PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy grounds wont save file

Octavious
May 19th, 2017, 05:34
Hi, I am working on a campaign that I want to save to a map module and having a problem,

it is for 5e and the only thing I have is textures. I have pins on some of the textures to link to other textures.

My problem I am having is saving the campaign. For some reason some of the textures are in the "New" category , I move them to the category all the other textures are in and type /save to save the campaign.

all looks good until I close FG. when I reopen the changes have not been saved. The moved textures are once again in the "New" category..

whats up with this? any Ideas ? thanks in advance

Trenloe
May 19th, 2017, 05:47
How are you moving the textures? Please provide the steps taken.

Where are the texture image files stored? In a module or in the <FG app data>\campaigns\<campaign name>\images directory?

Octavious
May 19th, 2017, 16:27
Hi Trenloe,
The images are in in the <FG app data>\campaigns\<campaign name>\images directory and I am not trying to make a module for it yet..

to move them (there are 4 textures that want to stay in the "New" group) I drag them from the "New" group to the "My map" group.. They do stay there until I re start FG. I also type /save and it informs me it has saved the files.

I restart and the 4 textures are back in the "new" group again.. FG is saving as I added a story item and when I restarted the story item was there..

I do have a lot of textures but once again its not in a module.. I have 128 textures each at 2048x2048 resolution.. and I want them in one group.. so maybe that's the problem IDK .. I can try to split them up into different groups but don't really want to ..

thank you for any suggestions ..

Trenloe
May 19th, 2017, 16:38
Please provide the following info:

1) What version is shown in the top right of the main FG launch screen?
2) Check the Settings window (accessible from the launch screen) - what "Mode" (at the bottom) are you running in?
3) When you load up the 5E ruleset - what versions are reported in the chat window for both CoreRPG and 5E?

Then, could you try this in a test campaign with just a few textures? Then, if still having the issue, post the db.xml file from that campaign so we can check what the underlying database is storing.

Octavious
May 20th, 2017, 07:15
HI Trenloe,

FG version in launcher is 3.3.0 Ultimate
Mode is "Live" Enhanced update logging is "un checked"
ruelset versions in chat are 5e ruleset 3.3.0 coreRPG is 3.3.0

I took more than 1/2 of the textures out in a test copy but problem still persists.

let me know where to paste the db.xml file and ill do that

Trenloe
May 20th, 2017, 14:19
let me know where to paste the db.xml file and ill do that
Just attach it to a post here.

Could you do something like 10 textures for a test first?

Octavious
May 21st, 2017, 18:48
Hi here is the campaign with a little over 10 textures . The problem ones are North Cliff Ledge 2,North Cliff Ledge 3,North Cliff Ledge 4 and West Cliff Ledge 4.
If you want I can send the whole campaign..

Zacchaeus
May 21st, 2017, 19:11
You have a double space between North and Cliff in the names of all of those maps.

Trenloe
May 21st, 2017, 19:32
You have a double space between North and Cliff in the names of all of those maps.
Yeah, double spaces in the filename seem to be the issue, I can recreate in a test campaign.

Octavious
May 22nd, 2017, 07:21
Holy cow !!! I didnt know FG was that touchy on file names .. but thanks for the look see :) I would have never caught that... ill change it .. thanks again !

Trenloe
May 22nd, 2017, 14:32
It's an XML thing.

Andraax
May 22nd, 2017, 15:09
Holy cow !!! I didnt know FG was that touchy on file names .. but thanks for the look see :) I would have never caught that... ill change it .. thanks again !

Most (possibly all?) XML processing libraries coalesce multiple whitespace characters into a single space.

Bidmaron
May 22nd, 2017, 16:30
Not in literals like file names