PDA

View Full Version : Cant update to Version 3.3.1

Psyonical
May 31st, 2017, 20:56
So I am having problems updating to v3.3.1. I linked my steam account and all of that. When i hit the updated button it crashes FG and I have to shut it down. When I go to bring up the new updater it stops and says "Handle File: Unable to save file (FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)" I figure I have got something not saving in the right spot or I have got something blocking it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Moon Wizard
May 31st, 2017, 21:04
Can you try deleting the FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe and FGUpdaterEngine.exe files from your FG app directory. (Usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds) Then, download the installer from Downloads->All Licenses link on the web site, and run the update from the installer. All your data files will be preserved.

Regards,
JPG

Psyonical
June 1st, 2017, 01:38
Alrighty, I did that, and ran the update and that goes through, but when I go back and to FG it still shows the previous version (v3.3.0) and now when I click the update button it says " Failed to run fantasy grounds updater". It acts like it isnt there. So should I rename the files it downloaded and then change the installer to the updater name? Thanks again for the help.

jojogladco
June 1st, 2017, 03:43
Alrighty, I did that, and ran the update and that goes through, but when I go back and to FG it still shows the previous version (v3.3.0) and now when I click the update button it says " Failed to run fantasy grounds updater". It acts like it isnt there. So should I rename the files it downloaded and then change the installer to the updater name? Thanks again for the help.

Same issue here. Updater runs, completes and then dumps back to the launcher on the same version and the update available button is still lit up

Moon Wizard
June 1st, 2017, 04:03
* Where does the shortcut link point to which you are using to start Fantasy Grounds? (right click and select Properties, and check out the shortcut path)
* Where do the Settings say that your FG app directory points to? (You can run the installer downloaded from this site to view your Settings.)
* Also, you can try deleting FantasyGrounds.exe in the FG app directory, and updating from the web site installer.

Regards,
JPG

jojogladco
June 1st, 2017, 04:08
* Where does the shortcut link point to which you are using to start Fantasy Grounds? (right click and select Properties, and check out the shortcut path)
* Where do the Settings say that your FG app directory points to? (You can run the installer downloaded from this site to view your Settings.)
* Also, you can try deleting FantasyGrounds.exe in the FG app directory, and updating from the web site installer.

Regards,
JPG

Shortcut points to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGrounds.exe"

Settings pointed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGrounds

adding .exe to where settings was pointed to fixed the issue.

Moon Wizard
June 1st, 2017, 04:33
The Settings dialog should have "C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds\" for the application directory path.

Did you set the application directory path yourself when installing, or just used the default?

Regards,
JPG

Psyonical
June 1st, 2017, 05:10

Regards,
JPG

The thrid one, deleting Fantasygrounds.exe did the trick, apparently it was calling some weird path. thank you for your help.