PDA

View Full Version : Hells Rebels: Pathfinder AP looking for players

Rogue
May 21st, 2017, 08:10
Hey there!
I am putting together a Hells Rebels AP game and would like YOU (Yes, you) to apply! This will NOT be a first-come-first-served game, there will be a short interview process to go through, and then the players will be chosen from there. Please ensure that if you are interested in this game, that you read all of the information below.

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: Pathfinder

Time Zone: EDT USA (New York)
Day of week and time: Friday evenings at 6:00 PM
If new game, planned start date: June 9th
Planned Duration & Frequency: Duration will be about four no longer than five hours, once a week.
Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice only
Voice software used: Personal Teamspeak server

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40
Number of Players in game & needed: Need 6 total.
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1, Max gold and Max HP per level. Two traits and a drawback plus one free trait from the players guide. A copy of the players guide will be provided to those who make the final cut.
Character restrictions: Please only use core races, and classes from the Advanced Players guide are allowed. Further house rules and character creation will be provided AFTER the players have been chosen.

Details of your scenario: I will be providing a copy of the Hells Rebels Players guide, it is strongly recommended that you read through it, it provides a lot of valuable information.

Link to Gamecalendar page: Coming soon for those who make the final cut. We will be using the calendar to keep in touch, as well as email information.

Well, that is it in a nutshell, so if I still have your attention, then by all means, contact me and set up a time to interview. The best place to reach me is either here by PM, or you can find me under the pathfinder section in the FG-CON TeamSpeak server most of the time.
Thank you for reading this all the way through, and have a great Role-Playing day!!

Rogue

Marswipp
May 22nd, 2017, 15:46
I have room in my schedule for this game.

JerryRig
May 22nd, 2017, 16:40
I dunno ...Marswipp is cut from a very fine piece of cloth Rogue. Your going to have to be very crafty with this one too keep him from killing everything you spend hours building and preparing with.

pierce768
May 23rd, 2017, 17:12
Hey Jerry! Love to be part of one of your games again. Haven't played in a while but Fridays are open for me now.

JerryRig
May 23rd, 2017, 17:33
Sweet. Rogue is primary on this posting but were going to share DM this campaign if that still appeals to you please apply here and get in contact with Rogue (you may very well have played with her in one of my campaigns as well). I'm often on the FG teamspeak server if you want to chat.

I'm going to be playing a primarily support role character (Healer type) so that part can be covered and allows for a lot of choices by others.

ChadHale
May 23rd, 2017, 20:16
darn it, how does one delete a post?

ChadHale
May 23rd, 2017, 20:29
And one "psychic", half elven rogue signing up.
This character is a bit focused on defeating locks, traps, and "psychically" avoiding danger,
not so much on combat, thus it isn't overlap with the other rogue.

as it stands, my character is under the delusion that he is some form of psychic.

*in Pathfinder:
unchained rogue, "Varisian" half-elf, max wisdom and perception, invest skills
3 move: acrobatics, climb, swim.
3 rogue: disable device, perception, stealth.
3 face: bluff, diplomacy, sense motive.
feats:
class-weapon finesse,
race-Skillfoc perception.
1st- sharp senses,
3rd- alertness,
5th- skill focus sense motive.
7th- decietful
9th- combat expertise
11th- misdirection redirection
13th- misdirection attack
rogue talents:
2, trap spotter.
4, canny observer
6, certainty (sense motive).
8, follow clues
10, combat trick (gain feat: misdirection tactics)
rogue's edge: Sense motive.
traits: reactionary, and seeker. Regional recluse: Ilsuria - gain +1 survival, and proficient with light shield.
though this character is not psychic per sae,
with trap sense, evasion, danger sense, uncanny dodge,
and debilitating strikes, he may as well be.

Background story: a former militia member of Ilsuria. He was infatuated with the tavern maid, when the squire of the watch captain planned to "deflower the Wench", and He stood to defend her honor...
and killed the squire.
This would not bode well, He had to leave. He took to the road funding his travel with "harrow readings".
Albeit such readings were bogus...
potential drawback based on background story.
Guilty Fraud: You received something through trickery that you did not deserve. Guilt for the misdeed distracts you from dangers around you.
Effect(s): You take a –4 penalty on Bluff checks against creatures with an attitude toward you of indifferent or better.

JerryRig
May 23rd, 2017, 21:06
Rogue will get back with ya to meet up and go over her interview she posted on ...sounds like a very interesting character to run around in the company of.

Daedalis
May 24th, 2017, 04:57
Hey, new to the forum. How do I apply properly?

Rogue
May 24th, 2017, 07:08
hey Daedalis. Basically, you just did.

ChadHale
May 25th, 2017, 07:51
How is character creation and submitting to you done?

Do you have a method for generating ability scores?
Array: 16,15,14,13,12,11?
PF-point buy: how many points do we get? 28? 30?
roll before GM- substitute six: roll three d6, remove the lowest number and replace with a 6.
just curious.

earlier in this thread, is the character Idea I have posted Good To Go (GTG)?

JerryRig
May 25th, 2017, 14:50
Rogue uses 25 point buy system. I think the character concept is well thought out ...Rogue I think he has a keeper ...what's your take?

Rogue
May 25th, 2017, 17:08
Looks like a fun character to run, but he still needs to go through the interview process. :)

ChadHale
May 25th, 2017, 19:06
hmm, 25 points.
16 = 10
15 = 7
14 = 5
13 = 3
12 = 2
11 = 1
this chart?

