PDA

View Full Version : PF Ruleset Data Entry overwrite issue

DM|Mag
May 24th, 2017, 00:26
Hi there folks. I've asked on the FG Discord and was told to come here by Zacchaeus. I'm having an issue of when I type things into my NPC window, not touching my mouse at all, the cursor will auto-highlight and delete randomly whatever I've been typing. I've done the following:

*Checked Video Card: Up to Date as of today.
*Checked Windows Graphics Settings: Are what they should be after a small issue yesterday setting me from 32 to 16 bit color, no change on this issue.
*Rebooted FG.
*Verified Files in Steam.
*Rebooted PC.

I was having this issue when running Xsplit to stream on Twitch, and I got some video showing what exactly I mean which I will link below. I ruled out that even if I shut off stream and Xsplit, reboot and try again, it still occurs. So it's not only occurring when Xsplit is running.

I'm running: Win7, while running Discord and Chrome and Spotify all at the same time, if that matters on a dual monitor setup, but I imagine I'm not the only person running several basic programs checking SRD, and with discord and music running.

BAB issue: https://youtu.be/VwbfobgnCC0
Skill and BAB: https://youtu.be/2M0wiWLoLUY

Has anyone had this issue before? Is there a fix I should try? What should be taking me a 20 minute build per unique NPC statblock is doubling my time due to these issues. :/

Trenloe
May 24th, 2017, 00:44
The highlighting is due to the mouse cursor being present over those fields, and highlighting a valid roll as you enter it. After clicking in the field, move the mouse cursor away from the field, then type in the data.

DM|Mag
June 7th, 2017, 11:25
Odd, I just absolutely missed that. Also, never got a notice about the reply, so thanks for replying and noticing that. So, it's designed to essentially create more work for the user while inputting data into fields *or* force them to use Tab and go through each field successively. Noted.

Trenloe
June 7th, 2017, 15:26
It's not designed to create more work, it's action parsing of the string which makes it usable in automation. Just move the mouse away slightly after clicking in the box.