PDA

View Full Version : Ring of Invisibility Effect

Klandare
May 29th, 2017, 22:30
Does anyone know how to make an effect for the Ring of Invisibility to act like the spell Invisibility?

It does not seem to parse the words out the same way.

I have a NPC which has a ring like that which I want to just have the ability to click on the effect.

Just seems odd that it doesn't parse it like the spell does (when giving the same NPC the spell, it has an effect that is clickable).

Thanks for any help.

Zacchaeus
May 29th, 2017, 22:51
You'll need to create an effect in the players actions tab which they will apply whenever the ring is used. The effect will simply be 'invisible' with a target of self and a relevant duration if there is one.

Nickademus
May 29th, 2017, 23:21
The effect will simply be 'invisible' ...

5e conditions start with a capital letter, so the effect would be 'Invisible'.

Klandare
May 29th, 2017, 23:28
Will this work with an NPC?

I will give it a try.

Zacchaeus
May 30th, 2017, 11:42
Sorry, I misread your original post; I see you want this on an NPC rather than a PC. You may find this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35937-How-to-Automate-effects-on-NPCs) enlightening for NPC effects.

So in your case if you have the phrase 'is invisible' somewhere in an NPC trait then the effect will be created on the CT. Note that 'Invisible' and 'invisible' will both work in the effect.

Klandare
June 1st, 2017, 06:32
Sorry, I misread your original post; I see you want this on an NPC rather than a PC. You may find this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35937-How-to-Automate-effects-on-NPCs) enlightening for NPC effects.

So in your case if you have the phrase 'is invisible' somewhere in an NPC trait then the effect will be created on the CT. Note that 'Invisible' and 'invisible' will both work in the effect.

Thank you, that was the trick. I just added "is invisible" at the end of the entry and boom, the effect appears when I put him in the CT.

Something to note, doing that works if you in an NPC Action also. So does not just have to be in a trait.