PDA

View Full Version : newest patch wiped out FGupdater.exe

Ratupper
May 31st, 2017, 03:01
I tried to update tonight and got multiple timeouts to updater the updater...mow I cancelled and it says it can find FGupdater.exe???? I can't even get to my settings to get to my license key...help

Trenloe
May 31st, 2017, 03:04
Check your anti-virus software - sounds like it's quarantined that file. See if you can restore it.

If not, run the installer from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FGWebInstall.exe It won't wipe out your data - it will install the updater and run that.

Ratupper
May 31st, 2017, 03:05
help please

Trenloe
May 31st, 2017, 03:07
See my post above.

Moon Wizard
May 31st, 2017, 03:30
Some of the file names changed during his update. When you cancelled, you got one change but not the other.

You can either run the UpdaterEngine.exe directly from the FG app directory, or download the installer from this web site and run it to complete he update. If you are running Windows, the installer on the web site is the same as the updater, so it will keep all your content intact. If MAC, then I suggest the first option, since the Mac download will require you to backup your data first.

Regards,
JPG

Ratupper
May 31st, 2017, 04:34
Keeps timing out

Trenloe
May 31st, 2017, 04:38
Check that your AV/Security software isn't blocking network access for the FG updater.

Trenloe
May 31st, 2017, 04:39
Is it downloading anything at all? Or times out at the first thing it's downloading?

Please post a screenshot of the timeout error you're seeing.

Ratupper
May 31st, 2017, 22:38

Trenloe
May 31st, 2017, 22:41
Try running the updater as Administrator - right click on the executable and select "Run As Administrator".