gameplay... next session there were no use of Up at all so I got lots of regular /torg rolls and it was slow to add modifiers so I added this time the add feature. Also during Combat it got really difficult to manage several different opponents without the 5 columns CT (on first session there was only one single oponent). So I keep adding features to a minimum to play with some help from MoreCore. Next session we want to test Card Hand sharing somehow but it is not really a must have feature just a bonus.

alfarobl
July 27th, 2019, 19:50
Good news coming from Ulisses! There is Official Support for Fantasy Grounds coming over the next months.

alfarobl
August 7th, 2019, 22:33
All testing is looking good now. Remaining details are the card hand sharing and we have some ideas now... it is a pity that you cannot assign a token to an image instead of showing a pin when you drop that on the map. That would make perfect sense for cards. Lets hope FGU allows more options for images.
Our idea is to share a card hand image of each player made public so players can drop Destiny Card Tokens inside and show cards on hand versus pool and share those.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28338

Our gameplay will stop until September but we are very happy right now with the MoreCore Extension. If anyone needs help with it just ask.

damned
August 8th, 2019, 06:13
Are you able to share the extension?

alfarobl
August 8th, 2019, 09:58

Hi Damned, I did on a post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38572-TORG-Eternity&p=446181&viewfull=1#post446181

The only issue is that I cannot share the custom tokens as cards or the card tables for each deck. Those are copyrighted by Ulisses Spiele, if you bought the TORG Eternity Drama Deck you can use the single card pdf file to extract the card images and create your own .mod. If anyone needs help on how to do it and create tokens for the cards let me know.

For example they sell the TORG Drama Deck on Roll20 maybe you can also get it from there and extract the cards:
https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/gameaddon/435/torg-eternity-drama-deck

Wish we could sell something similar in Fantasy Grounds but we know the Card Deck functionality on FG Classic is lacking and I think FGU won't change that soon enough... I have only seen the Savage Worlds Adventure Deck on FG and its really cool but only works on the Savage Worlds Ruleset and it is very inneficient (it needs each card 3 times with different resolutions to move and show on different situations like chat, desktop, charsheet, and image). It would help if there was something similar to all rulesets.

I will in any case probably test it on next session and if it works I will post more info on how to share cards with tokens and will provide a .mod to help with all the images that are not copyrighted to help do it. The current .ext on the linked post already has the functionality on the charsheet to work with images inside the second MoreCore tab of the charsheet, it is as easy as to create a tablemat with the cards and make it public so rest of the players can check your hand and pool and later share swaping cards.
Only limitation that we found with tokens is that you need to first drop the token on the desktop and from there you can move it to a different player. Hope this helps!

alfarobl
September 11th, 2019, 01:40

Carter77
March 29th, 2020, 16:26
Hello Alfarobl,

I donwload your great extension and installed it.
When I open or used the chararcter sheet provided I systematically obtain the following error message :
ruleset Error : window : Control (pc_label_hero) anchoring to an undefined control (heroframe) in windowclass (charsheet).

Do you know this error and how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

alfarobl
March 29th, 2020, 16:46
Are you using this version?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38572-TORG-Eternity&p=446181&viewfull=1#post446181

What MoreCore revision do you use? You need MoreCore ruleset installed. I don't get that error. With latest MoreCore It seems some menu icons are too small now, but no error.

Carter77
March 29th, 2020, 20:57
Hello Alfarobl,

You were right.
I made the update of morecore ruleset and it works.
Thank you.

Excelsior
April 10th, 2020, 15:20
Hello guys,

Is there a place where i can get all the links of the fabulous work you did for TORG on Fantasy grounds? I always have problems to find the proper things... if someone could please help that would be marvelous.

Thanks

alfarobl
April 11th, 2020, 11:19

Excelsior
April 16th, 2020, 17:33
Thank you, I receive the following error on load:

Excelsior
April 16th, 2020, 18:11
and I believe I run the latest MoreCore

is there anything else that is needed?

alfarobl
April 16th, 2020, 18:19
and I believe I run the latest MoreCore

is there anything else that is needed?

You are running Unity? You will need to use Classic for this.

Excelsior
April 16th, 2020, 18:48
Oooohhhhhhhhhhh

Ok, I have both, so I will try to install morecore and your ext. on classic

Does your module has the destiny cards and other cards?

discgolferusa
May 8th, 2020, 22:01
Hey everyone! New to Fantasy Grounds and a huge Torg fan and have been trying to find an online way to play this with my friends (especially now that the world is locked down for the moment). It sounds like to do this you have to install an extension of some kind then? How much outside of loading resources for your adventure do you have to do to make a torg campaign?

I haven't signed up for a pay account yet because I'm unsure if this is the route to go yet vs trying to write something for roll20. Any kind of walkthrough or demo of how to use this would be awesome!

Sorry for the newbie questions.

discgolferusa
May 9th, 2020, 02:05
I'd love help with how to handle the cards. I have all the digital materials from all of the KS campaigns so far, so I have the content. How do you handle the random drawing of the cards? I just downloaded FG today so am stumbling through trying to learn it all.

