PDA

View Full Version : Creating a New Class with Par5e

OmegasLS
May 9th, 2017, 08:11
I hope I'm not posting this into the wrong section but I've been looking for a solution to my problem for over a week. I have a completed custom class Called an Alchemist and I'm having a little trouble with the parsing. My syntax is coming up well formed but still resulting in warnings. Not horrible as visibly the class works as intended... The problem I'm having is I can't find the coding necessary to tell FG what skill proficiencies are to be granted to a character that is multiclassing. Meaning a level 5 fighter decides to add his first class of Alchemist. When this happens there are no more skill proficiencies granted. I've also noticed in the Par5e guide that there is no coding in the example, that would cover what the commands would be. If someone knows of a way to get that into my class I'd really appreciate it. I have included most of the Class.txt data below for review (The rest follows in a response post). Thank you!

##;Alchemist
#h;Alchemist
These are the very brains behind many of the worlds salves and medicine, as well as deadly bombs and poisons. While magic has it's place, the immense
availability of non magical material makes alchemy a staple in the art of scientific discovery. Tedious labor is spent learning every secret of the physical
world transforming even some of the most common materials into fantastical blends and brews. Many spend their entire lives never leaving the alcove
of creation that they proudly refer to as their lab. As an alchemist out in the wilderness your proclivity for strange and new materials limits your abilities
without your lab but is offset with new discoveries.
#h;Creating and Alchemist
Away from the nearly unlimited resources of your lab the ability for you to properly research your latest discoveries is limited and eventually all
alchemists return home and give up a life on the road, lest they stray too far from the art. As such Alchemists are limited to achieving 10 levels as no true
alchemical master spent more than half their life outside their personal research facilities. Naming a Master is a must... anyone serious to achieve
greatness in the field or really even just hope to survive seeks out a Master and learns all he or she can before spreading ones own wings. High
Intelligence and Wisdom are a staple and a decent, Dexterity and Constitution are required as an imbecile would never make any progress, and NO true
alchemical ace has gone through life without blowing him or herself up at least a few times.
(This Class goes hand in hand with "The Compleat Alchemist" a free PDF version is available online and should be obtained by anyone looking to play an
Alchemist)

#h;The Alchemist
#ts;
#th;Level;Proficiency Bonus;Features;Title;
#tr;1st;+2;Uncanny Aim, Craft Elixirs, Craft Poisons;Initiate I;
#tr;2nd;+2;Locate Materials, Craft Powders;Initiate II;
#tr;3rd;+2;Quick Concoction, Craft Blade Venoms;Initiate III;
#tr;4th;+3;Improved Uncanny Aim, Craft Devices, Ability Score Improvement;Initiate IV;
#tr;5th;+3;Feat Granted = Alert, Craft Talisman;Scholar I;
#tr;6th;+3;Improved Quick Concoction, Craft Potions;Scholar II;
#tr;7th;+4;Craft Alchemical Dusts;Scholar III;
#tr;8th;+4;Craft Solvents, Ability Score Improvement;Adept I;
#tr;9th;+4;Craft Alchemical Gases;Adept II;
#tr;10th;+5;Craft Essences;Master I;
#tr;11th;+5;Craft Constructs;Master II;
#tr;12th;+6;Master of Mixtures,Craft Aqua Vitae, Ability Score Improvement;Grand Master;
#te;
#h;Class Features
As an Alchemist you gain the following class features.
Hit Points
Hit Dice: 1d6 per alchemist level
Hit Points At 1st Level: 6 + your Constitution modifier
Hit Points At Higher Levels: 1d6 (or 4) + your Constitution modifier per alchemist level after 1st
Proficiencies
Armor: Light Armor
Weapons: Simple Weapons
Tools: Alchemist's Tools
Saving Throws: Intelligence, Dexterity
Skills: Choose three from Alchemy, Medicine, Nature, Insight
Armor: Light Armor
Equipment
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
#ls;
#li;Quarterstaff
#li;Leather Armor
#li;Alchemist's Pack & Explorer's Pack (These packs are granted only to a new character of Level 1)
#le;

#fe;Uncanny Aim;1
Many Alchemists have never really picked up a sword... and most armor is always nothing more than a coffin you might wear in the presence of the wrong
alchemical mixture. As such the idea of getting into close combat on an adventure rightfully petrifies you. As such you realize it is paramount you disable
your foe before they can get close. Normal ranged weapons are too slow. Your practice with thrown weapons including the concoctions you make gives
you a decided advantage when your character is not engaged.
<b>Attack</b> = +2 with thrown weapons
#fe;Craft Elixirs;1
At 1st level of Alchemist you are able to begin crafting Elixirs (See The Compleat Alchemist for examples).
#fe;Craft Poisons;1
At 1st level of Alchemist you are able to begin crafting Poisons (See Poison Crafting table for list and requirements). This does not include Blade Poisons
which require level 3.

#fe;Locate Materials;2
At 2nd level you are able to make a search once per day (Duration 1 continuous hour) to find materials in a given area using your metaphysical abilities. You
have a 90% chance to find 1d4+1 drams of a common plant or herb desired, Rare plants and herbs can be found as well at a 25% Chance, (The plant or herb
must reside in the terrain type searched). OR You will find 1d4+1 drams of rare earth's if you declare your search instead to be sifting through any exposed
sand or dirt. (Using this search in a tundra will only produce 1/2 the material due to the frozen landscape, and snow covered landscape is not searchable
unless 2 hours are used to clear away snow and prepared the ground for sifting, in which case tundra rules apply).
#fe;Craft Powders;2
At 2nd Level your Alchemical expertise is growing. Powdered formulations are now more than just an art you study and read about.

