PDA

View Full Version : Image Becoming Unshared

Nickademus
May 22nd, 2017, 23:51
Is there a reason why an image from a module would stop being public when a ruleset is reloaded (or FG restarts).
This is assuming that

The module is NOT updated.
The module is NOT closed by the GM.
The image is NOT unshared manually by the GM.

I'm seeing images go from having the circled-P symbol in the masterindex to no circle-P upon using /reload. It doesn't do it ever time; the images stay shared for a while then something changes and images from certain modules (but not others) become unshared upon /reload, returning to the launcher, or closing and restarting FG.

Moon Wizard
May 24th, 2017, 02:17
As far as I'm aware, there's nothing in the rulesets I built that would do that. The only times the ruleset sets sharing to false is: when /flushdb command used, when clicking on circled P/S to unshare in the campaign record list, or when toggling public option in note records.

Since the database is separate from the ruleset code and the sharing/public state of data nodes is stored in the database, these should persist through reloads.

If you end up with a reproduceable scenario, please let me know, so I can make sure there are no bugs.

Regards,
JPG

Nickademus
May 24th, 2017, 04:26
I'm not sure if this is happening for everyone, but I can reproduce this:

1. Start a new campaign
2. Open the PHB module
3. Open the Maps/Images masterindex
4. Open the first image (Abilities from the Artwork section)
5. Share it with the radial menu
6. Close the image and return to the launcher with the radial menu
7. Enter the new campaign again
8. Open the Maps/Image masterindex

The Abilities image is no longer shared.

EDIT: Using the /reload command doesn't seem to unshare the images, but exiting the program and starting FG up again also unshares.

Moon Wizard
May 24th, 2017, 17:53
Thanks for the detailed steps to recreate. It allowed me to quickly figure out what is happening.

The images in the reference manual sections are in a read-only branch of the module data. So, the sharing state does not currently get saved between sessions.

For adventure/campaign data, that information is not stored in a read-only section of the module/database, so that sharing information does get saved.

Let me think about this a bit to see if sharing state should be saved for read-only data, and what the ramifications would be if changed.

Thanks,
JPG

Nickademus
May 24th, 2017, 18:33
I can't see any ramifications other than the GM won't have to share the same picture each time they load up FG. The sharing mechanic is already there, so if there is any damage, it is already done.

I can tell you that changing this would be a great benefit for something I'm making for the community, and for something I have planned (that people have been asking for a lot).