PDA

View Full Version : LFG Weeknights EST US for 5e

War Pig
May 22nd, 2017, 23:34
FG License: Paid
Time Zone: Eastern (US) (GMT -4)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Free most evenings, anywhere from 7 Eastern on
Term: Long term or a module would be good
Voice: I can do voicechat

Game System Preferred: 5e
Game System Experience: A handful or so sessions, so I'm somewhat familiar with 5e
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Somewhat new to FG. I've played it before, but jumping into it after a long hiatus, so I'm pretty rusty

Character Type Preferred: I like playing melee based characters, as well as arcane casters. I don't hate any class, and am willing to go with what's needed (I know, I know, everyone says this)
About me: Retired dad, 42 years old, married for 20 years, and looking to jump back in now that I have more free time on my hands. I've been playing tabletops since '90ish, mostly off than on though. Played a number of different systems, and am quite familiar with previous editions, except for 4e (only ever played a single session of it). I have the core rules of 5e pretty well, I think, but am inexperienced with books other than the PH (Volo's, SCAG, etc.).

defrost1836
May 23rd, 2017, 17:18
Can you DM? I am new to FG. I have played some 5e and have tried DMing, but I still need a lot of work at it. I am in a similar situation as you - 43, kids, need to play during the week after 8 or so.

Shoestring
May 23rd, 2017, 17:31
Im "older" and would like to play after work during the week as well ....Im CST Im newer to D&D5E currently playing a roll20 weekend game...since I mainly DM'd in the past would like to try in Fantasy Grounds as a DM.

JerryRig
May 23rd, 2017, 17:41
We are launching a new pathfinder (very much like AD&D 3.5 edition) campaign and looking for players. It's a Friday evening game so if interested visit this LINK (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38409-Hells-Rebels-Pathfinder-AP-looking-for-players)

We're all mature players (I'm 49) and Rogue is 40'ish something-or-ruther as well. We will be Co-DM'ing this campaign too support its continuity happening once a week.

War Pig
May 24th, 2017, 22:13
No, I wouldn't be able to DM.

Shoestring
May 24th, 2017, 22:28
I can DM I can get the Ultimate FG and Hoard of the Dragon Queen its 1st to 5th level campaign.

WrongWriter
May 25th, 2017, 06:33
I'm 49 and recently started playing 5e after a long hiatus also. I'm available to play Sunday nights through Thursday nights. I'm pretty familiar and comfortable with 5e and have played a few games in Fantasy Grounds so I'm pretty comfortable with it too. I really like the idea of a group of players near my age. Pleae count me in when you're ready to start.

I have FG Ultimate License and would love to take a turn at DMing once I've gotten a little more familiar with FG.

I look forward to hearing from you.

WW

WrongWriter
May 25th, 2017, 07:20
I hope you don't mind, I created a calendar entry and sent each of you an invitation, just so we can get an idea of who's confirmed in and how many we have. And ultimately it can be used to schedule games and get confirmations of who can attend on specific dates and times.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2559

Shoestring
May 25th, 2017, 14:54
Im not that great at Fantasy Grounds either ... but i enjoy DM/GM more then playing I play in a Roll20 D&D5E on Saturday night and sometimes Pathfinder at the local Games shop. Maybe an everyother week Campaign DM switching im cool with that. I started a Discord Voice/Chat for this event. At work now...will post it after I get home night.

Jeremy Mills
May 25th, 2017, 20:06
Also CST. Available to start after 6:00PM. I have Ultimate and HoDQ. I don't know if it will let another DM use my stuff or not, but if it does, there ya go. I am not wanting to DM. I tried before and it went alright, but I want more time as a player before I try my hand at it again. I applied in the calendar. I am available to start next week. Strongly prefer Wednesdays, but other evenings might be possible.

FG License: Ultimate
Time Zone: Central (US) (GMT -6)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Wednesdays after 6:00PM
Term: Long term or a module would be good
Voice: I can do voicechat

Game System Preferred: 5e
Game System Experience: Played a few games and DMed one. All 5E
Fantasy Grounds Experience: DMed a campaign once (3 months), played a few other long term games.

Character Type Preferred: I've enjoyed bards and druids, but looking to branch out a little more in this one.
About me: Young professional, gamer, crafter, and recently a cosplayer. I have a long history of playing WhiteWolf games, but in the last couple years started playing D&D more.