Also, for some reason the buttons for me are really really small on the extension. I wonder if it's because of my resolution.

alfarobl
May 9th, 2020, 11:51
There is some issue with the new Morecore ruleset +1.54 they modified the sidebar buttons and older images do not work anymore. I did a quick fix for it so you can at least see the buttons correctly intead of the old way.

You need to create tables with the 'Basic Card Deck Tables.ext' so you roll on that table and it draws the Drama card for initiative or Destiny deck with a different one.

Sorry but that is as much as I can provide without an official support for copyright reasons.

alfarobl
May 9th, 2020, 11:57

Damned, can you help why images on sidebar from +1.54 are rectangular instead of the old square type and now they include the names with font? Now I cannot translate or custom mod those? Thanks!

discgolferusa
May 9th, 2020, 12:12
There is some issue with the new Morecore ruleset +1.54 they modified the sidebar buttons and older images do not work anymore. I did a quick fix for it so you can at least see the buttons correctly intead of the old way.

You need to create tables with the 'Basic Card Deck Tables.ext' so you roll on that table and it draws the Drama card for initiative or Destiny deck with a different one.

Sorry but that is as much as I can provide without an official support for copyright reasons.

No problem, I totally get it. The other thing I'm struggling with is the character sheet inside FG. Is there a way to add skills properly while inside FG or do you have to modify it outside in the xml and reimport it each time?
Also how are you handling damage? Is it still primarily a manual thing? Or is it smart enough to issue it against an opponent? Are opponents created the same way as a character sheet in the xml?

I know lots of questions!

alfarobl
May 9th, 2020, 13:54
No problem, I totally get it. The other thing I'm struggling with is the character sheet inside FG. Is there a way to add skills properly while inside FG or do you have to modify it outside in the xml and reimport it each time?
Also how are you handling damage? Is it still primarily a manual thing? Or is it smart enough to issue it against an opponent? Are opponents created the same way as a character sheet in the xml?

I know lots of questions!

Don't worry happy to help another TORG fan!

I can provide you with the .xml for you to import and take a look but no need to edit text inside xml file you can add all skills or copy them from other characters. I also added the Card Mats we used in our campaign. I will provide you with a link to the video but it is not in english, visually you can see how it works, in this chapter there is a combat scene. You can enable subtitles and automatically generate english to understand something if it helps.

Combat damage has to be applied manually inside the Combat Tracker. Only rolls are automated. NPCs are almost same as Player Characters but in a compact sheet.

discgolferusa
May 10th, 2020, 19:59
Ok may be a dumb question but I'm not finding it anywhere. Where do i store move and wound data for NPC's? Wounds are the most important right now because I can't get it to show on the combat tracker, so I know it's not either c4 or c5 on the npc form.

alfarobl
May 10th, 2020, 21:02
Ok may be a dumb question but I'm not finding it anywhere. Where do i store move and wound data for NPC's? Wounds are the most important right now because I can't get it to show on the combat tracker, so I know it's not either c4 or c5 on the npc form.

I add those to Special. You can see those in the following capture. You also need to enable options to show c4 and c5 on Combat Tracker. I use Init to show Unarmed as I need all the columns on the CT. I just found that the labels on top of the CT are missing... it used to work with older version of MoreCore. They are updating everything for Unity and it is a mess sorry. Will try to see if I can fix it later.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35152&d=1589140919

damned
May 10th, 2020, 23:52
Are the labels missing or just very hard to see on that dark blue background?
I think there is an option to set the CT Header Test to White? Can you try that?
Sorry guys - I havent been following this thread and missed the call outs.

alfarobl
May 11th, 2020, 00:16
Are the labels missing or just very hard to see on that dark blue background?
I think there is an option to set the CT Header Test to White? Can you try that?
Sorry guys - I havent been following this thread and missed the call outs.

Correct. Option CT Header changed from Black to White and fixes it for now. Thank you!

discgolferusa
May 12th, 2020, 02:44
All testing is looking good now. Remaining details are the card hand sharing and we have some ideas now... it is a pity that you cannot assign a token to an image instead of showing a pin when you drop that on the map. That would make perfect sense for cards. Lets hope FGU allows more options for images.
Our idea is to share a card hand image of each player made public so players can drop Destiny Card Tokens inside and show cards on hand versus pool and share those.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28338

Our gameplay will stop until September but we are very happy right now with the MoreCore Extension. If anyone needs help with it just ask.

Ok still a little confused how you are managing the player hands. Do you run images of the cards for the tables to do the decks and also a set of shared tokens so they can add them to the card mats?

presence
May 12th, 2020, 04:48
I'm guessing the "modules" for the torg reference, cosm deck and nile empire deck and such aren't sharable, am I correct? I have all the resources to create these, but what kind of effort are we talking about?

presence
May 12th, 2020, 05:12
Which version of morecore are you guys using? 1.51 seems to be alot more "tailored" to the extension that 1.55 is. I don't remember editing the old version, and I think I would have :D

alfarobl
May 12th, 2020, 10:00
Which version of morecore are you guys using? 1.51 seems to be alot more "tailored" to the extension that 1.55 is. I don't remember editing the old version, and I think I would have :D

Yes MoreCore +1.54 broke visually buttons. I just fixed it removing them but it would look nicer on older versions.

alfarobl
May 12th, 2020, 10:13
Ok still a little confused how you are managing the player hands. Do you run images of the cards for the tables to do the decks and also a set of shared tokens so they can add them to the card mats?

