PDA

View Full Version : 2 to 3 inventory lists on character sheet?

Gordon228
May 26th, 2017, 20:03
i have a huge problem now and that is i need to have 3 inventory lists frames working but i have no idea on how to get it working. i have 2 files for testing of the char_invlist.lua but it seems to only reference the original. how do i make it reference others so i can have more then one? also where is the specific window located that pops up so you can add stuff to said item?

as always thanks for all the help.

Bidmaron
May 26th, 2017, 20:25
Your post is completely without context Gordon and no one is going to be able to help you without knowing what ruleset at the very least you are concerned with.

Gordon228
May 26th, 2017, 20:28
well i am make a new ruleset aka BESM 3rd ed it's slow going but my main focus is the character sheet once i have that done i can spend all the time needed to finish the other stuff.

Trenloe
May 26th, 2017, 20:35
The inventory screen uses a windowlist to display the items. Info on windowlists here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/windowlist.xcp

The windowlist used by the inventory will have a datasource which determines where the data is stored in the database and a class that determines the <windowclass> which displays the controls and functionality of each line in the list. This windowclass will have a link control that will determine the <windowclass> of the popup window.

The easiest approach is to have a different windowlist, with a different datasource for each inventory lists you want in the character sheet.

Gordon228
May 26th, 2017, 20:38
Thanks

Ken L
May 28th, 2017, 16:15
I have an extension that creates 'lockers' where a locker can be owned by a player and they can drag/drop item links between lockers and their character sheet inventory. So perhaps they have their Remmington Room Sweeper in the ship locker, Their Glock AP in the 'black suit case', and on their person they have their AK-342. You can create a similar extension.

Gordon228
May 28th, 2017, 17:09
i got what i need. i now need to learn how to lua math lol

Andraax
May 28th, 2017, 17:50
I have an extension that creates 'lockers' where a locker can be owned by a player and they can drag/drop item links between lockers and their character sheet inventory. So perhaps they have their Remmington Room Sweeper in the ship locker, Their Glock AP in the 'black suit case', and on their person they have their AK-342. You can create a similar extension.

Is this extension publicly available?

Ken L
May 28th, 2017, 18:53
Is this extension publicly available?
It's a personal extension. Suffice to say the problem is solvable, just requires some figurative elbow grease.

Andraax
May 29th, 2017, 00:55
It's a personal extension. Suffice to say the problem is solvable, just requires some figurative elbow grease.

I know it's solvable, was just trying to save some time.

Ken L
May 29th, 2017, 09:26
Power to you then, my extension however remains private for me and my groups.