PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e "Sort of ish" Planescape Wednesday Evenings EU

The High Druid
May 28th, 2017, 10:57
FG License: Standard
Game System: D&D 5e with a bunch of converted 2nd Ed material

Time Zone: EU
Day of week and time: Wednesday Evenings, 1800 UK, 1900 EU, 2000 Finland
If new game, planned start date: June 7th (we've had 2 session -1's to test maps and make sure I have minimum required FG knowledge to run!)
Planned Duration & Frequency: Around 4 hours, weekly,
Term: No set end date.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord, game specific server with bot installed for downtime dice rolls.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Dependent on the group (See Below)
Number of Players in game & needed: DM + 3 currently (all 30- and 40- somethings), looking for 1-2 more.
Character starting level & equipment: (See Below)
Character restrictions: (See Below)

Details of your scenario: (See Below)

Link to Gamecalendar page: (Coming Soon)

I floated this idea a few weeks ago (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38014-D-amp-D-Stargate-Planescape-Campaign-Idea), and (I think) it's about ready to get started. Sigil will be the home base for the campaign, with the group being sent out on missions to various locations via portals. It'll be fairly straightforward stuff to begin with, with adventures getting longer and more involved as the group settles and the game progresses.

Characters:

Sourcebooks - I have modules for the PHB, DMG, SCAG, VGtM, and UA. I am unlikely to approve any Mystic characters until I am a bit more familiar with the mechanics. I will be adding some Planescape backgrounds and races that aren't among the standard options from the 5e books, based on the AD&D 2nd Ed Material.

Level - Characters will begin at level 3

Ability Scores - 33 points, standard costs, plus 16 costs 11 points.

Hit points - Maximum for level 1, you can roll or take the average after that.

Backgrounds – You can customise your background as per PHB (pick 2 skills; pick 2 from tools, instruments, games, or languages; pick 1 perk). Rolling, or just selecting Personality, Ideals, Bonds, and Flaws from the tables is fine, but that’s not a complete background. You need some story; 1 A4 page should be enough, not looking for novels. Good stories that I can tie into future plots might earn you a free Feat. You are encouraged to connect your backgrounds to other PC's.

Alignments - evil or traditionally non-co-operative alignments or character concepts, will be actively discouraged. If your character can't work as part of a group, you need a new character.

Deities – Clerics and Paladins need at least one, likewise archetypes for other classes with divine aspects (e.g. Favoured Soul). Druids and Rangers (and connected archetypes) – may choose a deity, but general “nature worship” is sufficient. Arcane / Non-magical types – up to you.

Multiclassing - possible with justification (via background or roleplay), e.g. characters showing no interest in religion, will be unlikely to suddenly become Clerics or Paladins, characters that have never stepped outside a city will find it difficult to become a Barbarian, Druid, or Ranger. Combinations that give two different kinds of spellcasting (e.g. Wizard/Cleric) will be expected to take appropriate traditions/domains e.g. no Light Domain Clerics with Shadow Magic.

Equipment – standard starting equipment (Background + Class), plus a “wish list” for approval of reasonable non-magical extras. (Think in terms of tools, a particular weapon, maybe a horse for transport, that sort of thing)

Just poke with any questions.

Nameless1
June 10th, 2017, 20:36
I am down.. i love planescape

Iluminatos13
June 10th, 2017, 21:59
I'm in the EU time zone and I am itching to play d&d again. Uhm where do I sign up? Do I need to pm you?

Infamouse
June 13th, 2017, 14:58
Would love to join. have multiple char ideas. main idea at the moment would be a Ghostwise Halfling, Ranger with the Monster Slayer Conclave from UA. grew up in the wilds always trying to find the biggest game to hunt and kill. he priced himself on being able to kill big baddies while him being so small and it gave him great pride. after a while the regular hunting grounds had no challenges left for him and he started to wonder to different parts of the realm and also into different planes of existence to search for his biggest and baddest trophy yet.

Other idea is a Lore Wizard who is bend on travelling to all the planes of existence to get as much knowledge on magic as he can find. (think Deckard Cain from diablo series)
but as i have no idea what the other people are playing i don't mind adjusting my character to fit the group.

have been playing regularly with a group on FG on sunday so i am familiar with the system.