PDA

View Full Version : False Adobe Flash Player update

Draven
May 17th, 2017, 14:18
Keep getting message to update flash player when looking at game calendar. Clicked on update and got virus message from AVG. Blocked and removed then went to Adobe to check my player, I am running current version so no need for update. Tracked virus on AVG website and found this is a ransomware linked to a false update. Don't know if there is anything you can do on your end but every time I try to check the game calendar I get this false update. Anyone else getting this be careful of this and check your flash player version on Adobe website. Have scanned my comp so all good on my end, seems to be a trigger on the calendar.

dulux-oz
May 17th, 2017, 14:46
Interesting... I'm not seeing any Update message. Which Operating System are you using?

Nylanfs
May 17th, 2017, 17:16
Me either

LordEntrails
May 17th, 2017, 18:51
It may be related to this; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38344-Game-Calendar-Issues

Draven
May 18th, 2017, 21:48
I use windows 10, it is working correctly now...but yea, started with blank page but if I tried to reload multiple times I got the message.."your flash player may be out of date" then when I clicked that link I got the bad download for adobe.