PDA

View Full Version : NPC templates for Each Race?

Laerun
May 21st, 2017, 01:57
I was wondering if there is a better way to start off on making an NPC character into NPC monster format?
I have tried 'random' table products, they are much too cumbersome...
I tried copying and dragging from existing material and that is very hit and miss to find a good template that fits the given campaign or creation path.
I have looked for ways to import outside sources (work) into an XML or FG friendly (Par5e type) Formatting, no fun... too laborious...

Any products already done out there? The only thing close to this is Nord Games' Skulduggery NPC module for FG 5e, in which has variations of the same 'NPCs' at different levels and CR ratings... An easy path for game/mod creation... I would love to see a generic NPC module with all the common races (i.e., Hill, Mountain, Underdark Dwarves) and some of the UA NPC player races in it.

~Laerun~
:confused:

Myrdin Potter
May 21st, 2017, 11:55
Between the monster manual and volo's guide to monsters, there are a lot of NPC presented. They are all presented as humans, so need a little tweaking to be a different race, but all the main character classes are covered.

I would start there.

Zacchaeus
May 21st, 2017, 12:41
Indeed, create your own module. Start a new campaign and then open up the MM, Volo - any of a number of other products that has NPCs in it. Make a copy of them, make any adjustments you want to race, attacks damage traits etc etc. Export into a new module for use in your campaigns. If you want to add more or adjust anything go back to the original campaign, make the additions/edits. Export. Done.

You don't need to do it all at once. Do a couple a day for a few weeks and you'll soon have a pretty impressive library.