PDA

View Full Version : Want to be an observer !

Sylvain
January 7th, 2006, 22:53
Is it possible to participate to a game session like an observer?
Like this, i could better understand all games features, and i will be quickly more efficient.:p

Stuart
January 7th, 2006, 22:56
I'm running a game tomorrow night that starts at 8PM GMT ... if you want to observ please PM me and I'll reply with the log on details.

Stuart

Dupre
January 8th, 2006, 09:58
We don't have a separate spectator mode planned at this time although this has come up before.

Bumamgar
January 8th, 2006, 12:52
At this time, each connection to the host has to be associated with a character. However, there is nothing that prevents you from simply selecting the "new character" option and putting in a name of "Observer 1" etc.

The game won't prevent you from interacting with the players, the map, tokens, etc. But it won't force you to either :)

In other words, assuming the DM and the other players didn't mind, you can connect and just sit there watching the session, and be "on your honor" not to do things like drag tokens around or otherwise be disruptive...

Keep in mind, many of us enhance Fantasy Grounds by using a voice-chat program such as Ventrilo, so unless you also connect to that and listen in, you are liable to miss out on a lot of the "action"