PDA

View Full Version : DDEX1-7 Drums in the Marsh, 5/30/2017 1800 EDT

Teufelhunde87
May 19th, 2017, 15:19
DDEX1-7 Drums in the Marsh, 5/30/2017 1800 EDT
FG License: Ultimate, all you need is the demo version.
Game System: D&D 5e Adventurers League

Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
Day of week and time:Tuesday , 05/30/2017
Planned Duration & Frequency:4-5 hour session. Full party's of 6 or 7 can increase the time by an hour or 2
Term: AL module - 1 time

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: FG Discord Server

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: min 3 max 7
Character starting level & equipment:AL characters 1-4, Adventurers League characters
Character restrictions: AL characters

Details of your scenario: For the past several nights, drums have been heard on the wind, coming from the Twilight Marsh. Each morning, more turn up missing from the nearby farms, leaving only muddy, clawed footprints heading towards the marsh. Can you help find the lost and bring justice to the abductors? An adventure for 1st-4th level characters.

I like to have the characters submitted early, so I have time to prep for them and get the log sheets ready.

Calendar link:https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2551

Troymu
May 24th, 2017, 00:00
Hi there, i applied on the calender and will draw up my Half-Orc Thief in short order. Just curious about level? Should i start at 1 or level him up a little higher? New to FG (have played around with demo campaign / watched a number or how to videos) and am really keen see how it works. I DM F/Nly on roll20 in a homebrew campaign and every Thursday DM/play with a live group here in Tokyo.

My half-orc would be focused on intimidation and maybe some melee. Also would you prefer point buy for stats? I usually roll up the stats but can see how that might not work out over the internet (What do you mean? i really did roll 3 18's! : P ). Hope to jump in with you all.

[edit] so i quickly made up my character. Still need to flesh out the story points though. He is an intimidating, burly rogue who eschews stealth for a more direct approach. Once a carpenter, now a criminal, he cares little for the consequences of his crimes. (well, the alignment is not set per say, just put at neutral for the moment.)

marcusrife
May 24th, 2017, 00:40
If you haven't played Adventurer's league before with your character and earned experience you must start at level 1. AL has its own set of rules. These are standard rules set by WOTC so that there is consistency between these games and you can move your character between AL games. You can check out what you need to know as a player here:
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/208178/DD-Adventurers-League-Players-Pack

You must use point buy or the standard array.

Troymu
May 24th, 2017, 00:45
Cheers, will level down to 1 then, used standard array so no problem there. Thanks heaps.

marcusrife
May 24th, 2017, 00:54
Also you are going to need an exported character xml file that was built in FG.

DragonsDen13
May 24th, 2017, 01:10
For Adventure League games, you will also need to make sure that you have a DCI#, which basically registers you as a player with WotC. Super easy to get but is best done before any game starts.

Troymu
May 24th, 2017, 04:22
I read DCI# was only for instore games. But either way, will get both of these done tonight when i have time to flesh out the back story. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Teufelhunde87
May 24th, 2017, 04:26
I read DCI# was only for instore games. But either way, will get both of these done tonight when i have time to flesh out the back story. Thanks for the advice everyone.

No hurry on DCI , you can add it before game. You are alt#5 on the 30th , but I may run a rare Friday AL game this week. Keep an eye out!

Troymu
May 24th, 2017, 14:23
I still need to fully flesh out the backstory. But should be pretty much all set up.

Teufelhunde87
May 24th, 2017, 20:25
I still need to fully flesh out the backstory. But should be pretty much all set up.

got it! Thanks!

Teufelhunde87
May 30th, 2017, 17:43
I have 8(!!!!!!) alternates for this game. Please be on time to respect others time. If you will be late, let me know ASAP so I can hold your spot. I will start drawing alternates at 18:05 EST. Alternates, be available and CHECK IN with me at 18:00. Things get hectic at the last minute, so it is hard to find everyone in order and see if they are available. I will pull you in by alternate number as they become available.