Ok. Will try to explain. Destiny cards are on special thing because we needed to be able to share those among players and see each others Card Hand/Pool. Other Decks are easier.

I did modules for Drama, Destiny, Cosms Decks with the Basic Card Deck Tables extension. Each one of those I can load depending on the Cosm they are playing and use them. It is a table with images of the cards, you can shuffle and drop the cards link to the image on the Charsheet for Cosm Cards that are not shared. Show Drama Deck during Combat and Destiny deck to draw cards and give them to the players. I usually make a GAME copy of the Deck from the module so it saves the status of the Deck for the next Session so I have always the cards ready.

To use the Card Mats of each player I did a big image shared to everybody were I put all the Destiny Card Tokens in order of rows... those are the ones that Players can search when I deliver them a Denity card from the deck and put that token on their Mat as a card that they can move from Hand to Pool and share. To share a Destiny card they drop it on the background and then to the other players Hand. If you do directly move a token it fails. So it is a manual task that players do. It gets a lot faster after a couple of sessions.
You have to think about the limitations that we have with Deck of Cards on Fantasy Grounds. So this was the best way we found to share cards and use decks. Hope it helps. Also you could watch some of our Gameplays to see how it works. We did a 16 Sessions Campaign.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35232&d=1589276231

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35231&d=1589276213

discgolferusa
May 12th, 2020, 13:31
Ok. Will try to explain. Destiny cards are on special thing because we needed to be able to share those among players and see each others Card Hand/Pool. Other Decks are easier.

I did modules for Drama, Destiny, Cosms Decks with the Basic Card Deck Tables extension. Each one of those I can load depending on the Cosm they are playing and use them. It is a table with images of the cards, you can shuffle and drop the cards link to the image on the Charsheet for Cosm Cards that are not shared. Show Drama Deck during Combat and Destiny deck to draw cards and give them to the players. I usually make a GAME copy of the Deck from the module so it saves the status of the Deck for the next Session so I have always the cards ready.

To use the Card Mats of each player I did a big image shared to everybody were I put all the Destiny Card Tokens in order of rows... those are the ones that Players can search when I deliver them a Denity card from the deck and put that token on their Mat as a card that they can move from Hand to Pool and share. To share a Destiny card they drop it on the background and then to the other players Hand. If you do directly move a token it fails. So it is a manual task that players do. It gets a lot faster after a couple of sessions.
You have to think about the limitations that we have with Deck of Cards on Fantasy Grounds. So this was the best way we found to share cards and use decks. Hope it helps. Also you could watch some of our Gameplays to see how it works. We did a 16 Sessions Campaign.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35232&d=1589276231

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35231&d=1589276213

Now you're making me wish I had thought to make all my decks as modules!!! So, when you did that what did you include? The tokens and the tables and images? Do you include a module specific shared cards mat with all the tokens on it? I've never created a module (obviously since I've only had fantasygrounds for like 3 days now) is it difficult to make the decks that way? I'm thinking about doing the same with my NPC's, but I've already started making a ton of those. Is it possible to make a module from groups in the npc tables?

Oh the brain is working overtime now thinking of the possibilities.

damned
May 12th, 2020, 13:42
Some small suggestions on themeing...

discgolferusa
May 12th, 2020, 14:22
I'm guessing the "modules" for the torg reference, cosm deck and nile empire deck and such aren't sharable, am I correct? I have all the resources to create these, but what kind of effort are we talking about?

Not sure how hard the module creation is, but creating the card decks wasn't too bad. Pulling the images from the PDF's and organizing the tables for the decks took me most of a day. It looks like I now have to take those and make shareable tokens for the cards as well, but since the images are done, that should go super quick.

I'm now trying to figure out how to organize them so that I can package them as modules for my campaign. Then after that I'm going to create cosm specific NPCs for export as well from all of the source material.

If you have the PDF's from the KS campaigns you can use TokenTool to take all of the pogs and create tokens for all the creatures. That was super simple to do with that tool.

alfarobl
May 12th, 2020, 20:07
FYI if you want to enter the TORG Eternity world you have a new quickstart just released here:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/311034/Torg-Eternity--Up-the-Creek-Quickstart

And the intro adventures Day One are also PWYW now, they are great to intro a new group into each of the different Cosms:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/217599/Torg-Eternity--Day-One-Adventure-Book

discgolferusa
May 12th, 2020, 20:27
Ok, so I figured out how to make the decks as modules. Now the big question. I've made about 60 NPC's across multiple cosms in my overall project. I would love to break it out by cosm, but I don't want to spend hours recreating them all. Is there any easy way to grab specific npc's and move them to a different campaign?

alfarobl
May 13th, 2020, 00:08
Some small suggestions on themeing...

Thank you. Looks nicer that way... I moved desktop 80 pixels up to be able to see the Bonus Chart on background. But perfect now.I could delete old buttons? Now it will always be wide sidebar?

damned
May 13th, 2020, 01:19
Here is a new desktop done properly for your 80px - if you use this one use the new code below.

