PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Fog of War and "Localhost"

Nikmal
May 12th, 2017, 05:17
Hey there. I am running a digital table top game (not online but at the actual table using a TV screen). I use "localhost" for the TV screen to show the "players" version and what they see on the TV screen on the table top..

Lately I have been having some issues with Fog of War. I am using the Tales from the Yawning Portal mod file purchased from FG store and The Sunless Citadel Fortress Battlemap.

So I have been running the players through the adventure and exposing the rooms (having masked the entire fortress map first) as they move through the dungeon. So they got quite a bit of teh map exposed now but when I go to put the map up on the players screen it cuts off part of the map and fills in all the rooms in fog once again where the map is not shown on the screen

So basically to cut down on confusion Iam including a screen shot of it. The image on the right is the DM screen with all the rooms revealed that the players have gone through... and the image on the right with the images cut off where the image was cropped at first when I first sent the image to the players screen The cropped part was not showing on the players image when it first showed up on the screen before I expanded it to fill the screen.

LordEntrails
May 12th, 2017, 06:05
Are you running any extensions? Have you tried without any?

You might try re-sharing it, not sure what's going on or why. Some of the immortals probably do, so you will have to wait a few minutes if you want their input :)

Nikmal
May 12th, 2017, 07:51
Are you running any extensions? Have you tried without any?

You might try re-sharing it, not sure what's going on or why. Some of the immortals probably do, so you will have to wait a few minutes if you want their input :)

I don't use any extensions or mods as far as anything thjat modifies the software for FG. I was not even aware there was any that does to be honest. I am also using the most updated version of FG too.

Moon Wizard
May 12th, 2017, 08:08
There's a Lock Client View option somewhere in the radial menu that might have gotten turned on. (Radial menu is right click menu.) Try Unlocking the Client View, which only clears the mask in the region visible on the GM's display.

I'm not at my machine, but I can figure out the exact radial menu options tomorrow if you can't find it.

Regards,
JPG