PDA

View Full Version : Table Question

astromath
May 9th, 2017, 04:00
Is it possible to create an "elimination" table? What I mean is a table where once an item is rolled and if it is rolled again, then the table will automatically reroll until a new item is rolled.

Example: Let's say I have a table of 4 items randomly determined by 1d4. Let's suppose the table rolls a 2 for item 2. Now, I want item 2 "eliminated" from being a choice on the table so that only items 1, 3, and 4 are legal choices.

Is this possible?

LordEntrails
May 9th, 2017, 04:26
There is a Basic Card extension that I think has this type of thing. You might look to it.

A normal table won't do this, but you might be able to integrate that extension with table functionality to get what you want.

Unless I'm wrong...?

astromath
May 9th, 2017, 04:27
Never heard of Basic Card extention. Where do you find it?

LordEntrails
May 9th, 2017, 04:34
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23099-Basic-Card-Tables-Extensions

astromath
May 9th, 2017, 04:39
Took a look at it. It's exactly what I want. Thx.

LordEntrails
May 10th, 2017, 05:56
Took a look at it. It's exactly what I want. Thx.
You're welcome. Glad it worked out.

El Condoro
May 10th, 2017, 09:55
Sorry to be a bit OT but is there an extension that will pass a modifier to a table from a story template or from another table roll?

LordEntrails
May 10th, 2017, 14:14
Sorry to be a bit OT but is there an extension that will pass a modifier to a table from a story template or from another table roll?
Not that o know of. You can check the sticky in each forum for the list of and links to the various extensions to see if anything seems likely.