<framedef name="desktop">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/desktop-new.jpg" />
<topleft rect="0,0,1260,800" />
<left rect="0,800,1260,1200" />
<middle rect="1260,0,660,2000" />
</framedef>

This will tile cleanly up to 4k screen

damned
May 13th, 2020, 01:19
yes you can delete old buttons.

presence
May 13th, 2020, 05:11
yes you can delete old buttons.

This absolutely works perfect on a 4k screen. Which buttons are the "old" ones? I see a tone of them in the "sidebar" folder.

alfarobl
May 13th, 2020, 09:45
Here is a new desktop done properly for your 80px
This will tile cleanly up to 4k screen

Thanks a lot! It does look a lot better now. Good to go until Unity :)

vampyr13
May 14th, 2020, 04:31
This version of the extension fixes the errors on startup in FG Unity (caused by the more strict XML parsing in FG Unity not liking having & and ' in XML files - replaced with &amp; and &apos; respectively in extension.xml and gameelements.xml).

I also removed the reference to DOESound since that extension appears to be no longer supported and was generating errors due to missing PNG files.

Fair warning - I haven't tested everything with FG Unity, so there may still be issues I haven't found yet. I just fixed the startup errors and got the extension to load successfully.

EDIT: I have found a couple of layouts glitches in the combat tracker, but I have also seen similar issues in other rulesets, so it may be more a core FG Unity issue perhaps?
EDIT2: I forgot to mention that there was some code to merge delete some buttons from the combat tracker. Using <template ... merge="delete" /> on the CT buttons seems to throw an error in FG Unity, complaining that there are no child nodes.

damned
May 14th, 2020, 04:49
This version of the extension fixes the errors on startup in FG Unity (caused by the more strict XML parsing in FG Unity not liking having & and ' in XML files - replaced with & and ' respectively in extension.xml and gameelements.xml).

I also removed the reference to DOESound since that extension appears to be no longer supported and was generating errors due to missing PNG files.

Fair warning - I haven't tested everything with FG Unity, so there may still be issues I haven't found yet. I just fixed the startup errors and got the extension to load successfully.

Is this based on version from post #142?

vampyr13
May 14th, 2020, 04:54
Is this based on version from post #142?

Yes ... is there a newer/different version I should have looked at?

damned
May 14th, 2020, 08:11
Yes ... is there a newer/different version I should have looked at?

Nope. Once others have had a chance to test let me know if this should become the new build.
Is everyone ok if I clean up and remove the older versions from this thread?

alfarobl
May 14th, 2020, 09:46
Everybody can now get access to the Drama Deck as it has been changed to PWYW:

https://www.ulisses-us.com/stay-at-home-and-play-torg-eternity/

Thanks for cleaning the extension for Unity. I have packed all what I can now safely provide to help one group start playing TORG Eternity in on file with some example characters we used in our campaign, drama deck, example mats and extension. You will need the MoreCore ruleset and Basic Card Deck Tables extension for it to work. I will remove older version files from my posts.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28338&d=1565213544

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35152&d=1589140919

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35696&d=1589844374

Changelog:

NEW

Updated .ext to work with MoreCore 1.56
(damned) updated several visual glitches like background support 4K and wide sidebars.
(vampyr13) Cleanup for Unity.
Fixed issue with Story background frame.

OLD

Added 2 new rolls to directly allow Up Rolls: /torgup /torguup (for unskilled)
Added option to add two numbers as input on /torg rolls (example: parameter /torg 10+2). Allows Attribute+Skill function to work.
Fixed Bonus Table on 4 returns -4 instead of -6. And FAIL on 1s (latest rulebook errata)
Modifyed CT window to allow all 5 stats to be shown correctly for TORG (remove Roll Init buttons)
Fixed extra init bonus on Charsheet not needed for Unarmed.
Added example of CT Options to activate all 5 columns.
Added new example charsheet in .xml.
Several minor details like new roll icons and name changes for NPCs and PCs charsheets.
Some changes to allow Card Hand sharing via shared Notes (not fully functional, just the idea).

UPDATE: Good news coming from Ulisses! There is Official Support for Fantasy Grounds coming over the next months... according to video on Minute 56 he said that they have people already working on it:
https://youtu.be/VcjTvQ7LB-M?t=3360

alfarobl
May 14th, 2020, 10:04
Some more extra stuff PWYW not included on the list provided by Ulisses:

Day One Adventures:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/217599/

Day One Pregens:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/218843/Torg-Eternity--Day-One-Characters

GM Screen and 16 Pregens:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/218280/Torg-Eternity--GM-Screen-and-Archetypes

discgolferusa
May 16th, 2020, 17:02
Ok so I just got done creating the Death of the Mystery Men campaign and have one criticism with the ext. I tried to fix it but every time I update it it never loads properly afterwards.

So the criticism is, the frame1 background used for stories is way to dark. It makes reading the story very difficult.

alfarobl
May 16th, 2020, 18:20
So the criticism is, the frame1 background used for stories is way to dark. It makes reading the story very difficult.

