PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

wthrasherb
May 10th, 2017, 03:56
Hey, community! I'm considering giving Pathfinder a go again and I'm curious about the difference between the new "official" pathfinder RPG stuff for FG and the Pathfinder/3.5 material that is already included for free.

Aside from having the "actual" rule book and all the little add-ons like desktop decals and themes, what is the benefit of spending all the money on the "official" stuff?

It's been a few years since I've played Pathfinder, so I'm not sure if I'm still into it. I want to give it a go on FG to see if I like how FG handles all the crunch of Pathfinder, but I'm not sure I want to invest in all the "official" material if the free stuff works just as good.

Thoughts folks?

Thanks in advance!

Nylanfs
May 10th, 2017, 04:31
They have all the images, they have all the class info linked so it's more drag and drop to make characters similar to how 5e works. For adventures they can use the whole text from the adventures and artwork.

Trenloe
May 10th, 2017, 04:35
Watch the videos in the relevant product pages. Most of them will give an idea of the differences. For example, the Bestiary video compares side-by-side the differences between the OGL bestiary and the official bestiary.

wthrasherb
May 10th, 2017, 04:39
Watch the videos in the relevant product pages. Most of them will give an idea of the differences. For example, the Bestiary video compares side-by-side the differences between the OGL bestiary and the official bestiary.

Cool, thanks