I would go, 13 strength (cost 3), 16 dexterity (cost 10), 10 constitution (cost 0), 12 intellect (cost 2), 14 Wisdom (cost 5), 14 charm (cost 5)
10+5+5+3+2+0= 25 points. apply the racial floating +2 to dexterity to turn it into 18. why? quick beats dead, nuff sed.
Equipment: aside from a light traveling rogue's basic pack,
"parade armor" that looks a lot like this 19117 but tailored for a man,
left hip short bow with a side holster like this 19118, a short sword and a light steel shield.

ChadHale
May 27th, 2017, 05:58
so, this interview? when, where, and what?
via teamspeak, or Private messages?
I too would like to know more.

JerryRig
May 27th, 2017, 16:37
Usually she will meet up with folks via the Teamspeak(TS) fantasy Grounds provides ...she is on most mornings. She's gone for several hours today (Saturday) but tomorrow morning she will be on TS.

ChadHale
May 29th, 2017, 01:39
Okay, so in the mornin; jump on FG Teamspeak and look for Rogue, any specific handle and room?
found the look, for my character: 1915319154

Lemme know if you can see the images.

Rogue
May 29th, 2017, 12:05
I wont be on long this morning, I've got a memorial day parade and a speech that my father in law is giving. Should be back by this evening. I'll be in the pathfinder channel, look for rogue.

iccubis
May 29th, 2017, 22:45
I would love to do this but I am doing things most Fridays but if ever you do Thursday or other week day let me know!

ChadHale
May 29th, 2017, 22:54
Sorry, My family (and the local guard unit) did a "Fun-Run" on a mountain ridge today starting o'dark30. No tronix.
100% absolutely, I will log in Friday 2 June, 06:00 A.M. in Arid-Zone-A (Arizona) should be 09:00 EST...

Command has given an order, the mandatory fun will now commence!

Daedalis
May 30th, 2017, 05:24
Is there an eta on when this game may begin?

Grey Mage
May 30th, 2017, 06:11
Definitely interested... Would be playing a wizard... Probably human. Please let me know.

JerryRig
May 30th, 2017, 14:52
If we can muster the people needed together we could start as June 9th

Rogue
May 30th, 2017, 15:24
Grey Mage, you need to go through my short interview process. Just so I can make sure the players styles mesh okay.

M0rganstern
May 30th, 2017, 15:29
Wait, Friday?? This wasn't on Friday before!!

Do you still need people or is your homeless murder wastrel quota filled up at this point?

Rogue
May 30th, 2017, 16:22
I am always looking for more people to interview. I have four confirmed so far, could use two more.

M0rganstern
May 30th, 2017, 17:45
I shall get my resume and cover letter in order.

JerryRig
May 30th, 2017, 17:47
wewt ;)

she is on teamspeak right now if your anywhere near a place you can talk with her for a few.

M0rganstern
May 30th, 2017, 19:27
I am not, but I can type on Discord.

M0rganstern
May 30th, 2017, 22:09
I grabbed the Player's Guide and after thumbing through it it seems like this isn't a great path for the character I was looking to play. Have fun grinding those dirty rebels under the heel of oppression!

Grey Mage
May 30th, 2017, 22:40
Rogue, sent you a quick IM via Skype so we can set up a time to chat... Saturday is my movie/tabletop game but I will check prior to that... have a great weekend and hope to hear from you soon.

Rogue
May 31st, 2017, 00:10
If you sent it to the sly.little.rogue one that one has been deactivated, due to a stalker. Sorry. Give me your skype handle and I will send one to you.

ChadHale
June 1st, 2017, 00:54
100% absolutely, I will log in saturnday morn'un. and tryeth a gain.

Plutwo
June 1st, 2017, 19:31
Should be fun.

ChadHale
June 2nd, 2017, 13:26
I am on TS now, cat on my keyboard.....

Grey Mage
June 2nd, 2017, 17:15
Character creation is on 9 Jun correct?

Marswipp
June 2nd, 2017, 19:03
According to the original post.

ChadHale
June 3rd, 2017, 03:39
Well, you can get a jumpstart of sorts:
you can make your character in FG and "export it" to the G.M. durring your interview...
Alternately, present your character in this thread as I have and get on teamspeak in the morn for an "interview" (mind the time for the G.M.)

ChadHale
June 9th, 2017, 03:19
It was good to connect and chat with Rogue and JerryRig. I'll be loggin' in to to this, oh most certainly.

ChadHale
June 10th, 2017, 00:23
okay, it is 1630 AZ time...
What time is it EST? my guess is 1930.
I don't see anyone on TS?
was this moved to an alternate "location"...?
Do I have the time wrong?

Rogue
June 10th, 2017, 00:26
Character creation started an hour and a half ago. I just left. we were on discord.

ChadHale
June 10th, 2017, 00:28
Discord? I don't have that right now. I thought we were using TS3?
I guess I missed out.

JerryRig
June 15th, 2017, 21:09
If you sat down with Rogue and have built your character and submitted it to her (or myself) you are in the game and have been sent an invite via the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2590) (*unless there is someone I missed)

Sorry Chad you missed out on the timing and getting the instructions completed. Enjoyed the character concept you had.

JerryRig
June 16th, 2017, 22:02
Please upload your new characters to this forum page so they can be imported. Attach as an.xml format file.

If you made the interview process and are in the game we will be using the discord server Rogue has sent out to allow you access too. Let us know if you have any issues joining.

See you in a couple hours!

JerryRig
July 7th, 2017, 23:29
Looking for another player to fill a seat for tonight's game if anyone is interested please find us on the FG Teamspeak server

JerryRig
July 18th, 2017, 16:34
As of today this group has filled so thank you all who applied and completed the process. Good gaming to all!!