Yes, I noticed that was an issue too... will fix it for you later.

discgolferusa
May 16th, 2020, 18:44
Yes, I noticed that was an issue too... will fix it for you later.

Thanks.

alfarobl
May 16th, 2020, 19:14
Done!

Wargamer777
May 16th, 2020, 19:25
Luis,

How did you do your effects? For example, you have Stymied at -2, yet the button shows a 2 instead. And what about those that have a value of 99 such as Wound -1!?

alfarobl
May 16th, 2020, 19:33
You have to remember that Effects do not work inside MoreCore. They are just a reminder or label to put on Combat Tracker. They do not have any functional use. Those numbers are just time to be active... so Stymied and Wound only have reminders... so for example a Wound won't go away and label stays in Combat Tracker. Others just go away on next turn. Stymied stays 2 because they go away at the end of next turn.

To use Wounds I have automated that inside the Charsheet so you have those Modifiers applied if you use the Wound Modifier on the charsheet, check the example Pregens I included. The one as an Effect is usually for NPCs to label those so it shows a little and you remember to apply the Mod to the rolls.

discgolferusa
May 16th, 2020, 19:49
Done! You can grab the new version from same post:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38572-TORG-Eternity&p=508990&viewfull=1#post508990

Much Much better! Thank you so much!

alfarobl
May 16th, 2020, 21:26
Also, good news coming from Ulisses! There is Official Support for Fantasy Grounds coming over the next months... according to video on Minute 56 he said that they have people already working on it:

Wargamer777
May 16th, 2020, 22:15
Also, good news coming from Ulisses! There is Official Support for Fantasy Grounds coming over the next months... according to video on Minute 56 he said that they have people already working on it:

That is AWESOME NEWS!!

Talen
May 16th, 2020, 23:09
Great news indeed! I've backed every cosm, but haven't been able to play much in person and getting Torg to work without official support has been a project I just haven't gotten around to yet. Looking forward to it!

discgolferusa
May 16th, 2020, 23:23
Great news indeed! I've backed every cosm, but haven't been able to play much in person and getting Torg to work without official support has been a project I just haven't gotten around to yet. Looking forward to it!

Understand that. I to have backed them all, but I finally just bit the bullet and did it all myself. The guys here have been great, and it's definitely a time commitment. I have 2 cosm books of creatures to make yet, but have over 100 made so far from the other books. Right now I'm switching focus to getting the God Box made so that my group can start that adventure again (we had to disband after we got 1 session in due to schedule conflicts almost a year ago). Now though, everyone is pumped to do this online since arranging childcare, and drive times won't matter anymore.

Wargamer777
May 18th, 2020, 20:51
[QUOTE=alfarobl;507569]I add those to Special. You can see those in the following capture. You also need to enable options to show c4 and c5 on Combat Tracker. I use Init to show Unarmed as I need all the columns on the CT. I just found that the labels on top of the CT are missing... it used to work with older version of MoreCore. They are updating everything for Unity and it is a mess sorry. Will try to see if I can fix it later.

Did you ever get a chance to look at the labels on top of the Combat Tracker?

alfarobl
May 18th, 2020, 21:16

Yes, go inside options and on Combat Tracker options select Headers Color from Black to White (first option).

damned
May 18th, 2020, 23:07
[QUOTE=alfarobl;507569]I add those to Special. You can see those in the following capture. You also need to enable options to show c4 and c5 on Combat Tracker. I use Init to show Unarmed as I need all the columns on the CT. I just found that the labels on top of the CT are missing... it used to work with older version of MoreCore. They are updating everything for Unity and it is a mess sorry. Will try to see if I can fix it later.

Go into options and change the colour of the CT headers.

Wargamer777
May 18th, 2020, 23:20
It would appear that the labels aren't showing correctly even with the color of the CT headers set to white for me:

Wargamer777
May 18th, 2020, 23:22
It would appear that the labels aren't showing correctly even with the color of the CT headers set to white for me:

damned
May 19th, 2020, 00:27
Most of teh MoreCore Options require you to reload the table.

alfarobl
May 19th, 2020, 00:27

Make sure to exit Fantasy Grounds and enter again as I remember that changing color was not done automatically without exit. In any case I remember that I had to edit those labels on top manually to be set to the names that I wanted.

Follow the options shown here and edit labels manually (You can write on those labels to customize)... as you will need all columns for TORG Eternity. I also used the Initiative Column to be used as Unarmed so remember to edit Init to match that value.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35696&d=1589844374

damned
May 19th, 2020, 00:40
the column headers and colours could be set in the extension too...

Wargamer777
May 19th, 2020, 02:11
Ok, I was able to manually edit some of them. However, the far right are scrunched up together and overlapping. Yes, I already tried to extend the combat tracker window but it didn't help.

alfarobl
May 19th, 2020, 10:58
Ok, I was able to manually edit some of them. However, the far right are scrunched up together and overlapping. Yes, I already tried to extend the combat tracker window but it didn't help.

I know about that issue and I could not fix it (check my capture screen). It is because Init Order label doesn't go away. So what I did was extend Melee so it would overwrite the next label... When it was Black it looked a little better but now we have white.
You should use "Melee Unarmed" all in the same label and that is the best we can do. Lets hope we get that Official support ruleset and all issues will go away.

alfarobl
May 19th, 2020, 11:03
the column headers and colours could be set in the extension too...

