PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have repeated dice on the FG Desktop?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 30th, 2017, 17:38
Well I'll post my question here, because I believe it's the best place ....
Is there any way to "duplicate" the dice on the FG desktop ....
Let's say ... every time I open the ruleset ... instead of appearing all the dice appears only 3d6, as far as the removal of the others I have already solved ... what is missing now is to "duplicate" the dice in the Desktop of the FG.

Andraax
May 30th, 2017, 18:17
If you have the RoleMaster ruleset, you can look at how they do the 2d10 as the default dice.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 30th, 2017, 18:47
I have, but this is a pool right?
I would like to say where I find this "description" in the ruleset ... in which or which files?

MadBeardMan
May 30th, 2017, 19:10
This would be good, means in WOiN and Traveller I could roll 2d6 rather than a single D6. Alas I don't have Rolemaster to pull it apart.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 30th, 2017, 19:22
Does Traveler have that too?
I have the Rolemaster, I just do not understand a lot ..... or better not understand anything programming ... what I do is in the attempt and error ... in case I was thinking of inserting this pool in my extension of GURPS-BR: )

Trenloe
May 30th, 2017, 19:22
The Rolemaster ruleset builds up a desktop panel that looks like the FG dice (but it isn't the base FG dice). Then has specific code for double-click/drag&drop, right-click, etc. to roll the right dice.

LordEntrails
May 30th, 2017, 19:23
This would be good, means in WOiN and Traveller I could roll 2d6 rather than a single D6. Alas I don't have Rolemaster to pull it apart.
You do know when you pick up a die and while still holding it (left click hold) you can right click to add another of the same die right? So you can roll 2d6, 3d6 etc
Or instead or left click, right click-hold and select 10 or such to roll more a 10 of the die.

MadBeardMan
May 30th, 2017, 19:41
Does Traveler have that too?
I have the Rolemaster, I just do not understand a lot ..... or better not understand anything programming ... what I do is in the attempt and error ... in case I was thinking of inserting this pool in my extension of GURPS-BR: )

I'm writing the Traveller ruleset at the moment, as all rolls are 2d6 based, so would be good to roll 2d6 without using the radial (as below comment shows).

You do know when you pick up a die and while still holding it (left click hold) you can right click to add another of the same die right? So you can roll 2d6, 3d6 etc
Or instead or left click, right click-hold and select 10 or such to roll more a 10 of the die.

Yes I know about the right click, would be nice to just have 1d6, 2d6, 3d6 and 4d6 as desktop options without the need to use the radial. Whilst it's not mission critical, it's just a nice to have.

Cheers
Col

Andraax
May 30th, 2017, 20:40
I think the "old" community Traveller ruleset also had a "2d6" die...

MadBeardMan
May 30th, 2017, 20:45
I think the "old" community Traveller ruleset also had a "2d6" die...

Ok I shall download it and inspect this weekend.... cheers

LordEntrails
May 30th, 2017, 21:01
Yes I know about the right click, would be nice to just have 1d6, 2d6, 3d6 and 4d6 as desktop options without the need to use the radial. Whilst it's not mission critical, it's just a nice to have.l
I get it, see why you would want a 2d6 die on the desktop. Just wanted to make sure you knew about the right mouse to add :)

MadBeardMan
May 30th, 2017, 21:20
I get it, see why you would want a 2d6 die on the desktop. Just wanted to make sure you knew about the right mouse to add :)

Yep, no worries, as hopefully someone who reads this posts learns a bit more that they didn't know, there's loads of hidden secrets in FG...

Andraax
May 30th, 2017, 22:08
Ok I shall download it and inspect this weekend.... cheers

Actually, I just looked and I was mis-remembering it. Only the RoleMaster Classic ruleset has a custom 2d10 (implemented as d100) directly on the desktop. Traveller just moves all the dice except the D6 off to the side.

Nickademus
May 30th, 2017, 23:31
Yes I know about the right click, would be nice to just have 1d6, 2d6, 3d6 and 4d6 as desktop options without the need to use the radial.

Not the radial menu. Literally pick up a die and right-click prior to dropping it. Click three times to get 4d6, for example.

MadBeardMan
May 30th, 2017, 23:44
Not the radial menu. Literally pick up a die and right-click prior to dropping it. Click three times to get 4d6, for example.

Oh very nice, didn't know you could do that. Cheers!

YAKO SOMEDAKY
May 31st, 2017, 12:24
I know you can use radial, you can use the right button in the chat, but the interest is to make a dicebox with only 3d6 and remove the other data .... after all GURPS only uses d6 :)

Andraax
May 31st, 2017, 14:47
Your best bet is to look at the RoleMaster ruleset. It moves all the dice off the desktop except for it's custom d%. You can do something similar, leaving only a regular d6 (needed for those rolls that are other than 3d6) and a custom 3d6.

Nickademus
May 31st, 2017, 16:24
I assume it simply defines the <die> with a mergerule of 'replace' and doesn't give the new definition a <position>.

MadBeardMan
May 31st, 2017, 16:26
I shall take a look at the Rolemaster ruleset a bit later, in CT inside WOiN atm....when I find the method I'll see if I can post it here.

Trenloe
May 31st, 2017, 16:32
I assume it simply defines the <die> with a mergerule of 'replace' and doesn't give the new definition a <position>.
If you're talking about the Rolemaster desktop dice, then nope - it's a lot more complex than that. See my post #6 above: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38534-Is-it-possible-to-have-repeated-dice-on-the-FG-Desktop&p=340037&viewfull=1#post340037