PDA

View Full Version : Save Combat Tracker Status or Encounter Status?

seycyrus
May 13th, 2017, 12:21
Greetings. I'm in between game sessions and starting to work with Deluxe Oz's wonderful sound extension (which is awesome btw). My gaming session ended last week in the middle of a combat with the CT occupied.

I'd like to test and work with the sound extension a bit, and to do so I'd like to open up a second instance of FG, and start a mock fight between myself (GM) and myself (local host player).

If I clear the CT for this testing, I'll lose the current status of the combat, correct? Is there any way to preserve this status?

It seems that the answer is to copy and open up a test campaign to work things out. But is there another solution? Something along the lines of a "current state" of an encounter?

Trenloe
May 13th, 2017, 14:12
If I clear the CT for this testing, I'll lose the current status of the combat, correct?
Correct.

Is there any way to preserve this status?

It seems that the answer is to copy and open up a test campaign to work things out. But is there another solution? Something along the lines of a "current state" of an encounter?
The best way is to copy your campaign directory and use the copied campaign. FG's campaign database is "live" all the time, and there is no way to make a copy of the combat tracker in game and go back to that copy.

Zacchaeus
May 13th, 2017, 14:13
You are correct. If you open up the campaign and clear the CT you will have removed it from the campaign. You can copy the campaign as you suggest and use the copy to play about on or start a new campaign for your testing purposes.