PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Adventures

spite
May 31st, 2017, 00:05
Don't suppose this is something that Smiteworks is going to be making an official ruleset for? https://www.modiphius.com/star-trek.html
Would be keen as a bean, it looks really good!

vodokar
May 31st, 2017, 00:10
Smiteworks only has three rulesets that they made: D&D 4e, D&D 5e and Pathfinder/3.5e. So, no.

However, this can easily be supported by MoreCore. There is already a theme/extension for Conan 2d20 and 2d20 supporting roles in MoreCore. Wouldn't be hard to make Star Trek 2d20 to work in MoreCore.

spite
May 31st, 2017, 00:42
I was under the impression they had made (or at least are making) additional ruleset systems such as W.O.I.N. There's also a lot more official systems than that offered (Savage worlds, FATE, CnC etc).

spite
May 31st, 2017, 00:43
Smiteworks only has three rulesets that they made: D&D 4e, D&D 5e and Pathfinder/3.5e. So, no.

However, this can easily be supported by MoreCore. There is already a theme/extension for Conan 2d20 and 2d20 supporting roles in MoreCore. Wouldn't be hard to make Star Trek 2d20 to work in MoreCore.

Just to double post as well, MoreCore is great, for sure, but FG still doesn't easily allow me to make a character sheet base that I can give to players to fill out as per whatever system its based on.

LordEntrails
May 31st, 2017, 01:39
I was under the impression they had made (or at least are making) additional ruleset systems such as W.O.I.N. There's also a lot more official systems than that offered (Savage worlds, FATE, CnC etc).
Nope, those are all created by community developers. Some of them are sold in the FG store and some are not. Those that are sold in the FG store, I believe SW has committed to supporting if the dev ever drops out, but they aren't really official SW products.

vodokar
May 31st, 2017, 01:56
MoreCore allows you to change the names of the character sheet sections so that you can customize the character sheet for the specific game without the need of programming anything. It allows you to add the rolls specific to the game; if they don't exist, Damned has done a great job of adding them; in the case of 2d20, the rolls already do exist. Beyond that, making a theme extension isn't too difficult to do if more detailed support is needed.

Here is an example of one that I have been working on for Champions, as example of what can be done: 19174 and 19176

Wookiee420
May 31st, 2017, 04:39
i contacted Modiphius directly and asked them if I could handle their Mutant Year Zero as a MoreCore, that could be sold through their store and through RPGnow/DriveThru, they told me that someone is already developing their products. If anyone can figure out who is officially making their products and get me in touch with them, or is on Modiphius' good side and can get me permission to officially make their products then I would be happy to make any and all that the community wants.

vodokar
May 31st, 2017, 06:40
I'm not aware of anyone making anything official for Modiphius, however, I would start by asking the person that made the Conan 2d20 theme. Perhaps he is the one who had contacted them?

Wookiee420
May 31st, 2017, 06:44
I will ask JC see if he knows

VenomousFiligree
May 31st, 2017, 22:15
Response can be seen here - https://plus.google.com/+VenomousFiligree/posts/6PPWntK5SM8

Wookiee420
May 31st, 2017, 22:30
thank you Venomous!

LightBringer
July 2nd, 2017, 21:16
The first .pdf manuals arrived today. It looks a very well done system, totally worth to be ported for FG. If anyone is actively working on an adaptation for MoreCore or a standalone let me know, I'd be pleased to help.

Bidmaron
July 3rd, 2017, 04:16
LightBringer, welcome to the FG forums. Hopefully, you have something to play while you are waiting on Star Trek?

Nylanfs
July 3rd, 2017, 12:05
Somebody is running a Savage Trek game, Trenloe maybe?

LightBringer
July 4th, 2017, 12:38
LightBringer, welcome to the FG forums. Hopefully, you have something to play while you are waiting on Star Trek?

Thank you mate. Playing a custom scifi campaign on Savage Worlds at the moment, but we are pretty excited to move to STA as soon as it approaches FG.

JeffKnight
July 13th, 2017, 04:10
Response can be seen here - https://plus.google.com/+VenomousFiligree/posts/6PPWntK5SM8

Any word on this?

Halaku
July 21st, 2017, 10:18
So I see on the discussion thead on the Drive Tru entry for Star Trek adventures the publisher seems to think that there is a FG version in the works.
Is there any new on this here?

