PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds v.s. ???

cresley
January 12th, 2006, 21:47
I've been shopping game systems like Fantasy Grounds and would like people here to give me reasons why they feel this system is better (or lacking) compared with other virtual tabletop sytems.
I've looked at GhostOrb, but I am not impressed at all.
Thanks for your help.

richvalle
January 12th, 2006, 22:22
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3739

From what I remember, it covers what you are looking for.

rv

cresley
January 12th, 2006, 23:13
wow, so many post...:eek:

mr_h
January 13th, 2006, 00:45
I was just gonna point out that post I did. My group decieded on FantasyGrounds after looking at about 5 types, 2 of which were serious contenders. But that post pretty much covers it all:)

Sigurd
January 13th, 2006, 10:17
The tension is electric here in Tokyo. Around me sirens are wailing, the air is filled with squealing tires and panicked crowds seeking shelter. The clipped voice scientist has said 'Godzilla approaches'.

Yet Tokyo is not without its defenses, in this modern age. Luckily, Fantasy Grounds, by Smiteworks Ltd., is available from RPGNow. The city, expecting imminent Monster invasions, wisely opted for the full license at only 34.95. They received their download immediately -- no time to lose!

Godzilla has emerged from the harbour! The laser batteries are having little effect -- most bounce almost harmlessly off the monsters scaly hide! People are screaming! Godzilla has just grabbed an empty ferry boat and flung it into the streets. Is it time for Fantasy Grounds to make its move?

Fantasy grounds is very good at long distance connections across the Internet. After a simple setup it can reach Tokyo with the click of a mouse - no ferry boat required.

The city is going into heightened panic. Police are trying to clear the switchboards for emergency communications. Asian operators at enormously out of date switchboards are frantically plugging and unplugging wires.

Fantasy grounds uses the TCP/IP protocol and requires only one port be set up in your firewall to connect to the server. You own the server and client software - no external operators are required. The program keeps it simple.

Unfortunately Tokyo is in mayhem dealing with the huge beast! Airplanes are swatted from the sky. The cities traffic grid is in ruins! Harbour sushi shops are being trampled - will the noodle shops ever recover?

Fantasy grounds allows all sorts of different monsters constrained only by your imagination. By working with every standard windows graphic format you can use hexes or grids or any illustration you want. Fantasy grounds even includes a scalable grid overlay to help you and your players establish distance, scale and work out spell affects and melee.

In the midst of the carnage everyone is thoughtful. What will Fantasy Grounds do in this titanic struggle? Everyone looks at each other and then to the New Download. Mothers stop their crying, children consider the options!

Fantasy Grounds doesn't lock you into one plot line! Each game can be different with a whole new plot! Tokyo doesn't have to be destroyed a 1000th time!

People cheer! Games masters, D20 rule set in hand, offer new challenges! Perhaps Tokyo really should have 900' walls, and a spaceport, and Godzilla should be a really keen real estate salesman showing properties to prospective customers from Alpha Centauri... perhaps not.

The City is Saved!

(or perhaps it isn't -- You Decide!)

'Godzilla' is a trademark of TohoCo.,Ltd.
'Fantasy Grounds' is a trademark of SmiteWorks Ltd.
'd20 System' and the d20 System logo are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. in the United States and other countries.

Sigurd

Couldn't resist

richvalle
January 13th, 2006, 13:24
LOL Very funny!

cresley
January 13th, 2006, 13:35
Nice sales pitch. Now do one with baby godzilla.