PDA

View Full Version : tokens anyone?!?

gqwebb
May 10th, 2017, 01:59
The token quality in the Pathfinder set seem to be a tad bit on the light side. I would have thought there would have been at least class or race tokens. Nope just a bunch of ABC's. Perhaps the 5e set has spoiled me? or am I missing something besides tokens ;)

ddavison
May 10th, 2017, 02:17
The token quality in the Pathfinder set seem to be a tad bit on the light side. I would have thought there would have been at least class or race tokens. Nope just a bunch of ABC's. Perhaps the 5e set has spoiled me? or am I missing something besides tokens ;)

There are no NPCs in the core rules, so all the images are presented as portraits instead.

gqwebb
May 10th, 2017, 03:15
Well I guess that gives me a chance to work on my artistic side.

Trenloe
May 10th, 2017, 03:18
If you add the portrait to a PC it automatically makes that image the token as well. So you *can* get tokens from the Pathfinder Core Rules provided portraits. This is exactly the same as how the 5E PHB works.

gqwebb
May 10th, 2017, 16:02
Thanks trenloe that will make it even easier. I was going to get gimp up and running. Your way is even easier.

LordBalkoth
May 13th, 2017, 00:36
Can also just search google images (or Pintrest or whatever), use the Snipping Tool to make a square token, and save it in your token folder.

Old Man Trouble
May 13th, 2017, 22:42
If you can track down the art, I use this :: https://www.rptools.net/toolbox/token-tool/

It's simple, drag and drop and I've found it incredibly useful.