PDA

View Full Version : Old school gamer looking for weekly group (Forgotten Realms pref)

frostfiretulsa
May 21st, 2017, 00:53
Hi Guys,

My name is David, tho most people call me Frosty (Yes even IRL), which is a holdover name from my old DnD days. Its been many years since I've played tabletop DnD, but I miss it terribly. I live in a part of the world that does not speak English, and gaming like this is pretty much unheard of... so I have turned to online gaming, which I also love... but its just not the same.

I read a LFG request for a guy in the USA on a Facebook DnD group I am in, and it got me to thinking (as a software developer) that there must be something like this out there... and low and behold, the magic Google found it. So here I am. I have never (yet) used this software... and I totally understand that it might just suck ***, but I want to give it a try anyway on the off chance that it wasn't created by anyone remotely involved with the last DnD movie. *groan*

As I said it has been years since I have played with real dice... the last time I played with our weekly group Ed 3.5 was just coming out and we stuck with 2nd edition... so I may well need a massive refresher on the rule changes if I can't find someone still playing on 2nd ed. I can get copies of the books here tho, and will do.

Also no idea on how the licensing for this thing works... can get a subscription if need be, and more than happy to chip in for expansions etc.

So... I am in need of a group. If anyone needs a old school player that can think pretty quick on his feet, shoot me a message. :)

Frosty

benwest00
May 21st, 2017, 01:26
Welcome, i have played a few games using FG, and have found that i like it. I've had FG for some time now, but don't have much time to play. I have an ultimate license and most of the official 5E content though im not really a DM. I do enjoy D&D and want to support both FG and Wizards to continue to develop and improve the game.

I haven't played 2E before, but have some experience with 3.5E and a few games here on FG with 5E. I do like the new rule system better.

If you get a group together, i'd be happy to join when work permits. shoot me a pm.

JerryRig
May 23rd, 2017, 17:49
We are starting a new Pathfinder Campaign on Friday evenings and have openings for players if your interested take a peek HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38409-Hells-Rebels-Pathfinder-AP-looking-for-players)

Pathfinder is like playing AD&D 3.5 edition but with so many more options for character's and making them what you want it will make your head spin if you look to long :p