PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon (hopefully!): Ebberon campaign for D&D noobs

Aiydin
January 13th, 2006, 08:41
I'm fishing for interest in an Ebberon campaign for D&D 3.5 and Fantasygrounds noobs. People who don't mind learning the rules along with the GM(s). There will be two of us running the games alternating back and forth each session. We're thinking 4-6 people. Once there's enough interest we'll get our schedules straight and post the game on the calendar.

We'd probably also welcome 1 or 2 experienced GMs to play along with us (as long as they are of the patient sort) to give us pointers if they see something that we could be doing to enhance the gameplay for everyone.

Thanks!

Bware
January 13th, 2006, 13:44
I am not a dnd noob, but could use the experience in FG .. and willing to help along others in learning DND.

So if you need a devoted player, contact me ;-)

Maelstrom78
January 13th, 2006, 17:52
Howdy,

Well I am an experienced DM, but I'm fairly new to FG (I still forget to use the OOC button sometimes!) :) Anyway... depending on what day it is... I'm booked up for Saturday nights, and can't game on Sunday. But Friday night or any weekday/night would be fine EST. So keep me in mind:>

Aiydin
January 13th, 2006, 23:28
We may just have enough people already. No noobs, but everyone sounds like they'd be fun to run a game with.

A quick update on the campaign. I was thinking of running a modified version of shadows of the last war that was put out by the same guy who wrote the eberron campaign.

Bware
January 14th, 2006, 13:39
Any idea about playing times yet ? I'm in Europe ...

ToddLandon
January 16th, 2006, 01:46
I am interested in playing, I’m going to consider myself a noob because it has been about 20 years since the last time I played :) so I am re-reading all the new books to catch up.

Andugus
January 16th, 2006, 01:53
I am interested in playing. I am a total noob with this Fantasy Ground tool. I am experienced at RPG gaming.

My availability is limited, but good choices for me on regular times are Sunday after 1PM EST til about 10PM EST. Saturday Evening from 5PM EST til about midnight EST.

roguetrada
January 16th, 2006, 02:38
i'd also be interested, but i've never played 3.5 ed, and i'm not 100% on ebberon(and you probably guessed that i'm new to FG too)

dreign
January 16th, 2006, 05:25
I am new to 3.0 & 3.5 rules and Eberron. I am also new to FG. I have not played DnD for about 15 years. I would love the chance to join this campaign.

Thanks

seantree
January 17th, 2006, 20:21
Would like to join also. havent played D&D for years and am brand new to FG but would love to give it a go.

Aiydin
January 19th, 2006, 05:02
Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm in the middle of an application process for a new job so time has been a little tight. At any rate we've decided to write our own adventure. A large undertaking for 2 guys new to GMing and 3.5 in general but we're really getting into it. We're furiously pouring over our dungeon master's guides and various campaign settings to give this adventure a very unique feel. Those of you that are interested keep watching this thread and the game calendar. As soon as we are done planning out the majority of the events and writing up our NPCs something will be posted.

Right now we are looking at the following campaign materials to add into our eberron adventure. The adventure will follow eberron rules but will borrow classes or elements of the following:

Oriental Adventures
Ghostwalk
Heros of horror
Sharn: City of Towers

No one need buy the materials to be involved. Everyone who wants to play will get all necessary info on included classes, rules, etc.

Xavier Quicksilver
January 19th, 2006, 19:13
I am familiar with D&D but have never actually played due to no one in my area being interested in doing so. I will be purchasing FG in the next week or so and even if I can't join your game Aiydin I'd like to see if there was enough interest in those at our level (complete newbies to D&D and FG) that we could get a game going and some help from an experienced player or GM.

I've never tried doing this because I am unclear on whether I should have a character ready to go, how they should be equiped, etc. I need some help but I am willing to be a regular participant.

RancidTurnip
January 20th, 2006, 15:21
If you could count me in the want-to-play list that would be great. I am not new to D&D but am new to FG. Thanks =)

dde
January 20th, 2006, 22:41
i guesse the party is full ?
if not, count me in :)

i have some expierence with D&D3.5
contact me if u need me

Aiydin
January 27th, 2006, 04:33
Just letting everyone know things are rolling along. Just a bit of information for those waiting. Any character class from ghostwalk, eberron, Forgotten Realms, the core rules, heroes of horror, and oriental adventures will be allowed in the game (although the core classes will work just fine. Please don't feel that you need to go out and buy each of these campaigns/excessories). Please keep the races to non-powerful races (there's a sidebar about them in the forgotten realms campaign setting) and keep in mind that this campaign will be undead heavy.

For those new to D&D, prior to the initial gaming session we will have a character rolling and rule explaination session were basics of the game will be explained as we understand them. Experienced players are welcome to join in helping explain. We may even have the characters buy all of their equipment in character to explain some rules and rolling, etc.

SurlyDwarf
January 30th, 2006, 01:58
I know you're still gauging interest, but any ideas for a schedule yet?

Lord Robert of Worcester
January 30th, 2006, 04:01
I'm another player interested in a eborron campain.

lord robert