PDA

View Full Version : Another library extension issue

Ellspeth
May 10th, 2017, 00:34
18921 I am using your latest fixes Ikael in test mode. It is reading a successful export, but when I open the module in a test table all the sidebar story entries are missing, and a new item I added for convenience. Other sidebar items, NPC's, images, encounter all export fine with another issue, even though the skills show in the module in MY table, they aren't showing on the NPC cards in the exported version opened in the test table. No rush, you have the patience of a saint with us here on the forums and it is appreciated.

Ikael
May 10th, 2017, 06:48
18921 I am using your latest fixes Ikael in test mode. It is reading a successful export, but when I open the module in a test table all the sidebar story entries are missing, and a new item I added for convenience. Other sidebar items, NPC's, images, encounter all export fine with another issue, even though the skills show in the module in MY table, they aren't showing on the NPC cards in the exported version opened in the test table. No rush, you have the patience of a saint with us here on the forums and it is appreciated.

After quick check on the campaign,

A) Story entries you have defined in the campaign are not linked to the library module you created, which is why they don't export within the module. Add links to them and they will work
B) Missing skills from NPC sheets is regression issue, I will fix this

Ellspeth
May 10th, 2017, 12:42
Thanks Ikael I won't worry about the disappearing skills then. I want to clarify what you mean by links, so I should drop the link to each section of the story in the sidebar to it's corresponding chapter in the module correct?
LOL yep that fixed it Ikael, see even us pre-computer types can be taught.

Ikael
May 10th, 2017, 20:38
The skill missing challenge has been fixed in SW Enhanced Libraryv1.14 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18940&d=1494444889) version, available only for v4.4 ruleset. You can download it from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37260-SavageWorlds-v4-4-for-public-testing-available&p=326976&viewfull=1#post326976

About story links; the rule of thumb is that you must be able to access everything from the module. For instance you have linked NPCs into your text entries as links, which will include those records to module when they are exported and they will appear in masterindexes (sidebar button) as well.

Ellspeth
May 10th, 2017, 21:21
Okay, I got them, thanks Ikael, and slowly but surely I am getting it all. Your help is so appreciated.
okay also had a few minutes to load them and test them since I was all ready working with the module, and it all looks great, exported beautifully. Thanks again so much.