When I tried I could not disable the label Order for Init. I am using the last Init Column to win another more important stat for NPCs to be shown on CT. TORG doesn't use Initiative at all so it worked nicely to run Combats. As it is a cosmetic issue I won't bother too much with this until Official support arrives then they can deal with it. Thank you Damned for your support and crafting this MoreCore ruleset! It is amazing what you can do.

discgolferusa
May 21st, 2020, 14:29
Ok, so one of the great parts of Torg are the Possibility Chips. We lose that tactile feel when playing online. I saw though, a video of the Fate Chips from deadlands. I wonder how hard it would be to set up something where we as GM's can toss chips to players (maybe as simple as I drop it onto their player sheet and it shows up in the chat that they earned a possibility), and they can drop them into the chat to use them.

Thoughts? I've never done an extension, or modified one so again this is just brainstorming ideas for future upgrades to the current extension.

Wargamer777
May 21st, 2020, 23:49
Ok, so one of the great parts of Torg are the Possibility Chips. We lose that tactile feel when playing online. I saw though, a video of the Fate Chips from deadlands. I wonder how hard it would be to set up something where we as GM's can toss chips to players (maybe as simple as I drop it onto their player sheet and it shows up in the chat that they earned a possibility), and they can drop them into the chat to use them.

Thoughts? I've never done an extension, or modified one so again this is just brainstorming ideas for future upgrades to the current extension.

You could also create a token from the possibility image and drop it in the players hand image that Luis setup in his extension. I mean, you are already using those areas for the player's hand and card pool.

discgolferusa
June 1st, 2020, 03:35
Ok so I’m very despondent right now. I tried to run my first session and it was a frustrating cluster.

First and by far the largest frustration is cards. How do you manage this! Do I have to do 90% of the gameplay for my players on this? I had all these tokens on a shared cards image for them to pull from to put on the hand pool images but no one could move them from the shared image to their respective images. It would be great if the could just copy it and place it there but the can’t. They can’t even move it from one image to another. Do I have to make those tokens shared and not just share the gm tokens? I ended up manually dragging them from the shared pool image to their hands but then I had to manage when they played them as well, it was a mess! Tips on how to do the cards effectively would be awesome.

Second - when I try to load an encounter into the combat tracker it’s slower than sh*t! My laptop is a 9th gen i7 with 16gb ram and a rtx2080 and it damn near choked to death loading a large encounter! It took minutes to move the encounter into the combat tracker and froze my machine. WTH is with that! Granted when I say large it was large. 41 npcs, but seriously 6 minutes with it frozen! What did I potentially do wrong that caused that kind of crappy performance?

Third - and this Was a learning issue using possibilities suuuuccked. It’s not intuitive, but I can’t think of a better way at the moment to handle it.

Fourth how the hell do you stay organized running a game this way. Any tips would be appreciated. This was our first try using fg so we were all stumbling but I was spending more time trying to unbury windows and reopening things than running the campaign it felt like. I know this will get better with time but any tips would be greatly appreciated!

I know I’m ranting and raving but I’ve put 140+ hrs into getting everything set up and writing out campaigns and making maps and hundreds of npcs and I could tell my players were frustrated and I was frustrated. Some of it was us all being new to fg, some to being new to playing online but some was just fgc being a right royal pita at times!

Ok rant over. Please help me make this fun because today was almost everything but.

discgolferusa
June 1st, 2020, 23:07
After talks with Damned about what may have been causing my crashing in the CT I'm making changes to how I structure my skills on NPCs. I moved non combat (interactive or physical) skills to a new section and combined modifiers, up, and possibilities together.

Not ideal, but will limit the number of rolls being loaded into the CT per NPC.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1DN0RjY-MkVqT29ezqGYxiIuHXW8c2_bN

damned
June 2nd, 2020, 00:14
Apologies for repost -

I dont know but Im guessing that fortress is at least 100m per side maybe far bigger.
You mentioned this is your first dip into GMing on FG.
In FG you can prep all your encounters and NOT add them into the CT until they are needed.
By needed - I mean until you need to start shooting.

each of these circles is probably a separate encounter.
when you add an encounter to the CT it ADDs it to the CT - they might be prepped separately but you can easily have reinforcements from an adjacent area be alerted (add them to the CT) and then reveal them.
some other VTTs have everything on the map at the start
in FG you PIN the encounter to the map and you add it to the CT only when the players arrive to that location.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36371

discgolferusa
June 27th, 2020, 02:19
Ok, another question for you fine gentlemen. I want to create rolls for all the spells, miracles and Psy powers but am having a problem where they will not pull the correct values from the PC unless I copy over the ref field values with the ones from the player sheet. Even if the spell was made from generic rolls that were also used in the creation of the character.

I was hoping to make this something that my players could just select from and drop on their sheets and they'd work without needing me to massage them.

Any ideas on if it's possible and if it is what I may be doing wrong?

damned
June 27th, 2020, 02:38
They will need to link them to their own stats.

