PDA

View Full Version : New Pisian: A homebrew game inspired by Forgotten Realms

longarms
January 15th, 2006, 05:11
Sunday nights weekly, 7:30-11pm eastern standard time. Seeking a smaller group to keep the roleplaying and combat exciting and fast paced. Players are expected to be good typists, reliable and interested in both combat and roleplaying. See the game calendar for more information! Contact me at my email address posted on my game calendar entry.

I posted some information from that game calendar entry below

Genre
A campaign of low-power, low-level adventures mixing both urban and countryside adventures with an open ended roguish theme.

Ruleset / Setting
We use 3.5ed core rules. These core rules are augmented with some special house-rules to emphasize the style of the campaign. These house rules are available to players in an easy to read word document.

Campaign description
Six hundred years ago the ranger Lomar discovered a new continent that was once ruled by Midgar dwarves, sea elves and wood elves. Lomar lead the Pisian (human) government to quickly establish Deepwater, a unique city with an underground river-harbor.

The Pisians used Deepwater to export salt from the mountain-ocean wasteland that was once home to the sea-elves. This salt trade lead to a golden age that spurred the founding of several other cities: Looskan, New Lomar, Stillwater, New Midgar, Vensai, and more.

The salt caravan route starts in Vensai located at the bottom of the now dry mountain-ocean wasteland. From there the route goes east through the parched wasteland until reaching the beginning of The Aquaduct. The route then continues east on the now unused Aquaduct until reaching New Midgar, a city carved into a former mountain pass. From there, the route travels south through an ever-dark thirty five mile wide shallow-river thickly dotted with the massive conifers that form Stillwater Forest. After reaching the town named Stillwater the route goes south following the coastal cliffs until ending at Deepwater.

Fiftey years ago the salt trade matured and the golden age began to wane. Recently, however, the export of Oflous star-metal, gold, 50' diameter conifer-timber south of Stillwater forrest and donkey-elephants from Vensai has started a second golden age in New Pisian. Adventurers in this world find themselves in this still unexplored land eager to share in a portion of the overabundant riches and explore the shadows of the formerly glorious Midgar-dwarven empire.

dde
January 20th, 2006, 22:52
mm sounds very intresting :)

linkmaxwell
January 24th, 2006, 06:01
I'd be up for it.

Seyvern
January 28th, 2006, 03:52
But I would like to start again.. Do you still have room?

-Greg

longarms
January 28th, 2006, 17:21
Yes I still have room for one, maybe two more players. I sent you a PM.

JMOxx75
January 29th, 2006, 23:00
I am interested in playing however I'm not sure what you're looking for. On the calendar I put that I would like to play a human rogue but I am willing to play whatever is needed to balance out the party.

I have played D&D since 1st edition but I have never played over the internet because no program was written well enough IMHO to do so. Then I found fantasygrounds and decided I would like to try it out.

SurlyDwarf
January 30th, 2006, 00:26
I just signed up on the calendar and am looking forward to it. I am a long-time gamer who enjoys all aspects of the game. First time with FG, though, and that, too, is exciting.