PDA

View Full Version : FG Error

Danimal66
May 16th, 2017, 01:05
I started getting the following error whenever I launch FG

Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
Database Notice: Campaign saved.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
Database Notice: Campaign saved.

Nylanfs
May 16th, 2017, 01:14
check the permissions on your campaign folder, also make sure you haven't pointed your data directory at a synced location like Dropbox, Drive, or OneDrive.

Trenloe
May 16th, 2017, 01:58
Some information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30604-Windows-file-access-issues-can-t-update-campaigns-not-saving-etc-Fix-options

Try deleting C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua it will be recreated by Fantasy Grounds. But, seeing as this is an indication of file access rights issues you're best fixing the base problem (info in the link I provided above).

Danimal66
May 17th, 2017, 17:33
Sorry I wasn't notified of these responses.

I'll try these tonight but I never had issues on my old machine. I have a brand new machine with Windows 10 Pro. Folders in the Program Data folder are always read only. I don't understand why these issues are occurring now.

Danimal66
May 18th, 2017, 04:01
Some information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30604-Windows-file-access-issues-can-t-update-campaigns-not-saving-etc-Fix-options

Try deleting C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua it will be recreated by Fantasy Grounds. But, seeing as this is an indication of file access rights issues you're best fixing the base problem (info in the link I provided above).

I'm still having issues even after trying the above. The program loads with no errors but I was running my guys through Sunless Citadell when I opened the Fortress battlemap there was no buttons at the top for masking or anything and then when I clicked on it I got this

Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (imagedetail : image.id-00004@DD TYP The Sunless Citadel)

Literally everytiume I use the program I have something not work now.

Help

LordEntrails
May 18th, 2017, 04:23
Are you running any extensions? The original error don't indicate it's an extension issue, but this new one might. And it's always a good trouble shooting technique.

Danimal66
May 18th, 2017, 04:24
Are you running any extensions? The original error don't indicate it's an extension issue, but this new one might. And it's always a good trouble shooting technique.

I just installed the Big Fonts extension but that is it.

Trenloe
May 18th, 2017, 04:36
I'm still having issues even after trying the above.
Have you done more than just delete the file? i.e. I suggested trying to fix the base issue - details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30604-Windows-file-access-issues-can-t-update-campaigns-not-saving-etc-Fix-options Please give this a try, or if you have provide details of what you tried.

The program loads with no errors but I was running my guys through Sunless Citadell when I opened the Fortress battlemap there was no buttons at the top for masking or anything ...
Unlock the image to see the icons.

then when I clicked on it I got this

Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (imagedetail : image.id-00004@DD TYP The Sunless Citadel)
I assume you're referring to clicking the link in the top left of the image window (shield icon to the left of the image name)? If so, this appears to be a general issue, as I can recreate the error. "imagedetail" is indeed an invalid class. Don't click on this link for now. Actually, to be 100% correct where the error occurs, it is when the link is clicked and then the mouse button is released while the mouse is still on the link - i.e. the process to open the link. You can still drag/drop image links OK.

Danimal66
May 18th, 2017, 04:42
Have you done more than just delete the file? i.e. I suggested trying to fix the base issue - details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30604-Windows-file-access-issues-can-t-update-campaigns-not-saving-etc-Fix-options Please give this a try, or if you have provide details of what you tried.

I did all of the above, I also set the program to run as Administrator. I just noticed something, I never filled in my login information in settingsa on the new machine. I did that and ran update which took about 10 minutes and now it appears to be working correctly.

Unlock the image to see the icons.

I tried that but got an error but now after the above it is working.

I assume you're referring to clicking the link in the top left of the image window (shield icon to the left of the image name)? If so, this appears to be a general issue, as I can recreate the error. "imagedetail" is indeed an invalid class. Don't click on this link for now. Actually, to be 100% correct where the error occurs, it is when the link is clicked and then the mouse button is released while the mouse is still on the link - i.e. the process to open the link. You can still drag/drop image links OK.

You are correct, sorry I should of been more detailed. Yes the above works, just a coincidence this occurred with everything else.

Trenloe
May 18th, 2017, 04:47
Sounds like you had some old downloads present. Doing the data location change and then an update will hopefully have helped that.

Let us know if the issues are resolved or if you find anything else.