Grimlore
May 25th, 2017, 20:43
Hi All,
I would be interested in joining as well (I applied on the calendar), but I'm MST so I would need the game to start a bit later (pref 7:30pm my time). I also have an ultimate licence and am currently DMing Curse of Strahd for another group (and own PHB, DMG, MM, SCAG, Volo), and would be interested in DM'ing that for a new group once my current group finishes. Playing in someone else's campaign for the next few weeks would be ideal!

Shoestring
May 25th, 2017, 21:53
Hi All,
I would be interested in joining as well (I applied on the calendar), but I'm MST so I would need the game to start a bit later (pref 7:30pm my time). I also have an ultimate licence and am currently DMing Curse of Strahd for another group (and own PHB, DMG, MM, SCAG, Volo), and would be interested in DM'ing that for a new group once my current group finishes. Playing in someone else's campaign for the next few weeks would be ideal!

Not sure the East Coast Players would want to start playing at 9:30pm on a Weekday.

Shoestring
May 26th, 2017, 01:27
Discord for more coordination

defrost1836
May 26th, 2017, 16:16
So, I signed up through the calendar. I should be able to play at the proposed time; however, it would be easier if we can do it a littler later. Thanks!

WrongWriter
May 26th, 2017, 17:20
The time and date on the Calendar were just random suggestions. Feel free to use the feature on the calendar to suggest a new date and/or time. Or make a suggestion here or on the Discord Channel.

WrongWriter
May 26th, 2017, 17:47
The time and date on the Calendar were just random suggestions. Feel free to use the feature on the calendar to suggest a new date and/or time. Or make a suggestion here or on the Discord Channel. Based on chat on the Discord channel to current proposed time is 7 PM EDT every other Tuesday beginning May 30th.

charged
May 27th, 2017, 18:25
Time Zone: Central -6
I can play starting at 5 on weekdays and anytime weekends.

Hey guys, I'm looking to join a long term group. I have played and am very familiar with 5e, but this will be my first time trying to play it online. I have a fairly open schedule and it looks like the times you guys are shooting for will be just fine for me.

I like to play wizards, but enjoy any class and prefer to play a role not yet covered.

Satchmo
May 29th, 2017, 01:59
Hey folks, if you've still got room I'd love to join you. I've been keeping an eye out for a good game that fits my schedule and this looks perfect.

I'm in EST Time Zone and can play anytime after 6p EST Mon - Thu.

I've been DMing 3.5e for the past several years, and I'm currently DMing a weekly 3.5e campaign over FG that's been running for about 6 months now. I'd really just love to be a player for a change.

I'm pretty comfortable with FG, but I've never played 5e. I've been wanting to try it for a while now though, and I'm a pretty quick study. I have no real character class preferences. I can play whatever role the party needs.

Daedalis
May 29th, 2017, 02:14
I am interested in joining as well! I'm free any weekday, except Friday, after 7pm cst. I already have a character concept in mind and i'm very experienced with both 5e and FG

Daedalis
May 29th, 2017, 02:18
I can DM I can get the Ultimate FG and Hoard of the Dragon Queen its 1st to 5th level campaign.

I'd play through HotDQ. Sounds fun!

Micahw2411
May 30th, 2017, 03:32
Im looking to a game on a weekday. Im new to fg my in person dnd group dissipated so I thought Id give this a try

Zerbious
May 31st, 2017, 03:35
I'm curious to the status of the game? I would be interested in a week day game, other than Tuesday night because I DM a game that night typically.

Like many of the others, 46, father of two. I am eastern and typically need to be in bed by 11pm, 5:30am comes way too early.

Chickaboom
May 31st, 2017, 15:57
I am interested in joining your campaign. I am free weeknights (except thur) from 5:00 PM CST and later. I have been playing D&D again for about a year. I played back in the 80's and recently started playing again. I will play any character class needed to round out the party. I have not played this module and I would really like to give it a go. I have signed up on the calendar and marked my availability.

War Pig
May 31st, 2017, 20:26
Thanks, folks! Right now we are looking to go ahead with what we have. I'm sure that if any other slots open up, something will be posted in a separate LFM thread.