PDA

View Full Version : quest help please

Kordin
May 14th, 2017, 21:41
i open the story book of phandelver.. i read though the story. example the shrine of luck offers a quest called the banshees bargain

if i click on the link by NPC: Sister Garaele i get her stats n info

i would think that if i click the link below that. Quest: The Banshee's Bargain .. it would pop up that quest info.

it does not. it pops up a screen that says New Quest..

if i click on the quest button on the right. it also shows the new blank.. new quest .. it also has the proper quest in there as well.

i guess my question is.. why is there a link there if it dont pop up the named quest.. and why would it want me to make a new quest.. or. what am i doing wrong.. thanks. sorry for all the newb questions.. just tryin to get this down.

i also tried the right click on module.. and revert .. and still cant find a way to delete the newly created blank quest..

LordEntrails
May 14th, 2017, 22:45
i open the story book of phandelver.. i read though the story. example the shrine of luck offers a quest called the banshees bargain

if i click on the link by NPC: Sister Garaele i get her stats n info

i would think that if i click the link below that. Quest: The Banshee's Bargain .. it would pop up that quest info.

it does not. it pops up a screen that says New Quest..

if i click on the quest button on the right. it also shows the new blank.. new quest .. it also has the proper quest in there as well.

i guess my question is.. why is there a link there if it dont pop up the named quest.. and why would it want me to make a new quest.. or. what am i doing wrong.. thanks. sorry for all the newb questions.. just tryin to get this down.

i also tried the right click on module.. and revert .. and still cant find a way to delete the newly created blank quest..
When clicking a link that opens a "New xyz.." window, that's a an error/bug in the conversion. It has to do with the way that modules are converted and such, but in the end is an error that should be reported in the bug thread. In this case, here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37510-5e-Bug-reports-(Continued-Part-2)

In the meantime, open up the quest table (from the icon on the right) and use the quest from there.

Kordin
May 14th, 2017, 22:57
thx

Zacchaeus
May 14th, 2017, 23:14
I know about this error. There will be a fix in due course. Meantime the quests do exist and if whilst you prep you drag the quest from the quest folder into the story it will relink it.

Kordin
May 16th, 2017, 19:18
thx