PDA

View Full Version : Mongoose Traveller 2nd Ed - Campaign Starting

Martin153
May 22nd, 2017, 18:10
Hi.. This game will be using the MoreCore extension. I have done what I can to automate everything, but please don't expect a perfect streamlined FG experience. Some manual rolling and adjustments will be required. I am not very technical, but the ruleset seems to be able to achieve most things with a few clicks.

FG License: GM has Full .
Game System: Mongoose Traveller 2nd Ed.

Time Zone: GMT+0.
Day of week and time: Sunday Evenings at 20:00 GMT+0
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly every Sunday.
Term: Long term campaign after initial introductory scenario

Text or Voice: Voice - Discord
Roleplay & Combat mix: 70/30
Number of Players needed: 4 - 5
Character starting level & equyipment: Everything in PHB. Additional material and character options will be added during the campaign. I use base 2d6 rolls for stats. Yes you can be rubbish at things!

Details of your scenario: Setting in the Third Imperium, very loosely based around some published adventures.

Referee is an experienced mature GM based in the UK. Saying that it has been a while since I GM'd Traveller, so some patience please! I am not a rules lawyer as the flow of the game is more important to me. As mentioned I have managed to get some automation working, but there will be an element of manual rolling and calculation. So please don't expect perfection!

Preference will be given to players in my TZ (GMT) on this occasion. The first session will consist mainly of character generation, a big part of Traveller.

New players very welcome as the game will start slow until everyone (including me) is up to speed! Initial adventure is designed for players to learn the system.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2554

Martin153
May 23rd, 2017, 17:08
I am happy if players want to use 1st Ed professions etc. I have many source books..

Martin153
May 27th, 2017, 14:57
Not sure if it is the system that has generated no interest or the day suggested. How about Sundays?

Rogue
May 27th, 2017, 15:19
It would be sundays at 3 PM GMT -5 right? (New York)

Martin153
May 27th, 2017, 15:46
Gotta love the FG clock.. I make it 8PM GMT which equals EST 3PM ;).. I think...

Rogue
May 27th, 2017, 15:49
Way cool. I may be able to do this then, since I am not going hang gliding any more.

seetanh
May 27th, 2017, 19:04
3pm EST on Sundays - I am interested, however new to FG as in still trying to catch first game and if its the Traveller I am thinking of - its been 30 years or more since last played.

Martin153
May 27th, 2017, 20:36
Ok great.. The game page is on the calendar. I will send invites out! Hopefully we will get 4 or 5 ;)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=2554

Martin153
May 28th, 2017, 19:48
Still room for another 2 ;)

Martin153
May 29th, 2017, 20:21
1 space left..

Martin153
May 31st, 2017, 20:36
still looking.... ;)

Martin153
June 2nd, 2017, 07:24
Sorry guys, due to lack of interest this may have to be moved to an alternative place

cubbyav8
August 30th, 2019, 14:57
I will play - new to Fantasy Grounds but Traveler from way back (oops sorry I didn't notice how old the thread was)

esmdev
August 31st, 2019, 02:16
The good news is that an official 2E ruleset is right around the corner (in test as we type)... so there will probably be games posted once it launches.

Also, welcome to Fantasy Grounds. :)