Drive Tru link
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/214552/Star-Trek-Adventures-Core-Rulebook?src=hottest

JeffKnight
July 21st, 2017, 14:46
So I see on the discussion thead on the Drive Tru entry for Star Trek adventures the publisher seems to think that there is a FG version in the works.
Is there any new on this here?

Drive Tru link
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/214552/Star-Trek-Adventures-Core-Rulebook?src=hottest

Coming from the publisher, this is most excellent news!

viresanimi
July 21st, 2017, 18:29
If that makes its way to Fantasy Grounds, its an instant buy for me!

Halaku
July 24th, 2017, 09:15
If that makes its way to Fantasy Grounds, its an instant buy for me!

for me too.

GunnarGreybeard
July 24th, 2017, 09:56
Is that a new system/game? I'm not a Star Trek fan but my daughter would love this.

Nylanfs
July 24th, 2017, 12:22
Is that a new system/game? I'm not a Star Trek fan but my daughter would love this.

https://www.modiphius.com/star-trek.html

GunnarGreybeard
July 24th, 2017, 13:47
Thanks! Going to pass that link on to her so she can check it out.

Voxpopuli
September 20th, 2017, 17:50
Any news on this?

Halaku
September 25th, 2017, 07:51
I've not seen any more news.
I've been reading the book and it looks like a good ruleset, I am deffinatly interested in running in fantasy grounds.

JeffKnight
September 26th, 2017, 20:53
Yeah, a ruleset would be very nice. I know they said they were working on something in the drivethrurpg discussion... hope something comes quickly, fall/winter games are starting to take shape

Halaku
January 30th, 2018, 18:46
Well it seems that Start Trek adventures has come out for roll20 I hope their also working on a fantasy grounds implementation.

JeffKnight
January 30th, 2018, 19:29
Ugh, they'd better get crackin!

Trenloe
January 30th, 2018, 20:02
It's a lot more difficult to make a ruleset in Fantasy Grounds than it is to do a character sheet and provide a few macros in roll20. Fantasy Grounds is much more feature rich from a RPG automation standpoint - which is great. But the downside is that it take significant effort to develop a ruleset for a new system - as everyone will expect a lot of automation, rule-checks, etc. from the start - and rightly so, as they'll be paying for a commercial product.

Moon Wizard
January 30th, 2018, 22:11
I assume that you could also play this today using the MoreCore or CoreRPG rulesets.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
January 30th, 2018, 22:15
I assume that you could also play this today using the MoreCore or CoreRPG rulesets.
Yeah you could. It uses the 2d20 system that Conan uses, and people are playing Conan with MoreCore.

damned
January 31st, 2018, 07:50
Yep MoreCore has all the rolls that Star Trek requires that I am aware of.

Valarian
January 31st, 2018, 19:59
I've created a Modiphius2d20 ruleset with a Star Trek adventures extension. Available from the Rulesets folder link in the signature. It's in the early stages, but the character sheet and dice rolling is functional. To set the Tn, double click the attribute and skill to add the values to the Modifier box. Then drag off one of the skill/attribute values to get the d20 dice. Right-click to add further dice for momentum spends. There's momentum and threat tokens, based on the Star Wars destiny token functionality.

JeffKnight
February 27th, 2018, 20:34
I've created a Modiphius2d20 ruleset with a Star Trek adventures extension. Available from the Rulesets folder link in the signature. It's in the early stages, but the character sheet and dice rolling is functional. To set the Tn, double click the attribute and skill to add the values to the Modifier box. Then drag off one of the skill/attribute values to get the d20 dice. Right-click to add further dice for momentum spends. There's momentum and threat tokens, based on the Star Wars destiny token functionality.

You are awesome!

Halaku
March 1st, 2018, 07:44

That is awesome, thanks for sharing.

vegaserik
March 2nd, 2018, 02:09
Cool! I can't wait to check this out!

timdog88
May 20th, 2018, 16:09
Yes, very cool. I played the 2d20 rules for the first time last night in a Conan game, and I liked it quite a bit. Now that I grasp the system a little better, I am going to dig into this rule set a bit more.

timdog88
May 21st, 2018, 18:00
Valerian, what would you say is the best way to set up values and talents so that they can be linked on the character sheet? I have been typing the information into a blank note and then dropping it on the sheet, but I was wondering if there was a better way that I didn't think of. I am setting up pregens and maps to try and run the intro adventure from the free rules QuickStart, great job on the rule set.