Did you try making 20 encounters instead of one great big one?

discgolferusa
June 27th, 2020, 12:02
They will need to link them to their own stats.

Did you try making 20 encounters instead of one great big one?

Yeah and that kind of helped, I’m still going through my big campaign and making adjustments and speed still seems to be an issue. I moved non-ct rolls to a different spot on the npc but that doesn’t seem to help. I had hoped that would help some as well but it doesn’t appear to have. Does it load every roll no matter what into the ct? Is that why it’s so slow?

damned
June 27th, 2020, 15:28
Can you share the db.xml file please discogolferusa?

discgolferusa
June 27th, 2020, 17:30
Here's the db.xml (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgMvjsp7LJ85q2mlogA2u6YgDwYM?e=UPy3FZ) for my god box adventure.

princeearwig
June 30th, 2020, 11:05
Ok so I’m very despondent right now. I tried to run my first session and it was a frustrating cluster.

First and by far the largest frustration is cards. How do you manage this! Do I have to do 90% of the gameplay for my players on this? I had all these tokens on a shared cards image for them to pull from to put on the hand pool images but no one could move them from the shared image to their respective images. It would be great if the could just copy it and place it there but the can’t. They can’t even move it from one image to another. Do I have to make those tokens shared and not just share the gm tokens? I ended up manually dragging them from the shared pool image to their hands but then I had to manage when they played them as well, it was a mess! Tips on how to do the cards effectively would be awesome

We've been using Trenloe's card table extension very successfully. Only time I need to manually intervene (beyond me rolling on the table) is when Players want to swap cards.
Otherwise I roll, awarded card link show sup in chat, player drags it from chat onto their character sheet.
Now in order to have that work I did sort of hack the MoreCore character sheet a bit. I converted the bottom 3 sections on the first tab into image lists. Hand, Pool and Cosm
So the players also mange their hands by dragging between there and the pool. Annoyingly it "copies" rather than moves the card, so they do need to delete it from the hand as well :D

dmbrown
July 3rd, 2020, 18:43
It appears that the same company that brought Conan to FG is going to bring TORG as well, some time in the future. https://nerdeyeindustries.com/#/product

discgolferusa
July 10th, 2020, 13:35
So has anyone created effects in the torg extension? I'm looking at creating effects based off of say the aysle magic enhancements, or effects tied to items so that it automatically updates things like toughness. Just wasn't sure what keywords would affect things like toughness or any of the attributes. Or if that's even possible.

damned
July 10th, 2020, 14:22
There is no Effect support at this time (afaik).

discgolferusa
August 5th, 2020, 01:48
Think I've put in a lot of work on this!
https://atr5lq.bn.files.1drv.com/y4mR21vLvH8pOKYQyG4hESSF4EfZ09ZlC4psUIAtBtuB0E2Nuc sGuzfEkA1-DBSA33t9YeUgsVrmZzX86EsvKB4WpSqaUxFoqk08Q4_bcQjG8Q ZFRH6ANQB8nYV6EngRbRs-GSxf510wXzQthNxvMMXUOLHdEGfkoQaw-IjpsWDBB-vQq-BRrKABBtUnMhRH1HXk3d2KkqriQt9pMA_nLLH7Q?width=1826&height=749&cropmode=none
Food for Toth was a module someone wanted me to test out for them, but the rest of the Torg modules are stuff I've created over the past few months as I have time. Currently all that I have left to do are a few cyberware and cyberdeck items for cyberpapacy, nile equipment, and everything from the tharkold sourcebook, but that's truly just a small fraction of things compared to everything that I've created.

discgolferusa
August 5th, 2020, 22:21
Damned -

Questions for you, but first, my idea! :)

I'm thinking of ways to expand this extension. After using FG for 5e and working with the Enhanced Combat extension and Token Helper extensions that Styrmir wrote it got me thinking that if I can access the targeted creature and their skills, could I not automate hit results? Since in Torg's case, it would be something like Missile/Fire/Energy Combat looks at the dodge skill, and melee looks at melee? That way I could get a message telling me that I hit and maybe even have it auto roll bonus dice based off of the results table and give me that value as well. I know there's no way to add that BD value to the weapon damage (since items don't have a damage or bonus field that we can leverage (unless it's something we can use expressions to trap).

The other big rub is that it doesn't know what roll a particular item should use. I'm not sure if it would be useful to have a roll on the item, or if it would be better to search the item description for a Used Skill Value and take the attackers roll value to use, or forget the item thing all together and just say something like "player (A) does base damage to spider (3)", or "player (B) does base damage + 8 to spider (1)" after they roll for a given skill/attribute.

So I guess the BIG questions to you are :

A) Can I get the targeted foe information from the morecore CT like I can in 5e?

B) Can I access both the players skills and the skills from the target in the CT?

What do you think? Am I raving mad?

damned
August 5th, 2020, 23:21
Hi there discgolferusa,

(in my mind I keep calling you disco golfer)

Yes - there are several rolls that do that - have a look at the thac0 roll as an example - it handles targeted and untargeted rolls - there are several others but that is a good one to start from.
Yes - you would use the same method that the thac0 roll uses but easier if you know what skill you are looking for - more complicated if you are looking thru all skills.

