PDA

View Full Version : Really? 4000+ Online All Of A Sudden?

dulux-oz
May 14th, 2017, 12:19
Did we really have 4,128 users online on 7-May-2017 ???

I mean, the previous record was only a little above 1,000 back in 2011, and we haven't gone near it since. And we had a four-fold increase all of a sudden?!

What happened on the 7th? What did I miss? :confused:

Or is someone playing silly-buggers - 4,128 is an awful... interesting number

Cheers

Nickademus
May 14th, 2017, 21:43
Probably the release of the FG Store Pathfinder content.

L. R. Ballard
May 14th, 2017, 22:30
Did we really have 4,128 users online on 7-May-2017 ???

I mane, the previous record was only a little above 1,000 back in 2011, and we haven't gone near it since. And we had a four-fold increase all of a sudden?!

What happened on the 7th? What did I miss? :confused:

Or is someone playing silly-buggers - 4,128 is an awful... interesting number

Cheers

The statistic I see is 4,128 on April 6, 2017. I got an email newsletter from Fantasy Grounds that same day. The email was a promotional newsletter with a video from Doug that detailed the DMG.

Well-crafted promotional emails can increase click-through traffic from email subscriber lists. Email marketers like Bob Bly or the folks at American Writers and Artists Inc. (AWAI) use promotional emails to sell their products and services. They recommend that e-marketers do the same.

In fact, I'm surprised that Fantasy Grounds doesn't have an email capture box on its homepage. Even people visiting the site who can't afford Fantasy Grounds or don't want to buy it at that moment could leave their emails in exchange for a "special report" or some similar promotional item. Those emails add up over time to become a source of traffic, and, ultimately, sales, that is, "conversions."

I wouldn't be surprised if the traffic comes from enewsletter click-throughs.