PDA

View Full Version : Help a noob with a few issues in FG

Patrilicus
May 26th, 2017, 16:12
Hello Fantasy Grounds!

I purchased this application a few days ago and I must say that I am absolutely blown away by this community!

Alone the application is impressive but very intimidating. With the community and all the mods and extensions I've loaded I've gone from over my head to thrilled and ready to GM my next campaign.

I cannot say enough good things about the work you guys have been able to do! Truly remarkable!

I do have a few hiccups I was hoping I could get some help with in terms of character creation. I've downloaded ALL of the mods available and have activated them in fantasy grounds but I still have a few issues in the following areas:

Campaign ruleset : PFRPG

When creating a new character I am able to drag and drop a race and a class to my character flawlessly. There do seem to be a few things that won't automatically change.

Racial bonuses and traits need to be manually input and attributes manually adjusted.

Skill points allowed adjust for each class level added (as well as favored class bonuses) but racial bonuses (+1 skill point per level for humans) do not.

Speed Issue resolved. Thank you Trenloe

Bonus feats and proficiency for classes don't get added in when you choose a class as well as, for example, choosing a favored weapon for fighters at lvl 5.

I understand that there are some limitations for character creations in FG but I was wondering if building a module could potentially address some of these issues. I am more that happy with what the community has made so far so these things are quite minor. However, if there is a module floating around somewhere that I am unaware of or I am just interfacing improperly I would appreciate that feedback.

Thanks again for everything FG community!

-Patrilicus

Trenloe
May 26th, 2017, 16:17
Welcome to the forums Patrilicus

Which modules are you using when you drag/drop race and class data to the character sheet? A lot of the community modules were made before the recent addition of full drag/drop class/race data n Fantasy Grounds (came in in v3.3.0).

Speed on the main tab is a link to the detailed speed info on the Combat tab - manage speed on the combat tab. Using the mouse wheel is for adding a temporary bonus to the base, which you see in the bubble. You can find basic info of where data is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Character_Sheet

Patrilicus
May 26th, 2017, 16:27
I am using 90% of the modules in the modules sticky thread of this forum and the PFRPG ruleset that came with FG.

I see that they were last updated in 2015 though.

Eveything works really well except for:
Racial bonuses and traits have to be added/adjusted manually
Class proficiency and bonuses (ie Fighter weapon training at lvl 5)

I'm not sure if they ever operated like that or if there is another mod out there that will do this for me.

Trenloe
May 26th, 2017, 17:32
I see that they were last updated in 2015 though.

Eveything works really well except for:
Racial bonuses and traits have to be added/adjusted manually
Class proficiency and bonuses (ie Fighter weapon training at lvl 5)

I'm not sure if they ever operated like that or if there is another mod out there that will do this for me.
Yeah, they never operated like that. When those library modules were created there was limited drag/drop functionality - i.e. it really only provided lookup reference information, not auto creation of additional features. With the official Pathfinder release (only very recent - v3.3.0 of FG), more functionality has been added to the 3.5E/PFRPG ruleset, but these modules would have to be updated to take advantage of that. Currently only the Official modules (Core Rules Pack and Advanced Player's Guide - available in the store) have such support, although I'm sure at some point the community will be start updating/producing OGL modules with more functionality.

Patrilicus
May 26th, 2017, 17:36
Thanks for the quick response.

The community work is still very, very impressive.

I am able to work around these minor inconveniences without much hassle anyways.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't needlessly spending time on it.

Nylanfs
May 27th, 2017, 23:56
For character creation i reccomend PCGen for complex charafters.