PDA

View Full Version : Noob to FG, player, willing to commit to long term game.

ChadHale
May 23rd, 2017, 01:09
My name: Chad Hale
Status: 120% male, married, age 45, Scorpio, disabled Veteran,
Experience: almost everything and anything you can imagine since 1978.
looking for: anything.

wish: I would like to learn to use FG better.
My favored character archetype tends to resemble: a psychic - limited precognitive.

*For example, in 5e D&D. Unearthed arcana: Mystic - order of the awakened eye. Variant human with a feat at first level. Feat: observant, passive perception and investigate get a +5, with the order bonus applied to the perception skill. A "vistani" fluff text for my background, and use the background to pick-up thief tool proficiency and disable traps/locks etc. passive perception and investigation don't exactly make sensing danger automatic, but that comes with leveling, psi talents, psi disciplines, and other feats.

*in Pathfinder: unchained rogue, "Varisian" half-elf, max wisdom and perception, invest skills ( 3 move: acrobatics, climb, stealth swim. 3 rogue: disable device, perception, stealth. 3 face: bluff, diplomacy, sense motive. ) feats: class-weapon finesse, race-Skillfoc perception. 1st- sharp senses, 3rd- alertness, 5th skill focus sense motive. rogue talents in order -2, trap spotter. 4, canny observer 6, certainty (sense motive). rogue's edge: Sense motive. though this character is not psychic per sae, with trap sense, evasion, danger sense, uncanny dodge, and the traits: reactionary, and seeker... may as well be.

*in savage worlds: take the allotted hindrances (1 major, 2 minor) to purchase additional edges: Novice edge - Danger sense, Human bonus - Alertness, hindrance 1 - quick-draw, hindrance 2 - first strike. future advancement, improved first strike, counterattack, improved counter attack, withdraw and improved withdraw.

*Savage worlds supers: a tweak on the above: super karma major hindrance "Out of his league" ( in a 45 power point game the maximum spent on a power is 9 ) - Awareness 5pt, danger sense 2pt, heightened sense (+spatial) "esp" 3pt, speed(+blinding ref) 4pt, Extra action 3 pt, mind reading 3pt, uncanny dodge 8pt (at max), (illusion+obscure 6pts this simulates "psychic invisibility") remainder of points divide among super stats, super skill, super edges.

*in mutants and Masterminds: human, psychic, ( Stats psychic warrior, skills athletic and ninja, power category "telepathic" list an extra sensory power as a 24pt main, with psychic invisibility and psychic knife as 1 pt alternates. Defense power is precognitive reactions, utility is another "psychic awareness" )

*In BESM: a normal human with a hybrid of martial artist/ninja/psychic archetype, somethings are dropped to make way to purchase others. The purpose is to appear precognitive, psychic. not a tournament encyclopedia, not a walking arsenal, not a sword master.

*in DC adventure's: the character would be a bit like "The black bat - Cassandra Cain" although, rather than merely analyzing a person's moves/combat style this is bona fide real precognitive combat and criminal investigation isn't via expensive bases, Gotham PD lab connections, and Wayne tech resources. More like psychometry/object reading. As to psychic invisibility, think of it as being akin to Stephen king's description of being "Dim", you become a blind spot.

just throwin' it out there.

JerryRig
May 23rd, 2017, 17:46
We are starting a new Pathfinder Campaign on Friday evenings and have openings for players if your interested take a peek HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38409-Hells-Rebels-Pathfinder-AP-looking-for-players)

I am a retired Army veteran myself.