PDA

View Full Version : Is there a IFT: custom like three is in 5ed?

dantedoom
May 14th, 2017, 08:28
I wanted to create an effect for the slayer Studied Target ability.

Just wanted to know if this setup would work! Ty

Moon Wizard
May 15th, 2017, 07:29
Yes, the IFT: and IF: effect options support the custom tag check in both 5E and PFRPG/3.5E. They are used the same way.

Regards,
JPG

dellanx
May 15th, 2017, 16:40
Is there a guide for IFT: or IF: effects?

dantedoom
May 15th, 2017, 18:28
Yes, the IFT: and IF: effect options support the custom tag check in both 5E and PFRPG/3.5E. They are used the same way.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks!!

@dellanx

All that i can find is this guide https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects , but is outdated, it doesn't include IFT: custom(xxx) as you can see!

dellanx
May 15th, 2017, 18:52
Thanks

Svandal
May 19th, 2017, 08:58
Where can I find information on the IFT: custom(xxx) effect? I have searched but have not found anything other than the outdated wiki.
For example, the IFT: custom (Shaken); ATK: +5 does work if the target is shaken.
I am just trying stuff now since I have not found any documentation on this :)
Any help would be appreciated.

Zacchaeus
May 19th, 2017, 11:18
To get this to work you need two effects. The first will be a simple effect consisting of word or two describing the 'condition' of the target. So for example if you wanted to test for a condition of 'hexed' or 'drunk' or 'stupid' then you would set up an effect with just that word. The effect will have to be placed on the target so that the target will then show 'hexed', 'drunk' or 'stupid' on it in the CT. The second effect is your test so it will be IFT: CUSTOM (hexed); ATK: 5 or IFT: CUSTOM (drunk); DMG: 1d6 etc.

Basically whatever you want to test for has to be present as an effect on the target for the IFT test to come back positive. If the condition that you want to test for is already known to FG then you don't need the custom part; you can just test directly for that condition. So in your example above you don't need the custom because 'Shaken' is an effect recognised by FG. All you need then is IFT: Shaken; ATK: +6 or whatever.

Svandal
May 19th, 2017, 17:55
Thank you very much Zacchaeus.