PDA

View Full Version : Interest Check - Iron Gods 5E

Mentalic
May 18th, 2017, 23:26
Hey folks, I am new to FG and am thinking of DMing Iron Gods for 5e. Iron Gods is an adventure path for Pathfinder that features futuristic technology (especially in the later parts) that make it more Science Fantasy than typical High Fantasy. Much of the adventure path has been converted to 5E by other folks. I will be running it where tech is present but a bit more rare than in the original adventure path (to mirror 5e's low magic feel). Rather than setting this in Golarion, it will be on its own planet (lets call it "Aerth", hehe) and everyone will be local to the nation where the campaign takes place (Numeria). So, there is no need for you to be some setting expert with a bunch of obscure info. A player's guide will be provided.

It would be every week (with the occasional off week once a month or so) on Sunday nights (~8pm) PST with sessions lasting like 4 hours or so. It probably wont start for a month or two. There are 6 modules to the path. I plan on running the first and then taking a break (a month or so) before going on to the second. Paths tend to be a bit railroady, btw, but I will try to offer as much choice and consequence as I can. If there is interest, I will get a TeamSpeak server and run voice through that (with an instance playing campaign appropriate music).

There would be quite a few house rules (to classes, races, etc). Feats (heavily modified, some removed, some UA feats added), and some Unearthed Arcana archetypes will be allowed. Multi-classing will not be allowed (extreme power gaming, rules lawyering and general bs like that is heavily frowned upon, by the way). Volo's non-monstrous races will be allowed (I already inputted them). SRD and Elemental Companion spells only. I have typed up most of the feats, races, and classes that I will allow (I bought the books already and didn't feel like buying them again on FG, lol). As such, alot of stuff is in but not all of it. I have added quite a bit but I will not be adding any more since typing all this up sucked, haha. On a related note, no homebrew stuff from the DMs Guild or whatever.

A word of caution: I have DMed on Roll20 but am new to Fantasy Grounds - so, it may be bumpy early on. Seriously, I have never DMed a game here. I DONT KNOW HOW IT WORKS! Also, as a conversion, the encounters may not be perfectly balanced. But, honestly, who cares? Lets kill some robots.

A bit about me:
I am in my late 30s. I am a husband and father; I also work a stressful job. As such, I want my games to be relaxed and enjoyable. Lets get into character, roll some dice and have fun.

Nickademus
May 19th, 2017, 01:04
A word of caution: I have DMed on Roll20 but am new to Fantasy Grounds - so, it may be bumpy early on. Seriously, I have never DMed a game here. I DONT KNOW HOW IT WORKS!

Get a player that knows well how it works and ask them a lot of questions. You'll be fine.

Mentalic
May 20th, 2017, 02:10
I have one interested person so far. Just three more needed! If interested folks have any questions, feel free to shoot them over.

Edit: Three folks seem interested so far.

Mentalic
May 24th, 2017, 02:18
I have a few folks interested but without 1 or 2 more, I may need to table the game for a bit. If anyone is interested, either reply here or send me a message.

Here is the calendar link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2556 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2556)