Geek MacBeer
September 4th, 2020, 20:47
Hi Damned, I did on a post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38572-TORG-Eternity&p=446181&viewfull=1#post446181

The only issue is that I cannot share the custom tokens as cards or the card tables for each deck. Those are copyrighted by Ulisses Spiele, if you bought the TORG Eternity Drama Deck you can use the single card pdf file to extract the card images and create your own .mod. If anyone needs help on how to do it and create tokens for the cards let me know.

For example they sell the TORG Drama Deck on Roll20 maybe you can also get it from there and extract the cards:
https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/gameaddon/435/torg-eternity-drama-deck

What I'm looking for is the "How to get started" explanation, which describes every step needed to get the TORG Eternity ruleset running in FGU. Is there such a guide? I have the MoreCore ruleset and the MCTorgEternity extensions installed. What else is needed? How do you create and use the cards? What other stuff do I need or can use? I've backed every TORG Eternity KS to date, so I have all the PDFs. I've read some of the posts in this forum about creating the cards as a module?

When I launch FGU, I do not see an option to create a TORG Eternity game...?

I recognize that it's possible that that's all that is needed, but I just need some explicit instructions to be sure.

discgolferusa
September 5th, 2020, 21:03
What I'm looking for is the "How to get started" explanation, which describes every step needed to get the TORG Eternity ruleset running in FGU. Is there such a guide? I have the MoreCore ruleset and the MCTorgEternity extensions installed. What else is needed? How do you create and use the cards? What other stuff do I need or can use? I've backed every TORG Eternity KS to date, so I have all the PDFs. I've read some of the posts in this forum about creating the cards as a module?

When I launch FGU, I do not see an option to create a TORG Eternity game...?

I recognize that it's possible that that's all that is needed, but I just need some explicit instructions to be sure.

Ok I've never tried it with FGU, so not sure if the extension works well with it or not. On FGC you would select MORECORE as your ruleset and then select the MCTorg extension as one of the extensions you load. I created the cards by using the pdf's you would have gotten through drivethruRPG. The easiest way is to import the PDF's as Images into software like GIMP. Then you have to save those images to your images folder. After that you want to make sure you get the basic cards table extension so that you can create a table in FGU that you will drop each card image into. The cards, extension makes it so that the random table will not reissue that card to another player until after you tell the system to refresh the table.

I've put about 300 hrs of work into creating my content so far. It's time consuming work, but once it's done I hopefully won't have to change it much after that. I'm looking now at what I can do to either improve the extension or to provide ideas for improvements to morecore that may make the extension run better. You will find that NPC's are a big problem. Torg created GREAT npc's and flushed them out really well for their skills and the like, but on the flip side adding all those skills to them in the extension makes the combat tracker run like a dog. I'd love a checkbox or something on rolls in morecore that would let the ruleset know it needs to worry about loading that skill. Unfortunately that still would only help some because skills for say casting are so diverse in Torg that a high level caster will still load 10-12 rolls into the combat tracker.

Geek MacBeer
September 6th, 2020, 21:21
After that you want to make sure you get the basic cards table extension so that you can create a table in FGU that you will drop each card image into.

I've saved my decks as individual JPEG files (one per card). I've added the Basic Card Deck Table extension to my campaign. I'm still a bit lost on how to create the deck. I create a table, selected the Cards? option and the Auto? options. Now I have a dialog with a table showing two rows, each with two grey buttons followed by a Label field and the Used? radio button. How do I create entries on this table for the images I have of the cards?

discgolferusa
September 7th, 2020, 01:31
I've saved my decks as individual JPEG files (one per card). I've added the Basic Card Deck Table extension to my campaign. I'm still a bit lost on how to create the deck. I create a table, selected the Cards? option and the Auto? options. Now I have a dialog with a table showing two rows, each with two grey buttons followed by a Label field and the Used? radio button. How do I create entries on this table for the images I have of the cards?

Ok, so to add additional rows click the red circle with a backslash in it. Now open your images and drag an image over to one of the rows and drop it on the label field for that row. Once you have all of them in your table, right click and say refresh table. It will finish setting it all up for you.

Theros
June 24th, 2021, 14:47
Is there any video made from this module? It seems that it is rather to get working with all the cards and stuff?

Theros
August 25th, 2021, 19:29
Where I can download this extension?

ChrisRevocateur
September 25th, 2021, 02:28
Does anyone still have a copy of the last version of this extension to upload?

ChrisRevocateur
October 4th, 2021, 22:19
Where I can download this extension?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38572-TORG-Eternity&p=508953&viewfull=1#post508953

ChrisRevocateur
October 4th, 2021, 22:20
For anyone looking, I messaged with alfarobl and he said that the version in post #143 is the same as the one he had posted in #147, just without the drama deck, which to keep from breaking copyright we all need to do ourselves anyway.

So you can find the last version of the extension here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38572-TORG-Eternity&p=508953&viewfull=1#post508953

Zandel
January 27th, 2022, 18:11
Are there any instructions on how to set this extension up? I loaded it up and I just see an empty frame for the skills, I have never used MoreCore, do I just need to find MoreCore directions?