PDA

View Full Version : LFP (3-4) 5E D&D Campaign in GMT +8/+9

bigfisch1019
May 9th, 2017, 22:55
FG License: GM has Full so players need at least Lite
Game System: 5E D&D

Time Zone: GMT +8 or +9 (aussies, new zealand, English speaking asia)
Day of week and time: Saturday 1930 Tokyo time
If new game, planned start date: 27 May 2017
Planned Duration & Frequency: Twice a month with RP turns on the off weeks, sessions 2-5 hours
Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Mix of both ok
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: Prefer more RP to Combat, but really depends on group and players.
Number of Players in game & needed: I have 1 or 2, need another 2-3
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 noobs
Character restrictions: Not a giant fan of aasimar because they are hard to RP. No assadins.

Details of your scenario: Small continent / large island home brewed world. Ideally everyone will pick a class/race they want to play, imagine their character, and hopefully give me a background story to get into the role. I like the concept of epic fantasy where the characters start out small and humble and eventually evolve into the players ideals for class fantasy. I have the general concept, then will tailor the campaign to the players. I'll create a big sand box, the individuals can figure out how they want to play in it. I believe in a high level of player freedom, so usually have a main story but give my players the freedom to do whatever they want within the game universe.

A little about me: My name is Rob and I am 40 years old. I started playing D&D back in the red box days but spent a lot of years of my youth playing second edition. I played 3rd for four years I was stationed in Illinois, then had a long break until recently. I have also played WOD, Rifts, Shadowrun, and MMO's. I'm big into story telling with my players as the stars of the story. I like to have a classic fantasy experience but also enjoy out of the box thinking. Typically in my campaigns more XP is given for RP and ideas then fighting, but really depends on the group.

**Also***

What do you expect from players as a GM? Be on time and ready. If you can't make it, let me know in advance. The point of the game is to have fun. Don't have fun at the expense of other players.
What do you not want? rules lawyers, combat monsters, min/max, PVP.
Any warnings or disclaimers: I'm not out to get my players. I don't like having to pause the flow of the game to argue about a rule. I'm here to tell a story and moderate. Be ready to interact and have a good player vs. environment experience. (not players vs. dm) If you are looking for heavy combat / slogging through dungeons for epic loot, try WOW :)
You can PM me on Discord, CountZero.

For those who are unsure if they are a munchkin or do not know what one is, please check out attached link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchkin_(role-playing_games)

Shaping up to be epic!!!

Link to Gamecalendar page: No Calendar yet, might do one when I find folks.

Hopefully get some players, thanks!

damned
May 10th, 2017, 15:16
Well done bigfisch1019.
There are less players this side of the planet but Im sure you will have a full table in a few days!

bigfisch1019
May 10th, 2017, 23:13
So far, on here, I got 1 potential player and on the discord I have a potential player. So hopefully there will be more interest as time goes on :)

Hero of Blades
May 11th, 2017, 00:26
This sounds ideal, I would love to join if there's room. I'm free Saturday nights and all day Sunday, and I have an idea for a wizard I would like to play, let me know.

Titivilus
May 12th, 2017, 00:05
I'm in.

bigfisch1019
May 12th, 2017, 00:21
PM'd. Currently looking at 4 players.... 5 would be ideal. (6 isn't bad either) I have no idea yet if we all can play at a good time, so if anyone else is interested, let me know and I will PM you. Thanks everyone so far! Come on forums!!! :)

tythemighty
May 12th, 2017, 01:36
Hello I am interested in playing, you said your not a big fan of aasimers because they are hard to RP, does this mean you don't want them in your campaign? im pretty good at RPing aasimers. PM me please.

roberth
May 12th, 2017, 03:58
I am interested in playing depending on the time

bigfisch1019
May 12th, 2017, 07:54
We have 5 now... We haven't started yet but if you are interested please let me know if you are interested in case people drop out or whatever. Thanks!

bigfisch1019
May 14th, 2017, 01:55
Looking for 1 more, our mage turned out to be in the wrong time zone. Preferably someone who wants to play a caster. Current party is druid, fighter, rogue, paladin. We are going to play every other Saturday at 1930 GMT +9. (Tokyo Time)

bigfisch1019
May 14th, 2017, 02:10
Waiting to hear back from someone, but if the time and style fits, pm me.

spoofer
May 18th, 2017, 01:42
Wow! I wish I could join you. But I am two thirds of the way through a campaign as the DM at the same time of the week. I cannot just tell my group, sorry guys, I quit!! But, man, I sure do wish I could join you.

bigfisch1019
May 18th, 2017, 02:47
Use their greed to kill the party, then come play in mine! :)

spoofer
May 18th, 2017, 09:46
I use an injury system instead of character death. I guess I have to cut off all of their limbs. "Your movement rate is now zero." :)
That should do the trick. ;)

bigfisch1019
May 20th, 2017, 15:34
Looks like we are full. Anyone else interested can PM me or post and I will notify you if someone drops. Thanks a lot for the interest, going to be a great campaign!

Kyrran
May 21st, 2017, 10:23
Oops! I didn't make it to page two! Disregard the post.

Good luck with the campaign! If anyone does drop, let me know :)

Olddragon
May 22nd, 2017, 11:46
If it wasn't Saturday I'd be in:( Have to work.

bmilley
June 8th, 2017, 06:52
Hey there, guessing you're a week into things already, but if you have a space open up I'd be keen. Saturday nights would be fine for me.

bigfisch1019
June 8th, 2017, 07:30
We play every other week but yes we are currently full. If someone drops will let you know. Thanks for replying :)