PDA

View Full Version : AVG detects virus in FG.exe and blocks it.

Hastati
May 13th, 2017, 12:49
Hi,
I have a problem as AVG has detected Win/Heri virus in Fantasy Grounds.exe and is blocking me from being able to run it. Has anyone else experienced this and is there any way to resolve it. Thanks for any help. Reinstalling FG is not working.

Nylanfs
May 13th, 2017, 13:54
Add an exception for the Fatantasy Grounds folder in AVG. Supposedly they have resolved it on AVG's end but reports keep cropping up. Also make sure to update AVG.

Hastati
May 16th, 2017, 06:35
Thanks for the reply. I was able to get FG working again, in a fashion, by disabling AVG temporarily. I've still lost the nice little FG icon on my desktop and that doesn't want to come back no matter what so I have to launch it directly from the directory folder. I've been using FG and AVG together for the last 2.5 years with no problem, so this was pretty frustrating.

Moon Wizard
May 16th, 2017, 09:09
Hastati,

What mode are you running in Settings? Live, Test or Dev?

The version in Live/Test was submitted to AVG for whitelisting 2-3 weeks ago, and cleared by them

If you're running Dev mode, you should change back to Live/Test. This is where we have been testing new updater builds with quick iterations, which is what usually triggers the security warnings since it's a self-updating app.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
May 16th, 2017, 15:14
Thanks for the reply. I was able to get FG working again, in a fashion, by disabling AVG temporarily. I've still lost the nice little FG icon on my desktop and that doesn't want to come back no matter what so I have to launch it directly from the directory folder. I've been using FG and AVG together for the last 2.5 years with no problem, so this was pretty frustrating.
Just copy a link (Windows, Right Mouse Button) from the directory location to your desktop. Then you will have your icon back.

Hastati
May 17th, 2017, 10:08
Thanks all for the replies.

I believe I am in "live" mode (need to double check of course).

I've tried to copy the link to my desktop, but it keeps telling me that I don't have permission to do that. I've checked permissions and done an exception in AVG, but still no dice. I'm going to delete AVG and go with something else for anti-virus. Like I said, it's frustrating because FG and AVG co-existed quite happily for over 2.5 years.