PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Realms 5e Open World Campaign (4 Players Max)

Tozzax
May 12th, 2017, 17:37
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: EDT/EST
Day of week and time: Sun mornings @ 7am
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-4 hours, weekly, long term
Text or Voice: Discord Voice (Text for RP using FG languages)

In week 4 of the campaign, need one player to make the group whole again. It's a great group I must say.

Thank you,

DM Tozz

Tozzax
May 12th, 2017, 22:38
Leaning towards sunday morning at 7 or 7:30am

Rhuzhen
May 13th, 2017, 03:14
Quick gaming background: In just about any MMO I've ever played I either went straight for the Mage or the Healer classes. This is also my lean when playing Tabletop RPG's though lately my favor has shifted toward Cleric/Paladin types where I can be in melee as well as a healer. In regard to DnD rules I have only limited/rudimentary knowledge of how it runs. That is, I have been in 3 sessions with the DnD5e rules and about 6-8 other sessions with 4e and World of Darkness rules. I should put in that I own the DnD5e Player Handbook.

Your dream character description: I have always wanted to play a lich-like character. I wanted to be something akin to a reanimated human/elven skeleton mage that retained its sense of self and morality. Perhaps his ressurection in this manner was a whim/punishment of a death god or perhaps because there is a task that must be completed. I had imagined that this character is striving to maintain a facade of normalcy by using disguise and illusion to blend in among others while attempting to complete the task given to him. "Death" could have its own sense of humor, I can see potential drama/comedy from the undead trying to be "alive" in order to meet the demands of their master.

Times you're able to commit to on Sat or Sun mornings: I am GMT -8 or Pacific Standard Time which I believe puts me at 3 hours ahead of you. I'm basically willing to start at 9am your time or a few hours later (Which translates to 6am or later for me)

Earliest available start date: I'm ready when you are, or rather starting the weekend after Mother's Day, say May 20th.

What forgotten realms content you've played or run: Unfortunately I do not believe I have any experience with forgotten realms that I can recall clearly.

Tozzax
May 13th, 2017, 04:02
I'm thinking we'll be starting earlier than that unfortunately.

Ram Tyr
May 13th, 2017, 12:55
To help with time zone conversion... this link shows a Sunday 7am eastern start time converted around the world. (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Forgotten+Realms+5E+Open+World+ Campaign+by+Tozz&iso=20170514T07&p1=263&ah=3)

Examples... it is ... noon in London, 5pm in Athens, 8pm in Tokyo, and 9pm in Sydney.

Lyconius
May 13th, 2017, 18:21
Thats 4:00 am my time haha.... but almost worth it

Daemar'din
May 13th, 2017, 20:11
Sent you a pm with the info

Tabarkus
May 13th, 2017, 23:13
Sent a PM to you, ideal time for me!

Tozzax
May 13th, 2017, 23:49
Group is full, thank you everyone for your interest.

Tozzax
June 6th, 2017, 13:43
Thank you everyone.

MoonlitDNC
June 6th, 2017, 20:00
Yes, I would love to give that a try. I have a Forgotten Realms-ready Ranger character (or Cleric as a backup) with some fairly good story hooks that I would love to get started in a good long-term campaign.

Will PM you ASAP with my details & such.....

Foomish
June 7th, 2017, 10:25
I already sent a PM but wanted to chime in here as well. Your time slot is perfect for me, which is a rarity, and would love to be a part of the group. I can have a toon at the drop of the hat and am happy to fill if needed.

MoonlitDNC
June 11th, 2017, 22:22
I'm extremely disappointed with this entire experience. I do not know what the others in the party/group were exposed to throughout all of this (I have no problems with them at all from where I sit), but I am disappointed with the lack of maturity & communication skills on the part of the DM (Tozzax). To go for nearly a full week with a completed character sheet set & ready to start on the tabletop/server and have my time set aside to wake up early on a Sunday to play.......only to be kicked and muted with no warning, reason, or provocation minutes prior to the first session starting is extremely juvenile. That stealthy mute/kick from Discord right at the last second, after you otherwise "smiled" and we metaphorically shook hands.....how classy.

At any point during this week, you could have easily said something to the effect of "I (or the party and I) would like to keep the game private or among close IRL friends. Sorry for taking your time. I should not have overbooked." That stuff is fine - DM'ing takes a lot of setup and work and can be crazy to manage with a career, everyone here gets that. Instead, you decided to kick and password everything at the last minute, remain silent, and hope my wasted time would ultimately prompt me to leave without actually having to communicate in what you apparently interpreted as a socially uncomfortable situation. "Sorry, you're out" being sent in a PM after a week of silence - just as the first session is starting & after being password-ed out of the tabletop/server - is an amazing lack of maturity & communication on the part of a DM. I could have looked elsewhere this week had I been informed early & proper, but instead there simply was nothing to join this morning.

I'm over it, I'm moving on. There are other games, there are other serious, professional DMs. I consider this matter closed and now blocked.

Zyrus
June 12th, 2017, 01:45
Good to know this DM is a lazy, immature one.

Tozzax
June 12th, 2017, 13:44
No.

I was looking for a replacement character. I replaced them. I told her the spot was filled. She guilted me into changing my mind. I re-changed my mind after hours of circular discussion over a damn backstory. Honestly didn't expect to hear from her again. She joined anyway, so yes I pw protected it to keep it from being awkward at game start time. The session was fantastic, the players who are in are fantastic (of which I had pre-warnings about not letting her join in the first place), Zyrus **** off you pre-judgemental tool.

Love,

DM Tozz

Craig8888
June 12th, 2017, 22:28
I will add the DM (Tozzax) is also fantastic. It was another great session.

MoonlitDNC and Zyrus, I wish you all the best in finding a game as good as the one Tozzax is giving us.

Have fun everyone.

Craig/