PDA

View Full Version : LFP 5E D&D Tues. or Sat. evenings GMT+9 (Japan)

spoofer
May 13th, 2017, 02:52
FG License: Ultimate license
Game System: 5e
Campaigns: Storm King's Thunder; Curse of Strahd

New players are welcome!!

Time Zone: GMT+9 (Japan)
Day of week and time:
CoS is Tuesdays 8:00 p.m., for three hours. Weekly.
SKT is Saturdays 8:00 p.m., for three hours. Weekly.
If new game, planned start date: Both campaigns are over half finished.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Ideally, TeamSpeak, and if that fails, then Skype (Sat. is currently using Skype)

Role play & Combat mix: 50/50. This is an estimation.
Number of Players in game & needed: I have three in both groups. I need one more player.
Character starting level & equipment: around level 6. Any mundane equipment you want.
Character restrictions:
CoS: No evil, or non-helpful characters. Only PHB races and classes. No multiclass unless your levels are balanced in both classes. The campaign is tougher on non-human races, other than elves. But you are welcome to try it.
Not surprisingly, clerics really take stage center. However, you will need to go with one of the campaign dieties (which you choose in game).

SKT: Pretty much anything goes. The theme is giants and dragons. Factions play a huge role. You should join one, or expect to role play the lone wolf mentality.

Some people play this game as if it is a chess-like battle of wits. They learn the rules, memorize the monster stats, and optimize their characters. That is awesome!
But that is not my game. In my game, I don't care about the rules as written, I mess up the monsters attack damage sometimes and I don't fix it, I stress rapid play over accurate play, and I enjoy silly jokes. My games are all about beer, popcorn, and laughter.
So if you are a battle-of-the-minds type of player, you will not enjoy this game, an you will take away from the enjoyment of others.

I reward light role playing. I expect my clerics to invoke the names of their gods, and my barbarians to yell "Crom!" as they charge. If you struggle with even that level of role playing, then you will not enjoy this game.
I have a few very special and different way of doing things, such as an alternative to character death. We can worry about the details if you are interested.

Finally, I share some of costs with my players. I ask for $10 once per year, at the beginning of the year.

Please send a private message with the following:
Your real name
Confirmation that this time zone works for you
Whether or not you need a tutorial in FG
Whether or not you are new to 5E

New players are welcome. I just need to plan a training session for you.

Kevin

spoofer
May 13th, 2017, 16:01
There was a chance that Sat. was going to change. That chance is gone. So I am still looking for someone for Sat.

spoofer
May 14th, 2017, 15:20
I found the player for Tuesday. I am still looking for Saturday.

spoofer
May 19th, 2017, 13:46
Recruitment closed! Thanks all.

Jesse Darklight
May 23rd, 2017, 01:14
Hey Kev

Jesse here, I have a real life friend who would happily fill the roll for our SKT game. I've played in DnD games here at my house with him and can probably set him up on my laptop to teach him FG next session we have. If you've got someone else let me know otherwise I have 1 potentially 2 people who might be keen from the LMOP group I RL DM.