Day of week and time: Saturday 27th May 2017
Planned Duration & Frequency: One shot - for as long as it takes to complete
Term: One Shot

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: FG Discord Channel https://discord.gg/rHpubnt

Roleplay & Combat mix: 1%/99%
Number of Players: Minimum 4 Maximum 6
Character starting level & equipment:6th level
Character restrictions: Any published WotC material (PHB, SCAG, Volo, EE (Pregens are available))

Details of scenario: Your deaths are inevitable!

A dryad druid named Hyacinth has recently learned of a ruined village called Tanaroa on the shores of the mysterious Isle of Dread. Now she hopes to land there and delve into the ruins of this long-ago society. She has chartered a ship to the island and hired adventurers to protect her. The job won't be easy, for a savage clan of orcs called the Tyrantclaw dwells on the island, along with great reptilian beasts.

This is a one off scenario where the PCs must protect a Druid whilst she performs a ritual. This will not be an easy task and a TPK is entirely possible and predictable. Only the cleverest and tactically proficient characters can hope to prevail. (This is not hype it is actually true).

Characters must be of 6th level and can have 3 magic items, one rare and two common/uncommon. Characters also have up to 1500gp to spend on other gear and equipment but only two items can be consumables (For this purpose I will accept scrolls and potions as consumables - rather than magic items). I have a number of pregenerated characters available but you can create your own if you like provided you send me the XML file at least 4 hours before game time so that I can check it out (i.e I must have it by 3pm GMT on Saturday - no exceptions)

Sign up on the Game Calendar here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2560)

If this is a success I will run this a number of times since characters can accumulate glory points.

kelanel
May 26th, 2017, 02:01
Here ya go. See you then :D

Zacchaeus
May 26th, 2017, 02:11
Welcome to the forums kelanel. I'll check that one in.

dmccoy1693
May 26th, 2017, 02:28
Good day. What method of ability score generation do you use?

Forgive me if this should be obvious. This is my first time using fantasy grounds.

Delm74
May 26th, 2017, 06:52
This looks like a fun opportunity especially for us Europe-based gamers.

I can't make it this Saturday due to a prior commitment but I do hope it is a success for future runs! I would definitely want to jump in with this in one of the next go-arounds!

[Toasts TPK]

kelanel
May 26th, 2017, 07:27

Forgive me if this should be obvious. This is my first time using fantasy grounds.

He mentioned using either the 27 point buy system ( example (https://1-dot-encounter-planner.appspot.com/point-buy-calculator.html)) or standard array (15/14/13/12/10/8) assigned to stats of your choosing. both are in the PHB (page 13).

if you need help building, i can have you jump on discord and join my session to build out of.

Zacchaeus
May 26th, 2017, 08:47

Whichever method you like, I have no preference.

Zacchaeus
May 26th, 2017, 08:48
This looks like a fun opportunity especially for us Europe-based gamers.

I can't make it this Saturday due to a prior commitment but I do hope it is a success for future runs! I would definitely want to jump in with this in one of the next go-arounds!

[Toasts TPK]

Indeed. So far zero European players signed up. :D

Zacchaeus
May 26th, 2017, 11:09
Anyone wanting to create a character for this one can log in from now until almost game time to my server. I may not always be here but you can leave a note in chat anyway.

Alias is smelly ogre firm ogre

Fencer
May 26th, 2017, 15:38
is there room yet for 1 more player?

Zacchaeus
May 26th, 2017, 15:49
Currently 6 people have and been accepted, so technically no. There's always the possibility of a drop out, but I'm going to close off accepting new players for the moment.

Fencer I'll put you as first reserve if you want.

Fencer
May 26th, 2017, 15:55
ok thank you

Tabarkus
May 26th, 2017, 22:22
Here's my character and token.

dmccoy1693
May 27th, 2017, 04:52
So I made my character. Quick question:

I have 648 gold left to spend (buying stuff out of the PHB only) I'm not sure what else to buy.

dmccoy1693
May 27th, 2017, 05:01
Nevermind, I figured it out.

dmccoy1693
May 27th, 2017, 05:05
Ok did it upload this time?

Zacchaeus
May 27th, 2017, 09:18
Yes, uploaded in (plenty of) time. Checking now.

I still need characters from Stormwolfe and gazalam; but I still have 8 pregens to choose from if they aren't submitted in time.

Stormwolfe
May 27th, 2017, 11:06
I put two PCs in the game server and will decide when I see what the party make up is and see if a tank or cleric is needed more. You can see them there.. They are 95% done, just need to tweek my inventory a bit. See you there!

Zacchaeus
May 27th, 2017, 11:40
Yep, got them. Thanks and we'll see you later.

dmccoy1693
May 27th, 2017, 12:44
What time does it begin again? 1800 GMT, yes?

Zacchaeus
May 27th, 2017, 12:46
19.00 gmt

Trenloe
May 27th, 2017, 13:28
19.00 gmt
GMT or BST (British Summer Time)? There's a one hour difference.

Zacchaeus
May 27th, 2017, 13:58
GMT or BST (British Summer Time)? There's a one hour difference.

Oh, for goodness sake. Yes it's BST which means GMT +1; but I'll be on at my six o'clock anyway. I hate clock changes.

EDIT: and I though the game calendar worked all of that out anyway. I put it in at 19.00 my time so I assumed that would take account of the stupid extra hour and it would show in the Calendar correctly for anyone in a different time zone.

Trenloe
May 27th, 2017, 14:27
...but I'll be on at my six o'clock anyway...
19:00 GMT is 20:00 BST (8pm your time). So hope the players aren't late!

(Sorry, timezone confusions are a pet peez of mine...)

EDIT: and I though the game calendar worked all of that out anyway. I put it in at 19.00 my time so I assumed that would take account of the stupid extra hour and it would show in the Calendar correctly for anyone in a different time zone.
It does - I saw it as noon my time when I looked a couple of days ago, and I'm GMT-6 currently. So FG game calendar working OK - if players have set it up right...

Zacchaeus
May 27th, 2017, 14:39
Yes, I hate timezone confusions too, mainly because they confuse me as well. :)

Morfedel
May 27th, 2017, 17:17
too bad you're full; my computer is sick, wont be ready til wednesday, cant run my games til then, this looked like a great chance for a one shot....

Zacchaeus
May 27th, 2017, 23:22
Thanks to everyone who played tonight. Great fun and no-one died!

Morfedel
May 28th, 2017, 04:23
no one died?! What the heck kind of lair assault was this anyway? LOL

Thanks to everyone who played tonight. Great fun and no-one died!

Stormwolfe
May 29th, 2017, 03:51
Thanks for hosting this adventure Zacc.. I had a lot of fun... It was a very tough battle with a few touch and go moments..... but we indeed prevailed!