#fe;Quick Concoction;3
At 3rd level your skills of making due on the battlefield start to shine. During combat you may take a half action to scan your surroundings for materials
you can use to your advantage. For one full action you can create any mixture you know how to in a flash. These potions and poisons aren't your carefully
measured creations but will do in a pinch.
#ls;
#li; Bombs and poisons made are 50% less effective than normal
#li; Healing salves and potions made are 50% less effective than normal
#le;
#fe;Craft Blade Venoms;3
You have begun experimenting with poison tipped blades hoping to find the correct consistency and ingredients and it has finally paid off. You are now
able to poison the blades and tips of your and your allies weapons.

#fe;Improved Uncanny Aim;4
At 4th level your throws have become not only more accurate but you've learned a thing or two about fighting in close. You may now use thrown
weapons while engaged and without incurring any other normal penalties or attacks of opportunity. (This feature does not apply to other ranged
weapons.)
<b>Attack</b> = +3 with thrown weapons
#fe;Craft Devices;4
You are now able to produce devices using the simple and complex materials from the earth.

#fe;Craft Talisman;5
You now have the ability to create small coin shaped pendants of great power. Operated by touch and mostly worn around the neck they offer support to
the wearer and hindrances to their enemies.

#fe;Improved Quick Concoction;6
At 6th level you've become so accustomed to a few of your formulas and so keen in your ability to measure that you are able to produce well
proportioned mixtures simply by hand! You may choose 3 Elixirs and 1 Powder. Any of the 4 chosen mixtures when created using Quick Concoction do not

suffer any penalties to their effects.
#fe;Craft Potions;6
Delving deep into your science you've discovered a way to craft potent brews referred to as potions. Potions effects are usually stronger and longer lasting
than Elixirs, and can offer more fantastic abilities.

#fe;Craft Alchemical Dusts;7
At 7th level you've begun to refine what you already know to increase the potency of your powders. As Potions are to Elixirs, Alchemical Dusts are to
Powders. Their versatility and effects are greater than that of powders, and as the dusts are heavier in composition they are more effective in areas that
are not enclosed and are much more effective than powders when used outside.

#fe;Craft Solvents;8
At 8th level you continue to branch out and discover new ways to use all that surrounds you. The ability to create highly corrosive acids and solvents and
the proper precautions and storage thereof is now in practical use by you.

#fe;Craft Alchemical Gases;9
At 9th level you have discovered how to create some of the most wide spread calamities of chemistry. Alchemical gases are able to affect very large areas
and in the right atmospheric conditions be quite persistent.

OmegasLS
May 9th, 2017, 08:12
#fe;Craft Essences;10
At 10th level the great and strange substances of trade have been discovered by you. Essences are created from metals or elements by subjecting them
to minute doses of Universal Solvent under strict laboratory conditions. The theory and nature of essences is simply that while Universal Solvent will
dissolve and seemingly disintegrate any substance, matter can never be destroyed, only altered. Therefore, Universal Solvent does not destroy matter,
but transmutes matter to its purest and most basic state known as Essence. It is the goal of the Master Alchemist to capture this elusive substance which
exists on the border between physical reality and subjective reality.

#fe;Craft Constructs;11
At the 11th level the ability of creating massive machine-like entities known as Constructs. They are formed from inorganic materials and can be imbued
with a very basic, sentient life by pouring a mixture of five different Essences over the completed subject.

#fe;Craft Aqua Vitae;12
At 12th level the Grand Masters of the trade most often discover the way to create the miraculous liquid known as Aqua Vitae, or the Waters of Life. It is
the catalyst in the creation of artificial life, and the substance from which Homonculi are grown.

#fe;Master of Mixtures;12
You pursuit of perfection is essentially complete. You are nearing the pinnacle of power and have earned the title Grand Master. You've spent your life
developing your craft and the product of your hard labor has paid off. All of your powdered or liquid mixtures are now more potent. Healing, damage
causing, or damage reduction is increased by 10%. Brews that depend on time active, now last 10% longer.

kp9911
May 11th, 2017, 05:04
You can't find it because it is something that is normally over looked. It's not on par5E and neither is it in my parser. If you wany to actually get the code necessary I highly suggest for now to follow Nickademus's work with xml templates.

I'm on phone so i can't really send you a link, but if you check his forum posts you should find them.

Zacchaeus
May 12th, 2017, 00:36
As noted when you asked the same question in the par5e thread you can't do this in par5e. Other than kp's suggestions you can also do this within Fantasy Grounds itself.

OmegasLS
May 12th, 2017, 04:48
Thank you both I will take a look at Nickademus' Work, and I ll see what I can do about re-entering the Class into Fantasy grounds manually should I run into any problems.

(I do apologize for duplicating the question in a second thread... :( Whether a big deal or not I hate duplicating inquiries. When I had originally posted it here I was afraid I might have been asking in the wrong area and after a few days posted a smaller follow-up into the 5e thread fearing this thread was going unnoticed by individuals with the keys to my mystery).

For now anyone looking for an Alchemist to join their midst I hope this class gives you a great start to a fun class! :D