PDA

View Full Version : Hotkeys question

Hex08
May 22nd, 2017, 02:58
There is a player in my group who likes moving a lot of his rolls (weapons, skills, etc) to his hotkeys. When he then uses those hotkeys in the chat window after his roll is shows [ASSIST]. Any idea what the [ASSIST] means? Is there a reason why he shouldn't make these rolls from the hotkey?

Nickademus
May 22nd, 2017, 03:18
The [ASSIST] tag happens when Shift is held and a skill roll is made. Likewise, if a skill is on a Shift hotbar, the skill will always have the tag. The [ASSIST] tag does nothing in FG other than let the GM know that you are assisting with a skill roll rather than making your own roll. You can avoid putting skills on the Shift hotbars or just ignore them from now on.

Trenloe
May 22nd, 2017, 03:23
The [ASSIST] tag is added to a skill roll if the SHIFT key is pressed when the skill roll is made. I'm guessing this player has that skill check on the SHIFT hotkey bar (the extra bar available when you press the SHIFT key).

As a note/FYI (in case and/or the player isn't aware): The hotkeys aren't a direct link to the current roll/action data on the character sheet (or anywhere else), they are a copy of the link made at that time. The players will need to keep this in mind when they level/make changes to their character sheet - they will need to recreate hotkey links that have changed.

Hex08
May 22nd, 2017, 03:52
Great, thanks. I will make sure the player is aware that they don't update automatically