PDA

View Full Version : starting campaign help--or feel free to join

Tosayuf
May 31st, 2017, 22:06
I am trying to wrap my head around FG. I have decided to do the Pathfinder "The Lost City of Bransik," as this is a 1v1 campaign and I can learn with my friend. Once I am comfortable, I will do a 4+ player campaign.

Is there a good resource that just assumes you know enough about the program that it shows via YouTube or document how to do the basic stuff from start to finish? IE...assign a pregen, walk through a combat, walk through treasure and experience distribution, etc. Basically show don't tell.

I was getting started today...and for the life of me I can't figure out how to make the pregen character available for the player.

I read the Character Management (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Character_Management) over and over again, but I can't seem to move the character at the back of the adventure to the "Characters" selection.

Basically, my question is this:

Can you tell me how to get the pregen to the area where players can take ownership?
Can you point me to a resource that just shows how to do the basic stuff like that (without too much explanation) or walks you through starting a new purchased campaign for the first time?
If interested, anyone can be my player and let me gm them as they talk me through any questions a gm might have..

Thank you

Moon Wizard
May 31st, 2017, 22:32
I just took a quick look at this product. The original module was not set up to allow the pregen character to be turned into a PC sheet, as there was no functionality like that at the time this module was created. It was built with the adventure pregen character as an NPC. There's no quick way to convert an NPC to a PC, since PCs are much more detailed in the level of detail they need.

Give me a little bit, and I can create a character XML for the pregen which you can import.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 31st, 2017, 23:12
Here ya go.

Regards,
JPG

Tosayuf
June 1st, 2017, 13:49
Thank you so much! I'm glad it wasn't me not understanding directions. That was very helpful.